Chapter 97

Collin's POV

I was with Hank. He seemed slightly uncomfortable with me. I understood that I reminded him of Connor, but there wasn't too much I could do about that because I didn't want to change my looks. I did look almost exactly like Connor, but I was proud of that actually. After all, we had accepted each other as brothers.

"Lieutenant, I apologize if I make you uncomfortable. I hope I don't make you upset about anything." I said. He looked at me.

"You and Connor are basically twins. Strange how you can just make a copy of somebody over and over again and nobody even notices." He said.

"I understand I look a lot like Connor, but I was hoping you could see me as who I really am. I understand you and Connor have a father-son relationship. I don't want to alarm you, but Connor and I have quickly accepted a more brotherly relationship. If you don't wish to see me as I son, I understand. After all, we have hardly spoken to one another, let alone bonded." I said. Hank looked at me.

"Brother, huh?" He said. I nodded.

"Correct." I replied. He grinned a little.

"You act just like him before he became a deviant. He was kind of annoying back then, but I got used to it. I guess one more annoying android couldn't hurt the family. I already got two of them." Hank said. I was surprised.

"Are you saying you will accept me as a son figure?" I asked. He shrugged.

"Why the hell not?" He asked. I smiled slightly.

"Thank you, Lieutenant." I said.

"Don't mention it, Collin. You did just end Cyberlife and you helped save Connor's life. It's really the least I can do." He said. "But I have a question for you."

"What would said question be, Lieutenant?" I asked.

"Now that Cyberlife is done for, what are you gonna do? Are you gonna join the police force with us?" He asked. I thought about it.

"No. I feel I should do a type of remodel of Cyberlife and run it myself." I said.

"Remodel of Cyberlife? How?" He asked.

"We will be in charge of giving androids life, watching over their political rights, and giving them options of what to do both during and at the end of their lifetimes." I said.

"End? But you're androids. You can live forever, can't you?" He asked.

"We have something that is called 'optional shutdown'. If an android wishes to be freed of this Earth, then we give them a choice what to do with their model, much like when a human dies they have choices like burial, cremation, or an organ donor." I explained.

"Hell, you really got that all planned out, don't ya?" Hank said.

"It is the most beneficial system I could calculate. With luck, this new version of Cyberlife really could create a better world for both of our races." I said. Hank nodded.

"Well, nobody better to lead it than you." He said.

"Really?" I asked.

"Yeah. You know a lot about androids, obviously, and you know a lot about all that political shit and everything. You have the right mindset for it too, unlike that Alisandra fucker. You'd be a good android to watch over it all. Hell and heaven both know a guy like me could never do it and Connor's on the force with (Y/n) and I. He'd be a little too occupied. Besides, you're the one that ended it. Might as well be you who starts a new better version of it." I nodded.

"Thank you, Hank." I said.

"Sure thing, Collin." He replied.

"I have a question for you now, Lieutenant." I said.

"What's that?" He asked.

"Should luck grant that both Connor and (Y/n) are revived, what do you suppose they'll both do next?" I asked. Hank shrugged.

"I'm not really sure. I guess it all depends on how developed everything is by the time they're both up. I know they'll probably start living together in that house again, but I don't know what they'd do from there." He replied. I nodded.

"I suppose it's hard to anticipate exactly what direction their lives will go. They are a rare combination." I said.

"Rare?" Hank asked.

"You don't see many cyborgs around." I replied. Hank nodded.

"Yeah, guess you're right." He said. "Then again, (Y/n) didn't know until recently, so I don't know. Guess it's a bit more common that way." He said.

"I suppose it is, but Connor did not know that (Y/n) was an android until she had already begun to care for him." I replied. He looked at me.

"How do you know that?" He asked.

"I was given important points of recollection in Connor's memory to understand more about him and his motivation for deviancy." I explained.

"Oh." He said, understanding why I would have that knowledge.

"Well, guess we can only try to prepare for what's next. Whatever the hell that might be." He said. I nodded.

"Yes. I suppose you are correct in that aspect. I just hope things do not go in the opposite direction of what we are predicting." I said.

"Yeah. You and I both." Hank agreed.

"Lieutenant, do you believe I should obtain an animal companion?" I asked.

"What brings that up?" He asked.

"Connor and (Y/n) have Galaxy and Bandit, you have Sumo, I was curious if maybe I should also obtain a pet." I said.

"Well, what were you thinking?" He asked.

"I like cats." I said. Hank stared at me.

"You are Connor's twin and his opposite at the same time." He said. I chuckled lightly.

"Connor also implied that humor. I suppose it is rather ironic." I said. Hank grinned a little.

"Ya think?" He asked. "Well, I'm sure Jaden could help you with that. From what Connor's told me, she's the animal one." Hank said.

"Yes, she is." I confirmed.

"Well, I better go see if I can find Sumo. See ya around Collin." He said.

"Goodbye, Lieutenant." I said. I went to the pet wing. I wanted to see what I could find. When I walked in there, I saw Streak, Sundrop, and Rebel were all there. They hung out with other animals around, mostly the group they were already accepted into consisting of most of the wolves around. I waved to them to be friendly and they all nodded back to me. 

There were some others cats there as well, but I spotted one that I really liked. I walked up to her and she looked up at me. "Hello. My name is Collin." She purred and I held out my hand to her. I scratched gently behind her ear and she purred louder. I smiled and I hugged her. "You are very cute. I think I would like it if you would be my animal companion. Would you be willing to do that?" I asked. She purred happily and rubbed up against me. I held her tighter, a warm happy feeling inside of myself at that moment. "What is your name?" I asked her.

"My name is Winter."