Chapter 98: It's A Bad Religion

3rd Person POV

Taylor Caniff and Shawn Caniff stood on their balcony, over looking California. Things were peaceful, things were good.

Their marriage was good, although they had surpassed the honeymoon phase of every relationship. They did fight often but it was always resolved, always.

As far as they were concerned, life was good.

Taylor on the other hand, was starting to feel guilty. He had not seen Matthew since the wedding and that was the last time they had spoken of their brief love affair. Taylor couldn't help but feel incredibly guilty, especially after hearing of Matthew and Carter's break up. It was pretty public, almost the entire world knew about it.

Carter had been caught with Maggie, once again. It was broadcast-ed all over social media and left behind a very broken Matthew.

Matthew had tried to contact Taylor many times but Taylor would ignore him. Taylor loved Shawn, Taylor was married to Shawn and Taylor lived with Shawn. But his mind would sometimes wonder to Matthew. Wonder where he was, what he was doing and if he was seeing anyone new.

The thought of Matthew seeing anyone else was distressing for Taylor. Taylor didn't want Matthew seeing anyone else. He also knew how selfish that was of himself. What did he expect Matthew to just be alone forever? Of course not. He just couldn't shake the feeling off of how uncomfortable it made him feel to see Matthew with someone else.

Taylor would constantly keep an eye on Matthews social media, as creepy as that sounds. The tweets and the quotes that Matthew would post, Taylor knew it was all aimed at him. He kind of liked it, as sick and twisted as that sounds.

"Babe?" Shawn said as he walked closer to Taylor and nudged him.

"Yeah?" Taylor asked while continuing to look out at the horizon.

"You're phone has been ringing." Shawn pointed out.

Taylor quickly snapped out of his trance and pulled out his phone. He looked down to see the contact name.

'Cameron-lil' bitch'

Taylor quickly answered the phone and held it to his ear.

"Cam?" he asked while listening inattentively.

He heard heavy breaths on the other line.

"Cameron, are you okay?" Taylor asked with concern. Shawn raised an eyebrow and moved closer to Taylor.

"No." Cameron said in a hush whisper.

"What happened?" Taylor asked with concern.

"N-N-A-A-SH." Cameron cried out on the other line.

"Cameron what happened?" Taylor asked again, now even more concerned.

"Nash... Nash is dead."

Taylor dropped the phone and the sound of the screen smashing into a million pieces was heard.

Taylor immediately fell to the floor and started sobbing. Shawn quickly rushed over to Taylor and pulled him in for an embrace.

"Taylor what did he say?" Shawn asked as he squeezed Taylor.

"Nash is dead." Taylor whispered.

Shawn got up and started walking backwards. "You're lying." he said while shaking his head.

Taylor got up and stomped his foot. "The fuck would I lie about something like that Shawn!" he yelled.

"HE CANNOT BE DEAD!" Shawn yelled.

"We need to go." Taylor said while picking up whatever was left of his iPhone.

"Where?" Shawn protested. He still had not fully taken in what had just happened.

"London. We need to go to London. And we need to go now." Taylor said while walking back into the house.

"We cannot just pick up and leave Taylor!" Shawn screamed as he followed him.

"Nash is fucking dead! We need to go and be there for Cameron! He is in a state! What if he does something stupid Shawn! Fucking hell! Go pack now! I need to call Hayes!" Taylor yelled while he ran downstairs.

Shawn let out a shaky breath as he quickly ran to his bedroom and began packing for himself and Taylor.

Taylor paced downstairs while pulling up the home phone as his cellphone was completely broken.

He quickly dialed Hayes' number and waited.

"Fuck Hayes pick up!" Taylor uttered as he wiped the tears form his face.

"Taylor?" Hayes said in an odd tone. Taylor couldn't tell if he knew or not yet.

"Hayes." Taylor let out.

"You okay?" he asked.

"Fuck." Taylor muttered out. He didn't know.

"Meet me at the airport in twenty minutes. Have your passport ready." Taylor said while trying to regulate his breathing.

"What why?" Hayes asked with a confused tone.

"JUST FUCKING MEET ME AT THE AIRPORT HAYES! DON'T FUCKING ASK! BRING YOUR FATHER WITH YOU!" Taylor yelled into the phone before slamming it back down.

Taylor rubbed his forehead as he ran back upstairs to find Shawn almost done with the packing.

"I'm calling a cab." Taylor muttered while pacing again.

"You need to calm down Taylor." Shawn said while zipping up their bags.

"Nash is fucking dead how do you expect me to calm down. You didn't hear what Cameron sounded like. He sounded off. And I am NOT loosing another friend today, do you understand me?" Taylor yelled while grabbing the bags and rushing back down stairs.

Shawn wiped the tears from his face and followed Taylor.

Taylor quickly locked their house and walked outside, setting down the bags.

Shawn quickly engulfed Taylor into a large hug.

"Hey, listen to me. It'll be okay." Shawn muttered into Taylor's ear.

Taylor pulled away and shook his head.

"That's the thing Shawn, no it wont."