Chapter 126

You were too shocked to say anything else. Connor looked at the next file and his LED went straight red.

"(Y-Y/n)..." You turned and looked at it with him. It was a case file....on yourself. It also read in big bold letters the word 'MURDERED'. You couldn't handle this. You stumbled back and Connor was quick to catch you as you nearly passed out from the information you had just obtained.

"It wasn't an accident..." You breathed.

"(Y/n), you have to breathe. Your stress levels are dangerously high. Breathe, okay?" Connor told you. You tried to relax, but you were still too shocked to register anything else at the moment. Somebody tried to murder me. Somebody murdered my parents. Oh my god...how could I forget something so huge? How could I forget my own parents? Alisandra...what have you done to me?

"One thing is for sure, we're taking this up with Jeffery, now," Hank said. You nodded, still shaky. 

"(Y/n)? Are you sure?" Connor asked. You came back to your senses. You looked at him.

"Connor, somebody tried to kill me. I have no issue believing it was the same person who murdered my parents. I'm not gonna just forget this. Damn it, I'm going to bring in whoever did this." You said. He nodded.

"Okay. Then I'm with you." He said. You smiled at him.

"Oreon, you good?" You asked. He stood up and nodded.

"Let's get to the bottom of this." He agreed. You all headed upstairs, files in hand. You began to feel anger. Why hadn't Fowler said anything? Had he known? If he had, why? Why did he keep this a secret? Had he known the whole time? You were about to find out. 

You all walked into his office and you put the files on his desk. You crossed your arms as he sighed heavily. So he DID know! 

"When were you going to tell me you had files and my parents and myself!?" You snapped.

"(Y/n), listen. Your parents happened years ago and when you died we wanted to figure out why you all were targeted, but then..."

"Then what!?" You snapped.

"Raymond threatened to sue if we continued our investigation in you. We couldn't pin Raymond to it since the story of you pushing him out of the way checked out completely. He had multiple witnesses. When we found Raymond was killed and you showed up...I didn't know what to think. It was clear something was different so I never told you. You would have never come here if it had been you, plus you were back from the dead for god sake! I'm sorry, but I couldn't tell you. I had the files hidden a little over a year ago. I didn't think Oreon was going to find them." You were shocked and outraged. 

"How the hell could you keep all this from us!?" Hank snapped.

"More like what the hell in general!? We find out (Y/n)'s a cyborg, she nearly dies for the how many-ith time, and now we find out her first death was a murder none the less and her parents were murdered when she was 17!?" Oreon shouted.

"Look we pinned it on the android!" Fowler said. "It was the only logical explanation! The android was never found and nothing else could hack a car! As much as you denied it when you were 17, it was the only option we had! Your family had no enemies that anybody knew of and with androids going crazy, that's what happened! There's absolutely no reason to go back to this case!" He said.

"I don't care if it's a given job or not, I'm going to solve this case no matter what you say. It was not my parent's android! I KNOW it wasn't!" You hissed. Fowler sighed.

"(Y/n), there's no point." He said.

"That's your opinion." You growled. He groaned.

"Fine! I'll let you work on the case just because I can't win this no matter what I do!" He said. You all grinned at each other. 

"Then we better get to work," Oreon said. 

"Oreon, you do realize you're still on files-" You gave Jeffery a death glare. "Nevermind. You're welcome to work on the case." He said.

"Thank you." You replied and you all left. You heard him mutter a short something under his breath.

"I'm the Captain and yet they're in charge. Jesus." You rolled your eyes, but you couldn't keep a small grin off your lips. You all gathered up.

"So, what's our first move?" Hank asked.

"We find my parent's android. She's still alive. I know she is. I...can only faintly remember her, but her name was Valery. We're looking for an android who ran away from a fairly large home and she's been missing for a little over 7 years now. Do we have any files on deviants that date back that far?" You asked.

"Hold on. I still have the information from all of the reported deviant case files. Let me see." Connor said. His LED flashed yellow for a minute before it returned to blue.

"There are hardly any that match the description, but I believe I found the filed out report," Connor said. You all went to Hank's desk and Connor put it up on the screen. There was no picture of the android, but it appeared to be a DV200. Connor looked at it, slightly confused. "I've never heard of that model before." 

"Well, Collin might be able to help us. He did say that all androids had records now like human citizenship records, right?"

"Yes. It would be a good starting point. I'll contact him and tell him we're on our way." Connor said, his LED flashing yellow again as he made the call. You let Connor talk to his brother as you, Oreon, and Hank talked with each other.

"You really think we're gonna be able to pull his off, kid? I mean...it's been seven years." Hank pointed out.

"I don't care if it had been 50 years. I'm going to get to the bottom of this, whatever it takes." You said. They both nodded. Connor stopped talking with Collin a moment later.

"We should get going." He said. You all nodded and headed out to Hank's car. You and Connor hopped in the back while Oreon took the front passenger side seat. 

"No matter what it seems like all of us end up going back to that damn tower sooner or later, am I right?" Hank said. Oreon chuckled along with Hank and Conor smiled a little, but you didn't.

"Yeah. It does." You said, looking out the window. I just know that there are still answers. I'm not going to give up. I'll find the answers. I promise you, Mom and Dad.