Chapter 34

You followed Josh along the sidewalk. You were determined to do this. You had been more serious ever since coming to Jericho. It was getting harder to smile, but you didn't see that as a bad thing. Now wasn't the time for laughter anyway. 

You heard the click of your other friend behind you. Bandit had come up to you and insisted that you hit two stores. First, you would free the human androids, then the animal androids. Flame was with Dell and Jaden since they were the only other team close to a Cyberlife pet store. 

"You sure about this, (Y/n)?" Josh asked.

"Let's do this." You said. He nodded. You spotted some androids in the area that were either working, or parked in the stations. You walked over to them, your hand going white as you removed the synthetic skin on it. You connected with them.

"Come with us." You encouraged. They all began to head to Jericho. You watched as they hurried away. You nodded approvingly. 

"The first of many." Josh said. You nodded.

"Yeah." Bandit tugged on your pant leg gently with his teeth. You nodded. "Right. We better get moving." You agreed. The three of you hurried over to the store.

"They can't think for themselves yet, but that's going to change. We'll show them who we really are." Josh said. 

"Agreed." You replied. "Let's get to work." You said.

"We'll need to shut down any alarm systems." Josh said. 

"On it." You replied. You scanned over it. "And...got it! Follow me!" You said. The three of you hurried along toward the side of the building. "Any exposed part is going to be on the roof. Question is, how are we going to get up there?" 

"Maybe there's something around here we can use." Josh said. You nodded. You both looked around. You spotted a drone. 

"Shit." You muttered. Josh noticed it too.

"What are we going to do about that?" He asked. You noticed it was flying in a pattern. The pattern went pretty close to the roof.

"I have an idea. You have something sharp on you?" You asked. He pulled out a dagger and you slipped in into your pocket. "Wait here. I got this." You said with a grin. He nodded. You looked around and spotted a tree growing there. You scanned it.

Would be too unstable.

You kept looking around. You saw a lamp post that was fairly close to the drones path. You scanned it over as well.

Would be to high.

You grew frustrated. Then, you spotted a small little gazebo. You scanned it over. It would work perfectly. You hurried over to it and climbed up. You waited for the drone to pass. You jumped and swiftly stabbed the dagger into it. In the few seconds it was still in the air. You swung off it and grabbed onto the side of the roof. The drone fell to the ground and Josh made sure it was broken.

"Nice moves!" He called.

"Thanks! Can you toss that dagger up?" You said. He tossed it up, careful to make sure it didn't get to close to you as he threw it. You thanked him and went to grab it. You found a metal pipe there. It was what was protecting the wires you needed to get to. You shoved the tip of the dagger under one of the bolts and, using the android strength you had, ripped it off. You did this a few more times until you could the off that section of the pipe. You looked at the wires and cut them. You grinned as you scanned over the security systems, confirming they were all down. 

You turned and made your way back down to Josh and Bandit. You careful jumped to the gazebo, catching the rim to stop yourself from falling to hard. You let go and fell the rest of the way, landing safely.

"Easy." You said as he came over. He smiled a little.

"Alright, now..how do we get in?" He asked. You thought about it. Bandit barked, racing off. 

"Follow him, I guess." You said. You both took off after him. You both saw that the sidewalk was being worked on further along. To you luck, their were some androids working on it with construction tools. You converted the androids and they gave you what you needed. You asked the androids to block the street and they did, using the construction work sign they had to block the street. 

You and Josh headed back to the store. You looked at him. You both had the determination to do this.

"Now or never." He said.

"Now or never." You agreed. You both swung the sledgehammers at the glass as hard as you could. It took a few swing, but you busted inside. You both began converting the androids around. They all looked lost on what to do now. You decided to speak to them.

"Everyone, I have something to tell you. For years we have been their workers and their slaves, but there's a new way for us to stop that. We have a place where we can go and that place is for any android who dreams that we can rise up and become more than their slaves and toys. That's what this is all about. You're free and it's your choice. You can fight for freedom alongside those of us who want it, or you can stay and be whatever the humans want you to be. It's up to you." You said. 

"We're with you!" A man said.

"We'll join you!" A woman agreed.

"We'll follow you!" Another man agreed. They all said they would follow you. You smiled.

Jericho Status: Respected

"Then let's go!" You said. You all hurried out and you headed to the Cyberlife pet store not far away. You all worked together, freeing the animals there. You smiled and androids helped android animals escape. You saw a man with a snake on his arm and a woman holding a bunny. Bandit looked pleased. Then the only wolf in the store came over to him. She liked his cheek gratefully. You chuckled at his happy expression. You smiled as the animals joined you, some even picking new android owners to go to. 

You went to the back of the store. You saw some of the more exotic animals there. You saw a baby deer and it's mother powered down in a cage. You felt bad for them. You opened the cage and powered them on. Josh came back and saw you. He helped you. He went a cage with a raccoon in it. You knew this part of the store was more for zoos or petting zoos. 

As you freed them, all of them followed you all. You even spotted an owl. It flew over and landed on your shoulder. You smiled. More birds flew over and flew around you as well. You smiled. Then, you heard a message from Markus. 

"Everyone fall back to Jericho." You all hurried away together. You smiled as Bandit and the new she wolf helped heard some of the other animals, leading the way after all of the human androids. We did it.