Chapter 140

After all of the speed chess games, some rounds of piano songs, and some drink had by Carl and Hank, you all had to go. Markus gave Carl a hug goodbye and before you all left he asked where Carl's helping android was. Carl explained that after the medicine and some of the other things that needed to be done, he gave Peter, his android, the day off to go and enjoy himself. Markus looked a little unsure about that, but Carl insisted he was fine.

You all headed out together and you eventually made it back to New Jericho. You all headed inside and North was instantly next to Markus asking where he'd been, Markus explained everything to her and she calmed down. After that, you, Oreon, Hank, and Connor al sat down to figure out what to do next with your case.

"So, we know he's still in the city and we know he's in a retirement home, so now all we have to do is see if we can find him in one of them." Hank said.

"I guess we better start looking into local retirement home residents then." You said.

"Yeah." Oreon sighed.

"What's wrong, Oreon?" Connor asked.

"It's just all of this is getting a little repetitive, don't you think? We find one person we're looking for and then we go find the next person we're told to look for and then we do the whole thing again. It's starting to seem like a wild chase to me." He said.

"Well, maybe this time we'll be able to get something we don't know that's NOT about me out of Jamison." You said.

"Let's hope so." Hank muttered. "I have to agree with Oreon. It's all gettin' to be kind of weird. We find out you're parents were killed, then we find out that their android was made a deviant, then it goes to finding this Jamison guy who could be the killer, and then we find out you have a godfather who was Markus' previous owner, and now we have to go back to looking for Jamison in retirement homes around the city." You frowned, thinking about what they said. You began to wonder if this was just a wild chase. No. Why would Valentine send us after people after all this time? The only reason would be to protect herself, but that story seemed to real to be fake. There has to be something to all of this. You looked at all of them.

"Even if it is ridiculous, it's still the only way we can do it for now." You said. 

"(Y/n)'s right. Nobody ever said this wouldn't be tedious." Connor agreed. 

"I guess you do have a point there." Oreon said.

"Yeah." Hank added. You got an idea for what to do next. 

"Let's ask Markus if we can borrow a computer for a short while. We can research here instead of running back to the station." You said. They nodded and you all asked Markus if you could use one. He instantly said you could, happy to lend a hand. Connor began to research since he was the fastest at it. Soon enough, you had a place and you had records of Jamison staying there. It was late in the afternoon by that time so you all decided to head out tomorrow. You said goodbye to Hank and Oreon once you got back to the station. After that, you and Connor headed home. 

You headed inside with your boyfriend next to you. You both took off the winter wear you had on and then you let the wolves in. They both happily curled up next to the automated fireplace. You smiled at the two before sitting down with Connor. You leaned against him and he wrapped an arm around you.

"Long day, huh?" You asked him.

"Indeed, but it was rather enjoyable with Markus and Carl. It was surrising to find out you had a godfather though." Connor said.

"You think? I can't even really remember my parents and then I find out I have a godfather? Everything is just so confusing. I'm...I'm not even human anymore. Nothing is the same and the more I learn about myself the more I..." You paused. Connor looked at you.

"The more you what? What's wrong, (Y/n)?" You sighed.

"The more I learn about myself...the more I don't feel like myself. How can I still be the same person? It's impossibl, isn't it? I..." You looked at your arm as you let the skin go away. "I don't even know what I am let alone who I am." You said. Connor cupped your cheek and guided you to look at him.

"You're my girlfriend and you're the love of my life. You have people who care about you and you are the strongest person I have ever met. It doesn't matter to me whether or not you're classified as human, android, or other. I love you and I will do anything to keep you safe an to keep you in my life." You smiled at him. You connected your lips with his own and he took your hand, letting his own skin disappear. You felt that familiar spark as you connected with him. Your heart rate increased slightly and your heart pounded stronger against your chest. Connor pulled away for a second, his beautiful brown eyes meeting your own shimmering (e/c) ones. "I will forever and always love you, (Y/n)." You smiled more, two little happy tears rolling down your face. 

"I will always love you too, Connor." You promised and then you both went back to kissing. You felt your heart glowing with love and you could feel Connor's doing the same. Connecting with him was always an experience. 

It was a short moment later that you heard a bark. you both broke the kiss and realized that Galaxy and Bandit had been watching you both the entire time. Your faces both burst out blue, the two of you blushing out of immense embarrassment. The two wolves bust out laughing, high pitched squeaks signifying their laughter. It was kind of annoying to listen to, but the sight of them tumbling on the floor in their laughter was enough to make you both smile. 

After they stopped laughing you both knelt down and pet the two, showering them with love as well. They both panted and barked happily, pleased that they were apart of such a loving family. You paused. Would Connor be considered family? We're only dating... You glanced over at him. You smiled a little as Bandit nearly tackled him by leaping up at him and his paws landing on Connor's shoulders. You giggled a little at the sight. Even if we aren't technically family, the four of us are connected and nothing is going to change that. Not ever.