Chapter 28: Friendship Is Key

Cameron's POV

I sat in my hospital bed staring at the ceiling. Clayton had just left. He explained to me how he found me. I was very grateful that he found me. He was so nice to me. He helped me eat and he laid next to me and we just talked. It was really nice. It really helped me forget about Nash.

My heart started to hurt. Just thinking of Nash hurt more than the injuries he had given me. After Matt ran out yesterday, I assumed he went to go attack Nash or something. I smiled. Matt was amazing. I could tell he really cared about me.

Suddenly the nurse came in. "Hi." I said softly. She looked at me and smiled. She was about in her early twenties. She has long brunette hair and a very pretty face. Her hair was pulled into a hight pony. "How you feeling this morning Cameron?" she asked while picking put a clip board. "I feel spectacular." I said sarcastically. "Please Cameron." she asked really nicely. I sighed. "I can kind of move my feet a bit, but my legs wont budge." I said. It was weird. It didn't feel like my legs were there at all. The only thing that reminded me that they were there was the thought of them, I dont know it was a weird feeling.

The nurse wrote something down on her clipboard. "Alright then, I'll go get you breakfast. Oh, and you have a visitor." she said while smiling.

It was probably Matt. I had so much to ask him. The nurse walked out and in walked Nash. My heart stopped beating for a millisecond then started beating really fast. I could hear the heart monitors 'beeps' increase. I took a deep breath. I wanted to move further away from him, but I couldn't. "What are you doing here?" I asked, my voice shaking.

Nash sat down on the chair next to my bed. He looked me up at down. Checking out my broken arm and bruised eyes. "Cameron... I'm here to say two things." he said. "I'm so sorry..." he said, I could his voice was unstable. I could also see that he looked like he was going to cry. "And... I'm breaking things off with you Cam." he said softly. I laughed a bitter laugh. "You certainly made that fucking clear." I said getting angrier and angrier. "Do you think I am so fucking stupid that I couldn't already figure that out for myself? Or did you just come here to break my heart twice." I said, I could feel the tears rolling down my cheeks. "Cameron..." he said softly. He tried to take my hand. I pulled it away. "Leave Nash." I said. He didn't budge. "Please... if you really meant what you said about being sorry, then leave." I said in a whisper. Nash looked at me. I could see a tear escape his eye. He nodded and got up, but before he left he said, "I love you Cameron." and then he walked out.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"I love you Cameron. I love you Cameron. I love you Cameron." That sentence had been repeating itself throughout my head for the entire day. I didn't know how to feel about it.

I wanted him, he is all I wanted. But I was scared of him now.

"Cameronnnn!" I heard voices saying as numerous people entered my hospital room. I looked up to see who it was. Jack, Jack, Shawn, Taylor, Matthew and Carter.

They all circled my bed. They had gifts and balloons in their hands. They didn't say anything for a few seonds. I assumed they were taking in my horrendous appearance.

Jack Johnson began talking. "Cameron... we just wanted you to know that we love you... And we're glad you're okay." he said. He came over to me and pulled me into a hug. One by one each boy hugged me.

I noticed that Matt and Carter were holding hands. I rised my eyebrow and Matt noticed this. He looked down and smiled. I could see the blush on his face. Carter noticed too and also started blushing.

I was really happy for Matt. And by the looks of it, he was really happy too.

Taylor spoke, "Who did this Cameron?", he looked pissed. I looked over to Matt as if asking whether I should tell the guys the truth. "We don't know, some guy who tried to rob Cam." Matthew lied. "Whoever it is I'll hunt them down and fucking kill them." Taylor said. I smiled at Taylor. Taylor may come off as arrogant and cocky, but when it comes to friendship, he cares about us more than you'd think.

I mouthed a 'thank you' to Matt. I didn't want the guys hating Nash. As stupid as that sounds. I still love him.

The guys started having a conversation about how they miss Magcon and us all being together. Then something caught my eye. Taylor would constantly glance over to Shawn. And Shawn would look back and smile. Matthew also noticed but he looked a bit confused.

"Hey guys where is Nash? Shouldn't he be here? I'm going to call him." Jack Gilinsky said. Matt's eyes went wide. "Uh-- He already stopped by this morning." I quickly said. Matt looked angry and I could see him squish Carters hand a bit too hard. Carter yelped out in pain. Matthew brough his hand up to his mouth and kissed it softly while mumbling a soft "Sorry babe."

"Oh, he should've come with us." Gilinsky said. I shrugged. "He said he had stuff to do today, I guess that's why he came this morning." I lied. Gilinsky nodded.

Matt gave me a sympathetic smile and so did Carter. I wasn't very fond of Carter to be honest. What he did to Matt and what not. But I shouldn't judge Matt for forgiving him, which I assume he did seen as they are together. I forgave Nash for way worst thing, way too many times.

Then Carter came over to me. "Hey." he said while sitting down. "You shouldve seen how Matt shat out Nash, it was quite funny actually. Nash didn't expect it. Matt gave him a black eye on his black eye." Carter said softly so the other guys didnt hear. This didn't really make me feel better. Although I was gratefull for Matt, I just wasnt happy at the thought of Nash being hurt.

"I'm really sorry for what he did." Carter added. "In the last few weeks we hung out a lot... He spoke about you a lot if that means anything to you." he said. I didn't say anything. Carter smiled weakly at me and then got up. He walked over to Matt and pecked his lips. "I'll be right back, I need to go to the bathroom." he said. Matt nodded and then walked over to me. He sat down in the same place that Carter was just siting in.

"Did he really come here this morning." Matt asked. I could tell he was angry. "Yeah..." I said slowly. "What did he say to you?" he asked while looking at me with concern. "He told me he was sorry...He didn't really sound that sincere though." I said. "Anything else?" Matt asked. I wondered if I should tell him the rest. It would not go down with well with Matt, especially after hearing how he flipped out.

"Carter told me what you did to Nash." I said. Matt shifted. "You're mad at me aren't you?" he said softly. "No, Matt I'm not mad. I just can't believe you'd do something like that for me." I said. Matt took my hand. "You're my bestfriend. I'd do anything for you okay." he said. "I love you Matt." I said.

"Love you too Cam."

And that was the first time I heard that sentence from anyone and actually believed it.