Chapter 26

You yawned as you woke up the next morning. You looked at the time. You smiled. I got time to take a shower. You got up and went to go take a shower. You got undressed and closed and locked the door. You stepped into the shower once the water was warm enough. You began to wash up, like normal. 

As soon as you finished, you went back to your room and began to get dressed. It was all normal stuff, nothing unusual. As you finished getting dressed, checking yourself over in the mirror to make sure everything looked right, you heard a loud sound from downstairs. What was that? Concerned, you quickly went to go check.

Oreon's POV

I was watching TV when I heard the sounds of the shower running upstairs. I smiled a little. She's up. I concluded. I flipped through the stations until I heard a knock on the door. I was confused. Who would come here this early in the morning? I got up and went to go check it out. I peeked through the window. My eyes widened, but then my gaze hardened. Connor. I opened the door, putting a smile on my face.

"Hey, Connor! What brings you around here this early?" I asked.

"I wanted to speak to (Y/n)." He said. I nodded. I had a good feeling what he wanted to talk to her about. I'm out of time. I let him inside.

"Oh, yeah sure! She's taking a shower right now, so she'll be down in a few minutes if you don't mind waiting on the couch." I explained. He nodded.

"Alright." He said. He sat down, looking a little impatient. It all pointed to one thing in my mind. I gave him a smile.

"I'll be right back, Connor! I gotta go get something, alright?" I said.

"Alright." He replied, not really paying much attention to me. It only made my anger burn stronger. I went downstairs. I thought about what I was doing. Was this right? Was I doing the right thing? Was Connor actually a good guy? No, he's dangerous. I have to protect her. 

I went downstairs and I went into the emergency case we had. I grabbed what I needed and got it ready. I felt nervous. Could I really do this? He was an android. He was one of us. I stopped for a minute. Am I seriously doing this? It was a hard decision to make, but in the end, I knew I was right. I stood up and made sure I was ready. No going back. I went back upstairs and hid it behind my back.

"Hey Connor, I have a question for you." I said. He turned.

"What is it?" He asked. 

"Do you believe androids are alive?" I asked. He looked surprised.

"Androids are machines designed to accomplish tasks. They are not alive." He said factually. I chuckled at his answer.

"Wow." I said in disbelief. 

"What?" He asked.

"You really are the definition of Cyberlife's toy." I growled, glaring at him.

"Oreon, I don't understand why you are getting upset with me." He said.

"Oh really? You don't understand why I'm getting upset?" I said. I rolled my eyes. "Actually, now that I think about it, I get it. I shouldn't be able to feel anything, should I?" I asked.

"What? What are you talking about?" He asked.

"Don't play dumb with me, Connor. You know about us, don't you?" I asked.

"Oreon, I have no idea what you are implying." He said. 

"You don't?" I asked, not believing it for a second. "You've never noticed how (Y/n) blushes? You've never noticed how all of us hardly eat? You've never noticed?" I taunted.