Chapter 64

It has been a few days since Oreon started living with you. Connor and Oreon hardly talked, but they both did their best to put smiles on when you were around. You appreciate their efforts, but you still wished they'd make an effort with each other and not just for you.

You were with all of your friends again as you all went out for a walk. You all had decided to spend the day at the park for fun. The animals had all come along as well. Most of them, anyway. Fang and Gem didn't want to come because they were, well....snakes. Snow wasn't exactly their style. You liked Zora though. She was a nice android and a good match for Jax. You held hands with Connor as you all headed to the park. You were all bundled up just in case it got too cold at any point. You didn't think it would, but it was better to be safe than sorry. 

You couldn't wait to get there. This was going to be so much fun! You were sure of it. There was a hill to go sledding, you could build snowmen or forts, you could go ice skating at the pond, and if there was nothing else you wanted to do, you could play at the park itself!

"Are we almost there?" Nelly asked.

"We have about 4 more blocks." Connor replied. You smiled. You walked just a little faster and Connor chuckled as you began tugging on his arm. He gently pulled you back to him.

"Eager, huh?" He teased. You shot a playful glare at him.

"Tease me and you'll end up with a snowball to the face, Con." You said. His grin fell as you said that. You chuckled. He smiled a bit and kissed your temple.

"Whatever you say." He replied. Once you arrived, Nelly and Jaden instantly split off to build a snowman. Dell and Jacob rushed to start their forts for a snowball fight. Flame joined Dell and Speckle joined him as well. You saw Claira go off with Roxy to go sledding. Jax and Zora went to the swings. 

You looked at Connor wondering what he wanted to do. He smiled at you.

"I think we should build a fort." He said. You smiled. You tugged him over to a clear area and you both started building. You both worked for about 10 minutes and you had made a strong iglu. You had peep windows so you could spy on the others as well. 

"That should do it." You said. Connor nodded.

"Now, should we work on snowballs?" He asked.

"Yep!" You replied. You both got to work and soon you had plenty of snowballs. You looked out the peep window. You saw that Dell and Jacob were nearly done with their forts. You had a bit of time yet.

"Okay, they're still working-mph!" Connor grabbed you and kissed you. You melted into it, kissing back as he pinned you to the snow-covered ground. When it broke, you looked at him, still stunned by what just happened. "Connor...I-"

"You said we had some time. Nobody can see us in here. What's wrong with kissing you?" He asked, a hint of tease in his voice. You blushed, but you chuckled.

"Cheeky." You commented. 

"You enjoyed it." He pointed out. You shrugged.

"You caught me, chief." You replied. You both kissed again, holding each other close. You held his hand and they both went white. You loved it when you did this. Connecting with him was one of the greatest things because it showed how much you both cared. You were both willing to be completely open with each other. 

You soon pulled apart, your breath forming a cloud in front of you that gently touched his nose. You cupped his cheek which was flushed now do to both the cold and the kiss. 

"I love you." You told him. He smiled taking your hand that was on his cheek and kissing it.

"I am aware." He replied. You both chuckled and stay wrapped tightly in each other's arms for the longest time.