Chapter 94

Jax's POV

It was like I was in water. Bullets flew past slower than normal. Blood dripped down my cheek from one narrowly missing my head. The rest of my body was no better, but my hands weren't shaking. They were still. I was panting, just a little bit of sweat on my forehead. My hair was now messy. I had a bullet wound in my side. Luckily, the shot had missed everything important. 

I held my gun firm as I raised it and fired. My aim moved from one Cyberlife soldier to the next, faster than anything else that was moving around me, still seemly in slow motion. I heard a soldier scream. I turned, seeing Fang had bitten the hand on the trigger of a gun which was aimed at me. I shot him and Fang shot back to me, slithering up my leg and back onto my shoulder, hissing loudly. I grinned a little.

"Good boy." I said. He licked my cheek and we kept fighting. I heard a shout from Dell. I saw that he'd been hit in the leg. I leaped in and shot the soldier attacking him. I was right out in the open, but it seemed as if no soldier dared to test me. I kept fighting, my body feeling like a fire, both fueling and burning me. I made sure Dell was okay and then I hurried to Zora's side. I stayed near her, keeping her safe. Now I understood how Connor felt about (Y/n). Nothing was going to happen to her. Not while I was still moving. 

All I could hear were shots, shouts, and screams. I had tuned them out, my focus perfect. It all felt natural. Nothing was undestined. It was in that moment I grinned, feeling the thrill of the fight pushing me forward. This was what I was good at. I was made for this. Zora was too. I could see it in her eyes. I already knew what kind of adventures we'd be going on together. I was ready for it. After all, I was never a guy to settle down too much.

Bandit's POV

I looked around. I saw Crow, a completely black wolf, fighting with his girlfriend, Spring, a light pink-ish wolf with light tan patches. They were cornered. I ran to help them, howling for Flame to help me. He heard and bolted after me. We tackled the two men and broke their necks. I growled at them before hopping off.

"Thanks, Bandit." Crow said, his yellow eyes piercing into mine. He was a more serious wolf. They had arrived at New Jericho after the humans left the city. I had gotten to know them well from my time in the animal wing there. I nodded to them.

"Come on!" Flame barked. I nodded and we took off, leaving them to fight for themselves. They could handle it from there. Me and flame charge up the stairs to help North's group. Some animals followed us. I left Galaxy in charge of the lower levels as I lead the charge to the top. We stampeded forward, charging at full speed. Each of us tackled whatever soldier was in our path, weaving around androids. I leaped at a man and shredded my teeth down his leg. He screamed in pain and I smashed his head down, cracking his helmet and skull. I looked around. I saw Winter was smashing a man into a wall over and over again. Winter was a black tiger with no owner. I didn't understand why her name was Winter. I'd have thought something more like Shadow would fit her. She'd named herself Winter, but nobody knew why. The reason why she didn't have an owner as because nobody had a place big enough for her, so she stayed at New Jericho. She was powerful and I mean outrageously powerful. 

I turned my attention away from her. I couldn't think about any of that at the moment. We all kept fighting. This wasn't over yet.

Oreon's POV

I was treating another wound. I was getting tired. I know androids don't usually get tired, but all of the stress and work and pressure can do things to you. As I was treating it, I heard less and less gunshots. I saw some soldiers fleeing. It was then, I got an idea. I looked around, trying to find a high commanding officer. I saw one and listened to his voice. I knew what I had to do. I shot him and then I shouted, using his voice.