Chapter 159

*30 minutes prior to when Connor and the others meet Melvyn in the meadow in the grotto.*

You were brought to a factory-like building. You swallowed hard, nervous about what was going to happen now. You were forced inside and the doors slammed and locked behind you. You heard laughter. You turned and saw Melvyn ahead of you. You glared at him.

"What do you want from me!?" You shouted.

"More like with you, dear (Y/n)." He said. 

"Why me? Why are you even doing this? Androids are free and no matter what you're not going to change that anymore!" You said. He laughed.

"You still think this is about androids?" He asked. You were confused.

"Then why? Why are you hunting me and my friends for whatever fucked up experiment you're planning on doing." You said.

"You're parents started the very beginnings of the revolution, aside from the actual first deviant. I hunted them for their betrayal, but I missed two key pieces of that puzzle. Valery and you." He said.

"Why? I knew nothing about it and Valery did nothing." You said, still confused and angry at him.

"Because you were the one that survived and I was going to let you slide, but you tried to come after me, so I had you hunted down. My androids failed to complete the job though because Alisandra and Richard got their hands on you. I didn't think you were going to become a problem again, but you did, so here we are. The reason why I wanted Valery was because I could use her to figure out how deviants operated, but that isn't of importance anymore, clearly." He said. You glared at him.

"So basically, you decided to be a murderous dick because it benefitted you." You hissed.

"I'd watch your tongue, dear. You don't know what I can do to you." He said. You glared at him.

"I'm starting to care less and less." You retorted. He looked a little angry at your sassy retort.

"Take her to the machines and fix her! Then we'll hook her up to the final device." He said. You were taken off by three different men and you tried to struggle and stop them from powering you off, but they succeeded and your world went black.

When they powered you back on, you were fixed, but locked up somewhere else. You looked around for an escape route, but you didn't see one in the room you were in. Plus, breaking heavy-duty handcuffs and chains wasn't exactly easy either. Wires were hooked up to different parts of your body. It stung badly if you moved a lot with them attached. You struggled, but the sharp stinging pain was too much and you gave in, trying to catch your breath and calm yourself down instead.

You looked around again and you tried to figure out anything you could do to get out. There wasn't much. Struggling seemed to be the only thing you could do. You realized that there was very little chance of escape. You began to cry, scared and alone. You heard the doors open ahead of you. You saw Melvyn again and you glared at him.

"You're a MONSTER!!" You screamed. He rolled his eyes, but he grinned.

"I suppose we have something in common then." You glared death at him before he shut the doors. Suddenly, you felt pain in your entire body mostly in your head. You brain felt like fire and you couldn't focus on anything but the pain. You wanted to scream out for them to stop, but you couldn't even for words. All that came out were bloody screams and cries as your body thrashed, causing more pain thanks to the chains and wires. One more thing flashed through your mind, Connor. Tears raced down your cheeks as you felt the image of him slipping away.

"C-Connor!" You choked out. "H-help me!"

Connor's POV

*Back to present time*

I was shocked to see (Y/n) standing next to him. She gave me a grin I'd never seen on her face before. That wasn't my (Y/n). They'd clearly done something to her.

"What did you do!?" Claira yelled, voicing my own thoughts. 

"We made her better. She's one of us now." He said.

"Who are you to modify our friend!?" Nelly shouted.

"The name is Melvyn, and clearly I'm better." He said. I glared at him, my fists shaking in rage. I was so distraught about what he did to her, but my rage masked it. Then, I thought of something. If anybody could reach her, it was me. I had to try.

"Guys, I can reach her. I know I can." 

"You really think you can convince her?" Oreon asked. 

"She listens to me. I can get to her." I said.

"But how are we going to get you over to her to convince her?" Jax asked. I didn't have an answer to that one. Galaxy did though. All of a sudden a high pitched ringing played and all of the other wolves joined in, playing different and very annoying pitches. Everyone covered their ears, but the wolves took off and snatched as many guns as the could away from the soldiers. It was now evenly matched. Melvyn's men started shooting and the ringing stopped. We took cover, but hand to hand fights broke out as soon as guns started running out of bullets or were broken by the wolves. Now it was a fair fight. I heard Melvyn scream in rage.

"YOU SLY FOXES USE STUPID ADVANTAGES! WHY CAN'T YOU ALL JUST FALL!?" His rage shocked me. I understood being angry that we had a fair chance now, but that seemed a little excessive. I had been taking cover behind a tree from the gun fire.

"We all still alive?!" I heard Jacob shout.

"NOT THE TIME, MAN!" Dell yelled.

"STILL ALIVE!!" Jacob shouted.

"WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU!?"

"A LOT OF THINGS! YOU SHOULD KNOW THIS!"

"WILL YOU TWO SHUT UP!?" Hank shouted.

"It's called being a distraction!" Jacob retorted.

"THEN DISTRACT THEM NOT US!!" Claira shouted.

"EVERYBODY CALM DOWN!!" Jax shouted.

"R-RALPH IS NOT GOOD AT CALMING DOWN!"

"This went from 1 to a billion very fast!" Nelly said.

"Ya think!?" Roxy said.

"Everyone! Stay focused! We've got a fight to win here and a friend to save!" Markus said.

"If she still wants to be saved!" North said.

"We've gotta try!" Markus replied. "Connor! You said you could get to her?"

"I'm the most likely to convince her!" I called.

"Then do your thing already!" North shouted.

"We'll handle Melvyn and his parade of assholes! You get (Y/n) back to being her annoying self!" Gavin said.

"I feel like you should be a part of that parade, Gavin." Claira retorted.

"NOT THE TIME, GUYS!!" Oreon shouted. I heard Roxy say something useful to me.

"(Y/n) ran back toward the factory!" 

"Go, Connor! We'll finish up here!" Hank shouted. I didn't have a choice nor time to protest. I raced off back toward the factory. I had to get to her. I had to fix this. I knew I could fix this.