Chapter 28

Bandit's POV

(Y/n) was my owner. I was loyal to her. Dell was my brother's owner. I was sitting tall as Flame was relaxing next to me.

"Oh come on, bro. Relax a little. You're always so serious. We're safe here! Home free! No worries! No human is gonna come to a rusty old ship." He said.

"Maybe, but (Y/n) just lost who she considered her brother. A best friend. He was the one who saved her from death and being found out earlier on. She's alive today while he died trying to protect her. Don't you understand that?" I asked.

"Of course! If I lost you...I don't know what I'd do." He admitted. I looked at him. I sighed. I licked his cheek.

"You won't lose me, Flame. I promise you that, brother. But you must understand that I must stay prepared if she ever needs me." I said. He nodded.

"Yeah, I get it. I just wish you could have fun every once in a while." He said. I chuckled a little. 

"I'm no fun, huh?" I asked. He looked at me. He smiled.

"Should I be considered right or wrong right now?" He asked. I growled in a playfully challenging way at him.

"Let's find out." I said. I head-butted him and he tumbled over. He laughed and barked while scrambling to his paws.

"Try and catch me!" He said.

"You're on!" I barked. I chased after him as we ran around like lunatics, dodging androids around us as we raced by. 

"Too slow fluff butt!" He teased.

"Oh really?" I yelled. I leaped forward and he yelped as my paws slammed into his back and I pinned him to the ground. 

"Alright! Alright! I surrender!" He said. I laughed and got off of him.

"Told you I could catch up." I said. He nodded.

"Yep." He agreed. We both sighed, sitting down and relaxing again. "You and I make a great team, don't we?" He asked. I smiled.

"Yeah. We do." I agreed. He thought about.

"We should go out." He said. I frowned.

"What?" I asked.

"We should go and search for android animals. Think about it, with Jaden stuck here nobody is gonna be helping them. We got a lucky break, so why can't we give that to others?" He asked.

"Flame, that's extremely risky. You know that." I said.

"Bandit, if we don't step up nobody will. Come on. You just said we make a great team! We can do this!" He insisted. I sighed. The more I thought about it the more my gut told me it was the right thing to do.

"Alright. I'm in." I said. He smiled and put his paw out in front of him.

"Brothers?" He asked. I smiled and put my paw on his.

"Brothers." I agreed.

"So, what should we do?" He asked.

"Tomorrow when they move out for the channel 16 broadcasting tower. When they finish it'll be everywhere. Nobody will be focused on a couple of mutts roaming the streets. It'll be all green lights." I said. He smiled.

"Let's do this." He said. I nodded.

"Let's do this."

Your POV

You kept thinking of Oreon. You felt so awful. If I had known. I could've been there. I could've stopped it. You felt so awful, yet so numb. The grief and feeling of betrayal were so much. I was just up the steps and yet...I was still so helpless. You sat on a crate in the ship by yourself. Androids were around, but not many even noticed you. You heard footsteps. You glanced over and spotted the girl that had been talking to Markus and the other two androids.

"Hey." She greeted.

"Hey." You replied.

"You had a rough time too, huh?" She asked.

"What do you mean?" You asked.

"I'm not proud of my past either. What happened to you?" She asked.

"I was attacked the night I realized I didn't have to listen. He stabbed me, nearly killing me, but the next morning my friend reactivated me. They all took me in. Then, I got close to someone I shouldn't have. He killed my friend and he's exposed us. Now you're all caught up." You said. She frowned.

"I'm sorry that happened to you." She said.

"Don't be. Wasn't your fault, right?" You replied. She held out her hand to you.

"I'm North." You smiled a little.

"(Y/n)." You replied. "So, fair is fair. What's your story?" You asked. She sighed.

"I was a sex android. One night I was with a man who rented me and I just realized I couldn't take it anymore." She said. You nodded.

"I know how you feel. I was also used for that." You said.

"You were?" She asked.

"Yep. I was marketed as a dream partner in all aspects. Raymond didn't seem to think so after a while." You said. She nodded. 

"It's nice to know a bit about you, (Y/n)." She said.

"You too, North." You agreed. "So, you and Markus a thing or what?" She looked shocked. You laughed a bit. "I thought I'd get a reaction from that one."

"We are NOT dating." North said. "I'll see you around." You chuckled as she hurried off.

"Not a thing, huh? We'll see." You chuckled to yourself. She better take him while she has the chance, 'cause I chose wrong. You sighed to yourself. You refused to think about Connor. It would only make things worse. You couldn't help thinking about how you had kissed him. Why was I so oblivious? I wish I could change the choices I made. I don't know what to do anymore. You sat there, wondering how different things could've been. What would've happened...if I hadn't been given a second chance? What would've happened if none of this had ever happened at all?

You thought about everything. The more you thought about it the more you understood. Nothing lasts forever. You sat there, alone. You sighed again. Maybe this was supposed to happen. Destiny isn't always easy though. I wish I had answers, but I'm the one asking questions. Is it wrong for me to miss it? Is it wrong for me to hate it? Am I wrong to want it? Is it right to hate that? I wish I knew.