Chapter 18

You arrived at Hank's favorite food place. You got out as Hank nearly got hit with a car. You were worried for a sec, but he was fine. You relaxed and walked across the road after him. You stood next to Hank as he talked with a friend. After that, you waited beside him as he got his food.

"You ever been here before?" He asked.

"No." You replied.

"Seriously? You gotta try somethin' then." 

"I'm not hungry." You replied. 

"I swear I have never seen you eat. You getting enough?" Hank asked. You chuckled.

"Yes. Nelly bakes a lot and she's amazing at it. I should ask her to make some donuts for everyone!" You said. Hank seemed to like that idea. Connor came over an stood beside Hank on his other side. Hank looked semi annoyed with it. 

"What is your problem? Don't you ever do as your told? Look, you don't have to follow me around like a poodle!" He said. You decided to stay out of it. You knew Hank still might not be the most comfortable with Connor. Connor didn't say much. Soon, Hank got his meal.

"Ah! Thanks, Gary. I'm starvin'." Hank said. He walked over to a table.

"What about anything for you, Miss?" Gary asked.

"I'm alright. Thank you." You replied and followed after Hank.

"Don't you leave that thing here!" Gary called. You knew he was talking about Connor.

"Not a chance! It follows me everywhere." Hank replied. Connor followed both of you over. He stood across from Hank and you felt his arm brush your own. Your heart beat got a little faster at the close contact. Jeez, I need to calm down. I'm gonna give myself away. You glanced over to see if he had noticed, but his focus was on Hank at the moment.

"Your meal contains 1.4 times the recommended daily intake of calories and twice the cholesterol level. You shouldn't eat that." He said. Hank shrugged.

"Everybody's gotta die of something." He said. You chuckled a little.

"Do you eat here often?" Connor asked.

"Most days. Gary makes the best burger in Detroit." Hank said. "Which is why you should try one, (Y/n)." You smiled.

"I'm not hungry. I told you." You replied.

"Do you ever eat?" Hank asked.

"Of course I do." You lied. Hank shrugged.

"Suit yourself." He replied, taking another bite of his burger.

"Is there anything either of you would like to know about me?" Connor asked.

"Hell no. Well, yeah, um...why did they make you look so goofy and give you that weird voice?" He asked.

"Cyberlife androids are designed to work harmoniously with humans. Both my appearance and voice were specifically designed to facilitate my integration." Connor said. Hank nodded.

"Well, they fucked up." You were a little surprised. Connor looked over at you.

"What about you, (Y/n)?" He asked.

"I don't have any questions. I know a lot about androids anyway." You said.

"Why do you know so much?" Hank asked.

"Friend of mine used to work at Cyberlife." You lied. Hank nodded and neither of them questioned you any further.

"Can I ask you a personal question, Lieutenant?" Connor asked Hank. "Why do you hate androids so much?" Hank looked at him for a moment. You looked away from both of them, not wanting to get involved.