Chapter 69: Not Again

*TWO DAYS LATER*
Hayes' POV

"How long do you think he'll be like this?" My father asked while sitting down on the couch. My mom sat next to him. Nash had been unresponsive for the past two days. He hasn't eaten or drank any water and we were getting increasingly worried about him and his wellbeing.

"I don't know. It's just. It's worse than last time." I said slowly. "How so?" My father asked.

"At least last time he was somewhat responsive. You know, he'd eat at least. Now Nash is completely gone. "I said softly.

"Hayes. I know you know what triggered this. I need you to tell me." He said sternly. "It may help us figure out a way to fix him."

I shook my head. I wasn't sure if I should bring up Cameron or not.
"Hayes. I will not ask again." My father said with a glare.

"Cameron." I said in a soft whisper.

My father was quiet. "Cameron's leaving. To London, permanently. " I continued.

My father shifted. My mother's expression was unreadable.

"He needs to see Cameron before he leaves. Or Cameron needs to come see him I guess. Maybe if Cameron comes and tries to talk to him it may help-"

"No Hayes."

"Dad! You don't understand the severity of the situation. This could be the only thing that could help Nash. " I said feeling myself getting increasingly angry. How could he be so heartless? This was his son. This was my brother.

"No." My dad repeated.

"Do you want him to be stuck like this for months? Because that is what is going to happen. We could lose him, just like we lost Will..." I said softly.

Will was my eldest brother. He had the same condition as Nash and we lost him... It all began like it did with Nash. His eyes went grey. He stopped talking. He stopped eating. He stopped sleeping. And then one day he found his way into my dad's hunting supplies where he keeps his gun and...

I felt myself tearing up. I had pushed the memory so far back in my mind that just thinking about it felt like I was ripping open an old wound. I missed him so much.

My dad immediately stood up. "Do not say his name."

"Why not? He's my brother. And it's because of your poor judgment and carelessness for your children that he is even gone in the first place!" I yelled. I stood up and started walking towards the stairs.

"An hour." My dad said quietly. I quickly turned around and faced him.

"What?" I asked.

"Cameron. He gets an hour. And that's it."

//

I quickly dialed Cameron's number.

My heart was going a mile a minute. He had to pick up. This was the only way that Nash could be brought out of whatever he was in. This was the only way and I know it. Other than waiting for him to try and hurt himself.

"Hayes?" the soft voice said.

"Cameron you need to come over." I said with a deep breath.

"Hayes look. I'm leaving tomorrow and I don't have time to deal with Nash and-"

"You need to come over. Now."

"I cant Hayes. I'm sorry."

"No Cameron. You don't understand what is going on here. You don't know okay. This is serious and I need you to come over." I said. I felt myself tearing up.

"Why?" Cameron asked.

"Nash is... Nash is not okay."

I heard Cameron sigh. "He'll get over it."

I let out a laugh. "Whatever you said to him... It didn't go down well. Infact it went down incredibly horrible. Okay. This is not something he'll get over. At least not for a while." I said.

"God I don't understand. Nash was never there for me! Why should I come to his rescue. He is just being pathetic because I ended things permanently. Nash is toxic for me. I need to think about myself here Hayes. I'm sorry."

"Then do it for me. You did walk out on my birthday after all. Please Cameron. I'm not asking for a lot of time here. I just need you to come here." I said in a soft whimper.

Cameron sighed. "Look. I'll see okay." He said. He then hung up.

Stupid Cameron. He has no idea what is going on. No idea.

"What did he say?" My dad asked. I turned around to see my dad standing at the door of my room.

"I don't think he'll come." I said softly. My dad sighed and sat on the foot of my bed.

"I love you and your brother okay. And I'm sorry..."

"No dad you don't get to be sorry. You do realize this entire thing is your fault right? If Nash wasn't so petrified, so afraid that that you'll hurt him or Cameron, then none of us would be in this situation!" I yelled. Normally I would never question or yell at my dad. I had no idea what came over me.

My dad was quiet.

"Do you want him to be miserable..." I asked with a shaky voice.

"I thought he was happy with Lia." My dad said with an emotionless voice.

I let out a bitter laugh. "He was miserable! He hated it! He stayed with her out of fear. Fear of you!" I yelled.

There was a long silence.

"Cameron's a good guy okay. And if Nash wants to... be that way. Then fine." My dad said simply.

My eyes widened. "I don't understand the sudden change of heart here. How can you go from threatening his life to being all supportive parent. It's bullshit!" I said with a raised eyebrow.

My dad's eyes started to water. I had never seen him show any emotion before. Let alone him crying. I honestly didn't know what to do.

"I don't want to lose another son."

//

QOTD: do you ship people in real life (like your friends)
-I do and they think it's weird