Mike° What harm can this do? |4|

Summary: Read Previous Parts (Mike gives Y/N an apology card)

Mike POV

The boys and I were helping Lucas find stones for his sling shot during our break.

"So what now? Y/N doesn't want your lousy card." Will mentioned.

I threw a crappy stone away and couldn't think of any new ideas.

"Why do you want Y/N to be your friend so badly anyway? You've apologised already and that's great. So why do you want her all of a sudden?" Lucas asked,

I looked down at my puma shoes. I didn't want to tell them the real reason.

The real reason was, was because I was going to use Y/N to try get Eleven back.

"Because, I think she's... she's, special." I lied.
Dustin and the other two just gave me a look,

"Ooo- Shut up." I replied quickly cutting their 'ooo's off.

"Mike, you like girls with powers huh? You freaky." Dustin mumbled while handing Lucas a bunch of stones.

Will laughed and I just stood there with a serious face.

"That isn't funny." I replied.
Lucas rolled his eyes and forced me to continue looking for rocks.

I sighed and continued to think of ideas to make Y/N want to be my friend. Maybe today, after school I could walk her home or give her a ride on my bike.

But then again, El was the only girl who could ride my bike, I didn't want any other girl...

"I'll be back. I'm going to look for Y/N and talk to her." I explained while handing Lucas some rocks. The boys all agreed and yelled,

"See you in last period."

Y/N POV

My eyes examined as I plucked off the petals from a flower, the sun rays were shining hard as I sat on my school field.

It felt like a presence was next to me, my head turned to realise that Mike Wheeler was standing there... ugh

I wanted to move.

"Can I join you?" Mike asked, I looked up at the tall dark haired boy, the way his chocolate brown eyes stared at me made me say 'yes'.

Once he sat down, we both stayed quiet. I stopped playing with the flowers on the field.

"You really thought my apology letter was shit?" Mike whispered from next to me, I smirked lightly and turned around to face him.

My head nodded,

"Yeah, It didn't sound genuine at all." I spoke while giving him a look. Mike blinked and looked down, suddenly he stared up at me.

"I just want to make it up to you Y/N, I acted like a complete jerk. Also, I only said I hated you because..." Mike stopped talking.

He stayed silent, Mike looked like he couldn't spit out what he wanted to say.

"There was this girl... Her name was Eleven and she could do what you could do. She came from Hawkins Lab." Mike whispered,

Oh, so that was the other girl in town who had abilities, the girl they were whispering about in detention. She was from a Lab as well?

I bit my lip.

"What happened to her?" I asked.
Mike had teary eyes and I raised my brows, confused on how to comfort the crying boy.

My hand reached to comfort him.

"I lost her, so when you flickered the lights, I thought it was Eleven, coming back too me. That's why I was angry and a major jerk when I found out it was you. " Mike whispered.
My lips smacked together and I gulped.

He thought it was El. I felt bad.

"You loved her didn't you?" I whispered while fiddling with my shirts material.

I could just tell he really liked her. It was a vibe he gave off that was so obvious too me.

Mike agreed and looked down at his fingers.

I didn't know how Mike lost Eleven, but I knew the feeling of losing someone I loved. Painful.

His genuine pain portrayed and shown through. The next thing I did was something I wouldn't usually do, especially with Mike Wheeler.

Scooting closer and next too him, my head slowly leaned onto his shoulder.

"I'm sorry that happened to you." I whispered.
Mike sniffled, I felt as his head leaned onto mine.

Mike POV

Y/N leaned her head onto my shoulder...

I felt bad. My plan was to use her, and now shes gonna think this friendship is really real.

Clenching my jaw, my head leaned onto hers. We both sat there in silence, only our sniffles and breathing was present of sound.

"I promise it'll get better." Y/N mentioned out of nowhere.

My heart stopped. Y/N mentioned 'I promise'.

-this was short, sorry been studying :,)