Finn° Say It aint so

Summary: Y/N moves to Vancouver BC and lives next to Finn.W.

Y/N POV

Adjusting to a completely new town and school wasn't hard, just lonely.

Yeah I had one or two new friends but, I missed my old place/friends in Toronto...
Moving to Vancouver was such a surprise.

I'm thankful and glad my dad finally got his dream job, but fuck this shit man.

My eyes rolled as a red speeding car zoomed past me and down the street. Looked like reckless driving.
It scared the shit outta me.

In the distance I saw that it was a Ford Fiesta, wow.

Lame ride.

My eyes looked down at my phone, it was '4:32'. Shit, my flight's at 6pm and I still haven't finished packing.

Finn POV

My phone buzzed and I saw a text from Quincy,

To:Finn
From: Quincy
Just parked outside your house at the back, I have the skateboards. Is Nick home yet?"

I stood up and got out of bed. My bed head was insane.

I decided to stupidly reply to Quincy's text.

To:Quincy
From:Finn
Coolio's. I'll come down soon, gotta put on pants and shoes. Nick will be home in 20, he took mom to Choice's for groceries.

Quickly, I ran to my drawer and threw on some black jeans, then I slipped on my black and red checkered vans.

"Dad, I'll be out the back near the garage, Quincy's here by the way." I yelled as I ran downstairs, through the kitchen and out to my backyard.

I saw that trash needed to be thrown out so I grabbed the full trash bags and headed towards the back alley behind my house, where the recycling bins were.

"Aye." Quincy yelled out, my eyes trailed to his Ford Fiesta parked outside near my Recycling bins.

"Yo. Dude, legit someone's gonna beep at you if you don't move your ride. People need space." I mentioned as I carried the trash bags over to the recycling bins.

Quincy rolled his eyes and gave me a look, "I know. Look, I'll be back Finno. I'm going to park the Ford at the front of your house." Quincy explained before entering his car.

I shook my head, what a lame ride. Once Quincy drove off I saw a girl walking down the alley, towards me. I didn't have my glasses so I couldn't really see.

Her uniform caught my attention, she went to my school... Well my old school.

I then turned my head to look away, placing my hands into my jean pockets.

She walked by me and entered her backyard, her house was next to mine.oh. She was my new neighbour. I've seen her around a couple times.

Her family just moved into this neighbourhood last week.

Y/N POV

I made my way down the alley behind my house and saw a boy around my age just standing near his recycling bins.

He was the curly haired boy who lived next door, I sniffled and reached my back yard.

I heard a few 'meows' thinking it was my Cat 'Marie' but it was the grey cat who'd always come visit our backyard.

My grin was plastered onto my face as I picked up the cat.

Quickly, I made my way back to the alley and saw the boy standing there on his phone.

"Hey, uh excuse me. Is this your cat?" I asked, those brown eyes locked with mine as I made my way over to him with the cat.

He nodded in agreement,

"Yeah, her names Poppy. Ugh Sorry that she was in your backyard- Oh no it's fine, she keeps my cat Marie company, and me company. I'm Y/N Y/L/N by the way, your new neighbour." I explained interrupting him.

As I handed him his cat, he just kept his eye contact with mine and continued to smile, showing those dimples, it was sweet.

"I'm Finn Wolfhard. And it's nice meeting you Y/N, I-I've seen you skate boarding before. So, You like to skate?" Finn asked, I looked down and smiled.

My fingers fiddling with my uniform material, I was nervous. I watched as he placed poppy down.

"Yeah I do. How about you?" I asked back, Finn chuckled and agreed that he skates as well.

My head turned to face my house, then I faced Finn again.

Shit I needed to pack, and I didn't want to be late but, this boy was cute.

"How are you finding this neighbourhood?" Finn asked abruptly.

I inhaled a breath and then exhaled slowly,

"The Neighbourhood is fine. I'm trynna adjust to living here in Vancouver. I'm originally from Toronto, so we moved majorly far. Look Finn, I have to go pack and prepare things. I have a flight for Toronto because me and my band back home have a showing/audition for this record label we're signing too ." I explained smiling,

Finn raised his brows,

"A band? I have one as well, we're Calpurnia." Finn mumbled smiling,
I grinned back interested about his band.

Finn POV

Her smile made me blush and looked away abruptly,

"Calpurnia? Like the Character from 'How to kill a mockingbird?" Y/N asked with raised brows and a tilted head, I smiled stupidly and nodded a yes.

"We're called 'Rein'. Anyway, we'll talk soon Finn. I'll tell you how things go with the record deal. Hopefully Royal Mountain Records signs with us." Y/N explained happily as she walked off.

I couldn't stop smiling, until I processed the last part of her sentence.

"Royal Mountain Records."

Calpurnia was signed with them as well. I raised my brows and clenched my jaw.

If they get signed to RMR then, I'll be seeing Y/N and her band at the Royal Mountain Records Festival.

Woah

-ya like?