Chapter 15: Scrabble

Cameron's POV 

"So, are you going to tell me exactly what happened?" I asked Matt as I took a seat down next to him. Mat shrugged and sat up. He sighed.

"You know, I won't tell your parents or whatever. I just want to know, I am worried about you. I want to try and understand how you got to this point." I said. Matt paused.

"They want to keep me here for a while." he said while sighing.

"My physical health is perfectly alright. My mom wont leave me alone." he said while shrugging.

"Can you blame them though? We almost lost you..." I said while inching my chair closer to his bed.

"Matt..." I said slowly. He looked down.

"It all started when I left your house the morning after the party."

-Flashback {Matthew's POV}-

I was walking down a road. I had just left Cam's house. Carter was probably never going to speak to me again. My heart hurt at that thought. I only wanted him.

I had been walking for a while and I found myself at Carter's house. It's not like I did it consciously. Dammit. Maybe I should try to talk to him. Clear things up. I need to know if he hates me or not. I don't want to go through the stupid uncomfortable silence thing.

I walked up to his front door and knocked. After a few moments the door swung open. His mom stood there. "Oh Matt. So nice to see you. You come to see Cartah?" she said. I giggled lightly. His mom was really nice. I nodded. She opened the door wider, letting me in. "He's upstairs." I nodded and thanked her.

I slowly walked up the stairs. I could hear faint noises from his room, but I could not make them out.

I approached his door. I took a deep breath in and knocked. "Carter..." I said softly. I could hear the patter of feet walking. The door swung open and Carter stood there, his face unreadable.

"What are you doing here Matthew?" he asked. I winced at him calling me by my full name, he never calls me by my full name. I took a deep breath, my breath hitching.

"Can we talk... about last night?" I asked. He didn't say anything, only motioned for me to come inside. I sat down on his bed.

"I'm seeing someone." he said simply. I gulped. "Who?" I asked softly. "Her name is Maddie. We started dating 2 days ago." he said while shrugging.

"Oh." I said simply.

"Why did you kiss me?" he asked.

"Why do you think?" I said getting slightly angrier.

"Are you a fag or something?" he asked harshly.

"No, Carter I am not. And honestly I did not take you for the homophobic type in the first place." I said back.

"We can't be friends anymore Matt." he said softly.

"Seriously? Seriously Carter are you really doing this?" I asked.

"Just please leave." he asked.

I huffed and got up.

No, I ran out.

-End Of Flashback-

{Cameron's POV}

"Is that really why you did it?" I asked. I did not really know how to take all of this.