Chapter 133

"Who?" Hank asked, confused at who this Valentine was.

"Valentine was an old friend of mine that worked with me before I became deviant. She ran away from her home and she hid for a few years before eventually finding this place. Val is the one who helped me turn deviant, but...that was years ago and we ended on a pretty sour note." Oreon explained. So she changed her name to better hide from anyone who could've been hunting her down. No wonder she uses a stage name these days, but why? Why does she still have to hide from others when androids are free? Paranoia? You wondered to yourself.

"I'm sure it won't be so bad. She might be thrilled to see you again." Connor reassured. Oreon didn't look very convinced. You gave him a reassuring smile and he seemed to relax a bit. You were glad that you got him to relax a bit.

After Valentine sang a few more songs she went backstage again, probably heading to her room. You all got up and headed over to the guards keeping people off the stage. They spotted you and looked at you and your group with questioning gazes. 

"Excuse us, but we're here on investigative matters for a murder case. We'd like to interview the mistress if she isn't busy." You said, showing them your ID. They both looked at each other. One of the nodded.

"Follow me, please." You all followed the man and he showed you to a door with a gold painted metal heart on it. "She's in there. Inform us when you're done." He told you. You nodded and thanked him before he left. You knocked on the door.

"Come in!" She called. You opened the door and led your group inside. You saw her cleaning off your makeup. She was still in her dress though. She turned and her eyes widened at you all. Oreon tried to stay hidden behind you all, but being tall didn't really help him. "Oh! Hello! Do you need anything-" Her eyes locked onto Oreon. He waved at her.

"Hey, Val." She looked shocked and it was clear she had no words. You let him past you all and she stood up as he walked over. 

"O-Oreon?" She asked, still in disbelief. He nodded. She latched onto him with a joyful cry. "I THOUGHT I'D NEVER SEE YOU AGAIN! OH MY GOD, THIS IS THE BEST DAY EVER!!" He laughed and hugged back with a smile.

"It's good to see you too, Val. I see you've made a name for yourself." He chuckled. She pulled back, blushing a bit.

"Heh, yeah, I guess so." She agreed. "Where have you been?" 

"Ah, around." He replied. "Mainly out cold for most of the revolution." 

"What? What happened?" She asked.

"...Shot..." He muttered. She looked shocked.

"Oh my god, I'm glad you're alright!" She said. He chuckled.

"Yeah, me too. It's good to see you didn't get destroyed when the soldiers came though. My friends filled me in on what happened while I was out."

"Yeah, I escaped before they could find me." She replied.

"The only time you would leave this place." He said.

"Don't even start." She grumbled. He chuckled.

"I'm joking." He assured her. "Still, you look well. You and Roxy would get along, heh."

"Roxy?"

"One of my new friends. You should come and meet all of them sometime." He said. She smiled.

"I'd love that!" She said happily.

"Ahem, if you two don't mind we're all here for more than just a reunion." Hank said. They both turned and let go of each other.

"Right. Sorry guys."

"So, who are your friends? Is she Roxy? Huh...she looks familiar." Val inquired.

"Uh, no. That's not Roxy. These are three of my new friends. We've known each other for a while now, but each one of them had an important part in the revolution along with ending Cyberlife. I'm sure you've heard of Collin, right?" Oreon asked.

"Of course." Val replied.

"Well, this is Connor, Collin's brother. This is Hank, Connor's father. Lastly, this is...(Y/n), Connor's girlfriend. All of them are detectives, but I'm sure you don't need me to introduce one of them to you, Val." He said. Valentine's face fell as she froze. Her eyes scanned over you, once again not believing that this was real. You walked toward her and she took a step back like you were a ghost. To her, you could've been.

"Hey, Valery." You greeted with a sympathetic side smile. "Been a long time, hasn't it?" Tears were forming in her eyes.

"(Y-Y/n)...I-I thought you were-"

"Dead? Let me guess, hit by a car, right?" You said. She nodded slowly. "Well, let's just say I'm not exactly the same." You said, removing the skin on your hand. Her mouth gaped open.

"You're an android!? How!?"

"Cyborg." You corrected. "And I don't remember anything from before the accident. It's been coming back, but not by much." You sighed. "So, I need you to fill in the gaps."

"Why don't you remember?" She asked. You sighed.

"The old owner of Cyberlife, Alisandra, took me and turned me into this. She could've let me die, but she figured she could anticipate my deviancy and then analyze me to find out what causes androids to become deviants. It didn't exactly go as planned for her. By the time I turned deviant, they sent out Connor as a plan B to hunt and catch deviants. He's like us now, but...things got rocky ever since I became a deviant." You explained.

"So...she erased all of your memories?"

"Yeah, but I remembered one thing about my past not too long ago. I remembered my parents." You said. Val smiled a little, remembering them herself.

"They were wonderful people." She agreed.

"Well, I still need your help to fill in some gaps." You said.

"Of course! What do you want to know?" She asked. Your gaze darkened.

"Who killed them and who tried to kill me?" She looked very nervous all of a sudden, almost like answering that question would cost her life.

"(Y/n)....you don't want to get back into that. It's dangerous and you're lucky that you haven't been found out yet. If they found you...." She drifted off.

"What? Found out? If who found me? Val, what the hell even happened!?" She hesitated. She turned away, unable to face you.

"A man broke in and he killed your parents for...reasons. I knew who he was. He was after me. I couldn't stay because if he found me androids would never have been freed." She said.

"What do you mean? Why would anyone have been after you?" Connor asked.

"I think it's time you explain to us exactly what happened Valery. Or Valentine, whatever you go by now." Hank said. She sighed, seemingly deep in thought. After a minute, she turned back to you, her gaze serious.

"Fine, but...I need you all to keep this in mind. Watch your backs, because this information could easily get you killed and I wish I didn't have to drag you into this. But if you want justice for your parents, it's not going to come easy. That much I can promise you."