Chapter 9: House Party

Cameron's POV

Taylor had invited us all to one of his epic rage-rs. At first I was not sure if I wanted to attend, I still had not spoken to Matt although he had tried to talk to me on many occasions. I figured I'd speak to him when I am I ready.

Taylor was supposed to pick me up in 10 minutes. I had packed my overnight bag filled with the essentials. The only reason I am not going over there myself is because there probably would be alcohol and I do plan on drinking tonight.

I felt my phone buzz and I pulled it out to see Taylor's face plastered on the screen. I didn't bother picking up because I could see his car outside my house. I waved to him from my window and he gave me a brief smile. I ran out of my room and just before I could exit the house my mom stopped me. "Where do you think you are going?" she said, she didn't look too well. She had on her gown and her eyes looked bloodshot red.

"To Taylor's." I said simply while brushing past her and opening the front door. "Wont be back till tomorrow morning." I said as I walked over to Taylor's car. She shrugged and looked me and closed the front door.

I could hear the faint clicks of Taylor unlocking his car. I opened the door and got in the passenger seat. "Whats up man." I said. Taylor was doing his hair in the mirror, he then pulled out his phone and took a selfie.

"DUDE TONIGHT IS GOING TO BE AWESOME." He suddenly screamed while starting the car.

I was taken back by his sudden outburst.

"Yeah dude." I said while pulling out my phone and scrolling through Instagram.

I saw a photo that Nash had just recently posted, it was a selifie with himself and Lia. I sighed and rolled my eyes while I put my phone away. Taylor had noticed.

"Dude what has been up with you lately?" he asked while not taking his eyes off the road.

"What do you mean?" I asked, playing dumb. I did not want to talk about it.

"Dude don't play stupid with me. You did not come to my party last week, you haven't been tweeting or answering any of our texts dude. I was surprised you even agreed to come tonight." he stated.

"I just haven't been feeling well man. Although, I feel slightly better now" I said, shrugging him off. Taylor hesitated then nodded.

"Alright man, I am glad you're feeling a bit better. Man. My parties are the best. After tonight, you'll feel ten times better." he said. I was going to say something but he kept talking.

"Dude I mean my parties are legendary." he said while boasting, arrogance apparent in his voice. It didn't annoy me, that's just how Taylor is. I nodded.

"Dude we'll find you a hot chick." he said while smirking. I sighed. 'I'll pass on that one." I said while looking at him oddly. "Dude, you're like 20. You need a girlfriend." he said. If only you knew man, if only you knew.

We arrived at Taylor's house and it already looked like the party had started. "Fuckers, starting the party without me." he said angrily while getting out of the car and slamming the door. I sat there for a while contemplating whether or whether not i should go in. I should just suck it up and go.

I entered the raging house. It was huge and I mean huge. Taylor's parents must be billionaires or something. The house was dark though. Party lights flashing green, red, yellow, purple and orange everywhere. Half of the people I could not recognize.

"Hey!" I heard someone shout loudly. I looked up and it was Matt. He was standing on the top of the staircase, a bright red cup in his hand. He motioned for me to come up. I shrugged and went up the stairs, passing a couple making out. I cringed.

"HEY MAN!" Matt shouted over the loud music.

"EVERYONE'S UP HERE." He said pointing up.

"WHAT?" I asked, clearly confused.

He shook his head and grabbed my hand. He lead me down a long hallway and to a small room. It was empty. He reached up and pulled a rope that was hanging from the ceiling. A staircase came out. Oh. They're in the attic.

We climbed up the staircase and once we got up, Matt pulled it up again. The attic was pretty cool to be honest. It had a triangular shape, different couches on each side, a bar and a bed in the middle. I was surprised as to who was here. I saw JC sitting with Connor, they looked deep in conversation.

Matt went over to Carter, not that it wasn't expected. Shawn was sitting in the corner with his guitar, playing something beautiful to a girl I had not seen before.

Taylor was behind the bar, sitting on a stool pouring some girls a drink. Jack and Jack were chilling on a couch. And finally, Lia and Nash were at the back, making out. Of course.

"Cam! Dude." Matt exclaimed while running up to me. "Hi again." I said.

"Dude why have you not answered any of my texts or calls? Dude what is going on? I thought you died or something." He said while lightly chuckling.

I contemplated on whether or whether not I should bring up the Nash and Lia situation. I decided not to, I just wanted my friend back and I was not prepared to fight.

"I just wasn't feeling well man." I said while looking over to Nash and Lia. Matt saw where I was looking and gave me a sympathetic look and hugged me again. "It's okay man." he whispered in my ear, He was suddenly grabbed away form me. I looked up to see Carter with his hands around Matt.

"Cam, dude you're alive." he said while resting his head on Matt's neck. "It was only like 5 days. I wasnt even gone for that long. Just wasn't feeling well. Decided to rest it out at home." I said while shrugging. Carter nodded.

Honestly, I loved Matt's and Carter's relationship. They weren't dating, but they were not best friends either. They acted like a couple but they weren't one. I never asked Matt about it, he'd just smile whenever I brought up Carter.

I felt someone tap on my shoulder. I turned around and it was Nash. "Cam..." he said with sadness in his eyes. "What?" I asked, making the annoyance apparent in my voice. He sighed and looked behind him at Lia, who was now talking to Jenn. "Wanna get out of here for a while?" He asked. I hesitated. I did not want to go with him. I should not go with him. It's a bad idea. "Yeah." I said softly.

Fuck.

He smiled at me and took my hand discretely. "Come on." he said while pushing open the staircase down. He climbed down first and then helped me down. He then closed it up again. My face was on fire. Every now and then he'd look back at me and give me this smirk. The butterflies in my stomach were turning into wild animals at this point.

There were a lot of people in the hallway. Nash grabbed my hand and lead me to a room. He pulled out a key and unlocked a door.

"How'd you get a key?" I asked.

Usually Taylor locks all the bedroom doors when he throws a party. I guess he does not want strangers doing the fickle frack in one of his rooms. Understandable.

"Taylor gave me a key... you know for Lia and I." he said while looking at me right in the eyes.

My heart dropped a bit at the whole 'Lia and I' statement.

"But I didn't want it for her, I wanted it for you."