Chapter 143

You woke up the next morning, your body feeling really sore. You pushed yourself up slowly and looked to your side. Connor was still asleep. You smiled a little. You ran your thumb gently across his exposed cheek. His brown eyes opened and his gaze met yours.

"Goodmorning, Connor." You said warmly. He smiled.

"Goodmorning, my love." He replied. You chuckled. You leaned down and kissed his forehead. 

"How...how do you feel?" You asked. He sighed.

"I...never thought it was possible for me to be so...exhausted." He said. 

"You should get some more rest then. It's still early." You told him.

"I'll be fine. What about you? I wasn't too hard on you last night, was I?" He asked, sitting up.

"I'm...pretty sore, but I'll be fine. Besides, that was so worth it." You said. He smiled.

"It makes me feel so happy knowing I can make you feel so good." He said, holding you. You kissed him for a few short moments. 

"You don't need to make me feel good to make me happy, Connor. Although, I do appreciate that you want to show your love." You said. He smiled.

"I will always show you how much I love you." He promised. You smiled at him, eyes glimmering with warmth and joy.

"I know."

You both got up and went to go clean up. Connor used the other bathroom to give you some time to yourself. As much as you both loved being around each other, after last night it felt good to wash up yourself and simply let the warm water melt away any tensions in your body. Once you were done you dried off your hair to the best of your abilities, got dressed, let your hair air dry for a bit, did your makeup, styled your hair, and finally, you joined up with Connor downstairs, ready to go.

You both headed out together. You drove this time, happy that you got the chance. You knew how to drive and you had made sure it was legal for you to drive, so you were completely safe. The drive to work was short and filled with you and Connor humming/singing to the radio. 

After about 15 minutes you arrived at the police station. Once you arrived you met up with Hank and Oreon. They had both slept well, but they noticed that you were a little slower today. You assured it was nothing, not wanting them to find out anything. Oreon soon spoke up.

"So, should we head out?" He asked. 

"Yeah. IT's best we get there as fast as we can. We don't have any reason to stay here and we don't have any time to lose. After all, none of us are getting any younger." Hank said.

"You mean you aren't getting any younger, Hank." You chuckled. He glared at you slightly, grumbling under his breath. You saw the tiny grin he was trying to hide though. Oreon was driving again, putting you and Connor beside each other in the back with Hank in the front. You all headed out together. You frowned as you thought about it though. Connor noticed this. He decided to make sure to keep it quiet with the others if you didn't want him asking out loud. 

"Are you alright, (Y/n)?" You looked at him. You turned away, but you replied,

"What if this man is the one that killed my parents? I...I want to bring him to justice, but...it was so long ago. Why? Why did it all happen? Why couldn't I have just had a normal life?" You asked.

"Would you like a life without me?"

"What!? No!"

"Then you do not want a normal life." He told you. You looked at him, smiling a bit. 

"Thank you, Connor, but I can't help wondering what would've happened. I can't help wondering....if there was anything I could've done to stop them from dying. I just wish I knew." You said. 

"I know. I wish they were here as well, but there is no way to change the past. We can only try to change the future. Whether or not it's for the better or worse, there's no way we can be sure. All we can do is try." He pointed out. You smiled, leaning against him.

"I know we can change it for the better as long as we're together." You said. He smiled, wrapping one arm around you.

"I have no doubts." He agreed. You smiled and relaxed as you all made your way along to the retirement home where Jamison was. You were ready for anything. You had to be. It was time to face and solve your past, no matter what it may be.

(Heya guys. Sorry this is shorter and sorry it's the only one I'm uploading today, but I just wasn't feeling up to it. I want to give you guys good content and if I'm not feeling in the right mind, there's no point in trying because then it's a hassel for me and it's not even worth it. I'll upload more tomorrow! I promise! With that, this is Spiritwing howling a goodbye! Author AHWOOOOOOT!)