Chapter 14

You yawned as you sat up and stretched. You stood and and went to the bathroom. You grabbed a towel and the you closed the bathroom door. You stripped out of your clothing and turned on the faucet. You waited for it to warm up before stepping inside. You breathed a heavy relaxed sigh and the water beat against your skin. You began to wash your hair as the warm water cascaded off your body.

When you finished your hair you moved on to the rest of your body. It took a good 15 minutes total and once you were done you did a finale rinse before turning off the water. You snagged your towel and began to dry off. 

Once you were dry you wrapped the towel around yourself and headed back to your room. You stepped inside, but as soon as you did you heard a yawn. You turned and you blushed insanely as you spotted Oreon. You had completely forgotten to check to see if he was up or not. Usually he was up before you. He rubbed his eyes and glanced over at you. He didn't seem too care at first, but then he realized that you were only in a towel. He stared at you, his face quickly flushing blue.

"U-um..." He seemed at a complete loss for words.

"S-sorry Oreon. I forgot to check to see if you were awake." You muttered, embarrassed beyond belief. 

"What? Oh! No, it's okay! I..I don't mind. I can't see through the towel anyway." He said, trying to make you feel better. It hadn't really helped. You rushed to your closet and slammed the door shut. You heaved a sigh of relief to be out of his gaze. Then your groaned, completely hating yourself for being in such a stupid situation. You felt awful. Why did I have to be such an idiot!?

As you sat there, you began to tear up. You wished you didn't have these issues. Androids aren't supposed to forget to do things! Why do I forget!? Why am I the only android on Earth who has so much trouble with these types of things!? You cursed against yourself. You sat there, hugging yourself. Then, a knock came at the door.

"(Y/n)? Are you okay in there?" It was Oreon. You sniffed back your tears.

"Just go away Oreon." You said. Silence. The door opened. You refused to look up. Then, you felt arms around you. You were shocked.

"You don't have to be upset. It's not your fault. It's not even a big deal, okay?" He said. You sniffed again, but you refused to speak. He sighed. "(Y/n)...don't be like this. Please?" You sighed.

"I'm sorry. I don't know why this stuff gets to me." You said. He chuckled.

"Just calm down. I'll meet you downstairs, okay? You should get dressed." He said. You smiled at him.

"Thanks Oreon." You said. He smiled back.

"Stop thanking me. You don't have to thank me for everything." He said an left. You stood up and took off the towel. You got dressed and then you headed downstairs after Oreon. 

You made it down the steps and you headed into the living room. Oreon was relaxing on the couch. He turned and smiled at you. You smiled back. You had some time before you had to go in to work. You sat down next to him and he chuckled. "Better now?" He asked. You elbowed him playfully.

"Yeah, I'm fine now." You said. You felt bad right after though. "I'm sorry for reacting like that." You muttered.

"That doesn't sound 'fine', (Y/n). You should make up your mind." He said with a soft smile. You smiled back a little.

"Heh, guess I wasn't all better, was I?" You said. He hugged you.

"You have nothing to be upset about, okay? Come on, stop thinking about it. Let's just relax. Bandit and Flame are playing out in the backyard, so it's just us." He said. You smiled.

"Alright." You agreed. You both watched TV for about half an hour before you had to go. You hugged him and told him you'd see him again later. He hugged back and repeated it to you before you headed out. You grabbed your keys, slipped on your shoes, waved goodbye to Oreon one last time, and headed out.

You climbed into the car and started it up. You buckled in before turning on the radio. You flipped through the stations before settling and one of your favorite songs. You didn't have many yet, but you had heard this one before and thought it was pretty great. You rolled out of the driveway, humming along to the song. You hummed along all the way to work. It was a calm and peaceful moment that you fully enjoyed. 

Soon you arrived at the station. You parked and climbed out of your car. You smiled as you eagerly walked into work. You couldn't wait to see Connor again. You walked in and checked in for the day. You headed back to your desk and you got everything ready. You began looking through some of the newer things that had popped up. 

You glanced over and saw that Connor and Hank hadn't arrived yet. You decided you were going to be nice and get Hank a fresh coffee. You hoped he'd appreciate it. 

You stood up and headed over to get some for him with a smile. As you got it, you heard a smug sounding laugh behind you. You turned and frowned. It was Gavin. You noticed his gaze was locked on you and a nasty looking grin was on his face. You turned back to the coffee. Ignore him. Just ignore him, (Y/n). You prayed that would work and he'd leave you alone.

You had no such luck. As you began to leave he got up and called your name. Not wanting to make him angry you turned to face him, quickly becoming nervous.

"Goodmorning (Y/n). How are you today?" He asked.

"I'm fine." You replied. 

"Really? That's nice. Is that for yourself?" Gavin asked you, towering over you with the same smug grin still on his face.

"N-no." You replied.

"Who's it for then?" He asked.

"Hank." You replied. He hummed thoughtfully.

"You know I don't think he needs it. I'm sure he's already full on booze." Gavin chuckled darkly. You didn't say anything. "What? Is something wrong, (Y/n)?" He asked.

"No." You said quietly.

"No? Well that's good. So, are you gonna drink that?" He asked.

"Do you want it?" You asked.

"You know, I would like it." He said. Afraid of angering him, you gave it to him without a word. He smiled.

"You know, I can't possibly take this. Here, why don't you have it?" He said. You were about to grab it, but he flicked his wrist forward and it sprayed in your face and on your shirt. You gasped as some got in your eye. He rolled his eyes.

"Oh no, I'm sorry. Are you alright? You're not gonna cry, are you?" He mocked. You glared at him, tears lining up in your eyes from the stinging pain.

"What is wrong with you?" You snapped.

"Me? Look in the mirror idiot! Sticking up for a damn android? Tch. You're more desperate for friends than I thought." He insulted. You whipped around and hurried to the locker room without another word.

You leaned over the sink, your eye shut tight. The burning stinging pain was getting worse. You were crying now. You grabbed a paper towel and got it wet. You cleaned up your face but there wasn't much you could do for  your shirt. You thought about what Gavin said. You began to cry. You felt so awful. "Idiot!" You sniffed back your tears, trying to compose yourself. He's right...I'm so useless and I'm so stupid... Why am I like this? You wondered. You sighed, knowing you had to contact Oreon. You called him.

"(Y/n)? You alright?" He asked sensing something wasn't right.

"Hey Oreon. Can you bring me another shirt. Something happened." You said.

"Oh, uh..yeah sure. I'm on my way. See you in a little bit, okay?" He said. 

"Please hurry." You whispered your voice cracking a little.

"I will. I promise. I'm heading there now. Just hang on, okay?" You wiped another tear away.

"Okay."