Mike° Its my decision |2|

Summary: Read Previous parts

-Mike tells Y/N about staying in Hawkins instead of leaving with her to NYC

Mike POV

Y/N and I didn't talk as much as I wanted to. After seeing Will, she dropped me home... The car ride was silent.

Walking into the house I spotted Nancy and Jonathan in the living room talking to Mom and Dad.
Nancy and Jonathan were visiting from out of town. They lived on their own in greendale, never been but I heard it was a weird town.

"Michaels home, how was your day out?" Mom asked as I walked by.
All their eyes staring at me

I shrugged my shoulders and rolled my eyes a little.

"Fine. I'm really tired, so I'm going to bed early- Mike, I was telling Nancy and Jonathan about how you got accepted into NYU with Y/N." Mom explained with a grin.

I nodded a no and looked down.

"Mom, I've told you this morning. I've decided to attend Hawkins University instead of going to NYU with Y/N." I spoke back.

Dad stood up and nodded a no,
"Michael we discussed this. Hawkins University is no good for you. You will have better opportunities in NY." Dad yelled back, I scoffed and just walked off.

Making my way upstairs I reached my room and stared at the pictures of me and Y/N.

I couldn't leave Hawkins. Leaving everyone here scared me.
Apart of me wanted Y/N to stay, the other part of me supported her decision.

The acceptance letter from New York University was placed on my desk, right next to the acceptance letter from Hawkins University.

Glaring at both of them, I knew that staying here in Hawkins would be the best for my parents, but they wanted what was best for me... So, do I attend my dream college?

Grabbing both of the letters, I decided to fold them up and switch them around.

If I keep switching them, and finally choose one, then that's where I'm attending college.
I couldn't tell between the papers, so my final pick was all on chance.

Placing the final decision in my hand, I held tightly onto it, ready to unfold it.

"Mike? Y/N's here. She's downstairs and wanted to see you." Nancy whispered as she entered my room.

I bit my lip and turned around to see my sister.

Nancy smirked and examined my room, she began looking at the pictures of me and Y/N that were plastered on my wall.

"Haven't been here for a while... Mike, you choose what feels right for you. College here, or there, it's your choice. In the end, we will all be proud of you." Nancy explained.

I thanked her, I held onto the piece of paper, we decided to head downstairs.

At the bottom of the stairs I saw Y/N standing near the front door.

"Hey." She whispered, I gulped and replied with a 'hey' back.

"Can we talk outside?" Y/N whispered, so I agreed.

Walking out to the front, I kept eye contact with her.

"I'm totally fine with your decision Mike. And I wanted to mention that you were the best boyfriend I could ask for, you made me happy and I thank you- Y/N? Are you breaking up with me?" I asked interrupting her words.

Y/N looked down, then up at me. Her head nodded.

My mouth was slightly open, kinda lost.

"I'm leaving Hawkins in a few days Mike. It had to happen, so why not now." Y/N whispered quietly.

She was right.

"You made me the happiest girl Mike. Three grateful years with you, the most important years of my life." Y/N mumbled with a soft smile.

"They were, and those years are still important to me." I spoke referring to the three years of being with her.

Y/N placed her hands into her pockets.

"I better go... So, I'll see you soon. When I say goodbye to the others." Y/N mumbled, I agreed and felt the tears escape.

Her warm embrace melted me. Watching Y/N walk off was painful, and she wasn't even leaving Hawkins yet.

I let out a small cry once she drove off, my crying became intense.

I remembered that I had the folded letter in my hands, I decided to unfold it.

It was the New York University acceptance letter.

-This was written quickly.
-sorry for not posting as much.