Chapter 11

You headed out with Hank and Connor to a location where an AX400 was spotted. You stayed with Hank as Ben gave you the details. 

"We got officers sweeping the neighborhood, in case anybody saw anything." Ben said. 

"Okay. Well, let me know if they turn anything up." Hank said. You saw Ben was looking at Connor.

"What are you gonna do with that?" He asked. Hank looked at Connor who was patiently waiting by the car. You felt kind of bad. You wanted to convert him, but something told you it wouldn't be that easy. 

"I have no idea." Hank replied. 

"What do you mean, Hank?" You asked. He sighed and Ben looked at the ground.

"It's a long story, I'm just...not a fan of androids." He said.

"Why?" You asked. You could see the mixture of grief and anger in his eyes.

"It's nothing you should concern yourself with." He said. You frowned a little. Hank and Ben split, but you caught Ben's arm.

"Why doesn't he like androids?" You asked. Ben sighed.

"Hank and his son got into a car accident. Cole needed surgery, but no human was available to help him, so an android had to help, but...Cole died." Ben explained. You were shocked.

"Oh my god." You breathed.

"Yeah. I wouldn't bring it up around him. It's a pretty rough subject for him." Ben said. 

"Thanks for telling me." You said.

"Sure." He replied with a smile. You walked back over to Hank and Connor. Connor started talking.

"It took the first bus that came along and stayed at the end of the line. It's decision wasn't planned, it was driven by fear." Connor said.

"Pft. Androids don't feel fear." Hank said. 

"Deviants do. They get overwhelmed by their emotions and make irrational decisions." Connor explained.

"Yeah well, that still doesn't tell us where it went." Hank said.

"It didn't have a plan, and it had nowhere to go. Maybe it didn't go far." Connor said.

"Maybe." Hank agreed. You scanned the area. You spotted a woman and a girl come out from behind a fence. You knew that was them. You got an idea.

"You don't mind if I look around, do you?" You asked.

"Sure. Knock yourself out." Hank said. You smiled thankfully at him before walking off. You subtly made your way over to the pair. When nobody was looking, you contacted the woman.

"Psst! Listen, I'm an android. I'm here to help you, okay? You have to trust me. Look to you left." You said. She glanced over her left side shoulder and you nodded to her. She turned away and kept walking.

"We need to get on the next train. Please." She replied. You looked up at the railway above you.

"Got it. Follow my lead. You had a hood right? Put your hood up and come over to me. Ask me if I can escort you to the station out loud. It will look more natural that way, got it?"

"Thank you."

"My name's (Y/n). I'm happy to help." She put her hood up. It looked normal since it was lightly raining out. You walked past her and as planned, she caught your wrist. 

"Um, excuse me Mam, but we need to get to the train station fast. Can you help us?" She asked. You smiled.

"Of course! Follow me!" You said. You lead the way, carefully and as subtly avoiding any officers. "So, what are yours names?" You asked, trying to act casual.

"I'm Kara and this is Alice." She replied.

"Thank you for your help Mam." Alice said. You smiled at her.

"Of course! It's no trouble at all!" You said. 

"We can't thank you enough for this." Kara said.

"You don't have to. I'm happy to help." You replied. You soon got them to safety and waved goodbye before heading back to Hank and Connor.

"Who were those two?" Hank asked.

"Oh, they were just running a little late for their train. They asked if I could get them there faster." You said.

"That was nice of you." Connor said. You shrugged.

"It wasn't too out of the way so I just thought 'why not', right?" 

"Well, no deviant. It won't get far. We'll find it sooner or later." Hank said. "Let's go." You nodded and got in the front passenger seat. You felt bad kicking Connor to the back, but you had to in order for it to look like you were a human. You thought about Alice and Kara. Goodluck you two. I know you can make it, wherever fate may take you. 

Kara's POV

Alice and I hurried onto the train. I checked over her, kneeling down to her level.

"Are you okay?" I asked. She hugged me. I hugged her back. We stayed like that for awhile. I was glad to be safe, but I was more glad that I had gotten Alice to safety. I wasn't going to let anything happen to her. I had promised myself that. 

"Kara?" I heard her ask. I pulled back to look her in the eyes.

"Yes, Alice?" I asked.

"What's gonna happen to that woman who helped us?" Alice asked. "She was a cop wasn't she? Why didn't she turn us in?" 

"Oh, Alice sweetie, she was an android, like me. She was secretly working as a cop. That's why she helped us. She's on our side." I explained.

"I don't understand. Isn't that dangerous? Why isn't she trying to get somewhere safe? Should we have asked her to come with us?" Alice asked.

"Oh no, Alice. She's taking a risk to help other androids that need it. She chose to stay there. We can only hope she makes it out okay. We have to be grateful for androids like her though. Remember that, okay?" I said.

"Okay, Kara." Alice said. I smiled and hugged her again.

"She was really pretty, wasn't she, Kara?" Alice asked. I chuckled.

"Yes, Alice. She was." I agreed.

"Do you think we'll ever see her again?" I thought about it.

"Maybe some day. If we do, we'll have to thank her again." I told her.

"Yeah. She seemed really nice." Alice agreed. I smiled.

"Yes. Yes, she did." 

"What will happen if she gets caught? Will they destroy here, Kara?" Alice asked, her smile fading to a worried look.

"I don't know, Alice. But we shouldn't think like that, okay? She's strong. She'll be okay. I'm sure of that." I told her.

"Me too. If she's a cop she has to be strong, right Kara?" I chuckled.

"Right, Alice. But I bet she's not stronger than you." I said. Alice smiled. We both sat down and she leaned against me, resting some more. I wrapped my arm around her and thought about that android. Her name was (Y/n), right? I wondered. (Y/n)...please....help our people. They need you.