Chapter 82

You woke up at 1:27 a.m. and you looked around. Connor was still asleep, out cold from earlier. You smiled at him for a moment, before you frowned. You sighed mentally. I'm sorry. I know you want to protect me, but I can't be the reason everyone dies. You carefully got up and you put on some clothes that would help you blend in and stay undetected on the surface. (Pic above.)

You made sure everything was fine and then you looked back at Connor, still sleeping soundly. You walked over quietly. You leaned down and kissed his cheek, careful not to wake him up. I love you. You thought and hurried away. You navigated the tunnels and corridors until you reached it. The stairs back to the surface. You sighed. I'm sorry everyone, but I just can't keep you at risk any longer. You walked up the stairs and left. 

You looked around in the above layer of New Jericho. Nobody was around. It was dead silent. It would've unsettled you if you hadn't been hoping to be completely alone. You thought for a moment. Where did Oreon say that friend was? Come on, (Y/n). Think, think, THINK. You told yourself. You suddenly remembered what he had said. You nodded to yourself and headed out.

You crept along alleyways and abandoned streets. You heard the sound of the cold winter wind blowing the loose snow around along with whatever light trash was around. 

You kept going, careful to avoid any Cyberlife soldiers that might have been around. Streetlights seemed to illuminate your path, but you made sure to stay out of them, knowing you couldn't be caught alive or dead in the lights. 

You hurried along, listening carefully for anything or anyone that might be around. You didn't hear or see anything for a while. Then, you saw moving lights scanning an ally across the street. You quickly dove behind a large dumpster. You hunkered down, hardly making any noise at all. You sat there for a good 5 minutes as they scanned that area of the street before scanning your side. You prayed they wouldn't find you.

"So tired...I can't believe the boss is so insistent on having us search for this stupid android! Can't she just send out her stupid new toy to find it!?" One complained.

"Shut up and keep looking." The other retorted.

"So, you're not tired at all? And you don't think this is stupid in the slightest?" He questioned.

"Look, think of it this way, the sooner we find it, the sooner you can go back to sleeping in till noon like a lazy asshole." The other man grumbled.

"First off, fine. Second off, that name was uncalled for." The other younger man said and they moved on. You breathed a sigh of relief. You came out slowly, double checking to make sure they were truly gone. You nodded in satisfaction and took off again. 

You didn't have any more trouble getting to the house. You looked over it. It was old and more like a big shack rather than a house. It was surrounded by a fence. You looked around for a way inside. Soon enough, you spotted a hole in the fence. You crawled under it carefully and then you looked around for a way inside the house. You soon found a boarded up window. You peeked inside. You spotted a figure sitting in a chair. He had white hair and he looked tall. You smiled, instantly knowing who it was. You wanted to shout out for him, but you reminded yourself of the situation.

You soon found the front door. You opened it up and silently walked inside. You saw that he hadn't noticed you yet. He looked anxious as he stared at his folded hands. You wondered where his friend was. Maybe that's why he's anxious. He could be waiting for his friend to come back. You concluded. You walked over, finally allowing your feet to make noise against the dirty trash covered wood floor. Oreon looked over and he looked shocked. He stood up, backing away in astonishment.