Chapter 83

Oreon's POV

"NO!!" I screamed as Collin picked up her lifeless body, carrying her bridal style. The sight sickened me. He had to right to touch her let alone hold her like that. "YOU SON OF A BITCH!!" I yelled, trying to pull myself free. He stared blankly at me.

"It really is unfortunate. She was such a beautiful girl." He said, examining her. " It really is a tragedy what happened to her." Collin stated plainly. He looked at me again. "I see you also have feelings for her. Hmph, how ironic. The girl of your dreams, with the man of hers. You must be devastated." I glared death at him, growling in rage. "Well, think of it this way, soon all of this won't matter. She'll be dead, you'll be dead, and everything will be as it should be. How pointless to love someone. Still, I have matters to attend to. Farwell, Oreon." He said and turned away.

"This isn't over!! You hear me!?" I shouted at him as he left without another word. I kept trying to pull myself free. Soon enough, the anger left me and it was replaced with guilt. Why is it every time I'm around something horrible happens? I thought sadly. Suddenly, I heard footsteps. I gasped, remembering Ralph. "RALPH!! RALPH!! HELP!!" I yelled. The footsteps picked up speed and I saw my friend come running in through the door. He gasped.

"Oh my goodness!! H-hang on! Ralph will get you out!" He said, dropping the wood. Ralph lifted the shelf and I was able to pull myself out. Miraculously, I wasn't damaged. "W-what happened!?" He asked. I didn't have time to explain it.

"Ralph, we need to go to New Jericho! Now!" I said. He seemed to understand it was serious. He nodded and went to get the defensive weapons we had. He came back with two pistols. We both changed into darker clothing and then I led the way to New Jericho. It was almost all the way across the city, so it was going to take a while for us to get there, but I didn't care. All I cared about was getting (Y/n) back and making sure she was safe. 

There was no denying it this time. In order to get her back...I was going to need to work together with Connor. I didn't care. I could accept him. We both had a common goal and now I could see that. We both cared about her and wanted to keep her safe. Don't worry, (Y/n). I won't let them hurt you.

Markus' POV

I was in the main control center. It was nearly 6:00 a.m. and the sun was just beginning to rise. Nothing was going wrong and it was calm. I was next to North as we just sat and watched over everything. 

"You think she's right?" She asked.

"What? (Y/n)?" I asked in reply.

"Yeah. Maybe...it would be less of a risk. Plus it's her choice." She said.

"If we let her leave, we put ourselves in more danger. That much I'm sure of." I said. Suddenly, the alarms went off.

"Markus! Somebody is trying to get in!" An android called.

"Turn on the cameras!" I ordered. They did and I saw an android with white hair and blue eyes trying to get in with an android with blond hair and a half-burned face. 

"Please! Let us in! It's an emergency!" He yelled. 

"Markus?" North asked. 

Let them in? 

I had to. The first looked desperate and panicked. The second looked worried as well. 

"Let them through!" I called. "Send an android to retrieve them and bring them here!"

"Yes, Markus!" The android controlling the doors said. A female android talked over the speakers.

"Would any free guidance android please report to the opening doors. I repeat; please report to the opening doors, thank you." She said.

"What do you think they want, Markus?" North asked. I looked at the screen as they entered.

"I dunno, but I have a bad feeling." I said. She nodded, looking back at the screen. Soon enough, the two androids arrived with three guidance androids.

"Please, I have to find him!" The white-haired android said.

"Sir, please calm down." A woman told him. I hurried over.

"I'm Markus. Please, you both are safe here. Are you alright? What do you two need?" I asked.

"You're Markus?" He asked. 

"Yes. Were you looking for me?" I asked.

"No, but you're the only one that can help me find him! Please! You have to help, we don't have much time!" He said.

"Whoa, slow down. What's your name?" I asked.

"Oreon! And this is Ralph, but you don't understand! My friend's life is in danger!" He said.

"Different friend?" I asked.

"Yes! She was taken! Please, I need to find an android named Connor! Is he here?" He said. I looked at North worriedly.

"Connor?" I questioned.

"Yes! He's an RK800, brown hair, brown eyes, and traveling with two wolves named Galaxy and Bandit!" Oreon explained. 

"Call Connor to the control room!" I shouted.

"Right away." The woman running the speakers replied.

"Connor needs to come to the main control room immediately. I repeat; the android known as Connor needs to come to the main control room immediately." She said.

"Thank you!" Oreon said.

"Anything to help." I replied. "Perhaps you should sit down and try to relax as you wait." He nodded, already started to relax.

"Y-yes...thank you." He said and the three androids guided Oreon and Ralph to some chairs. I turned to North.

"You don't think that..." North began.

"We can't be sure, but...I have a pretty good feeling that my gut is right on this one." I said.

"What are we going to do?" North asked. 

"We need to be ready for anything." I said. "Call Hank Anderson, Elijah Kamski, Simon, and Josh to the main control!" I called. The speakers went off again.

"Hank Anderson, Elijah Kamski, Simon, and Josh to the main control room. Once again, I repeat; Hank Anderson, Elijah Kamski, and the androids known as Simon and Josh to the main control room, thank you." (Y/n)...what have you gotten yourself into.