Chapter 72: Forget

*SIX MONTHS LATER*
Nash's POV

I walked down the grungy alleyway. It was dark, the only things illuminating it were the orange street lamps. I hate being in this side of town. But this was the only place I could get it. And I needed it. I needed it so I could forget him. Even if it were just for a few hours. So I can feel something other than pain for once.

The alleyway smelt of wet trash. I didn't mind though. It was so nice to finally be free.

The place I was in, the place they put me in was hell. I couldn't stand being there. I couldn't. I resented my family for sending me there. They kept saying that it was for my own good. Bullshit. They just didn't want a son who did what I did. It wasn't good for the family name.

My footsteps made hollow echo's as I walked. I wondered where he was. He always had what I wanted. He had the best stuff. Well, the best out of all the stuff I had tried. The stuff that made me forget.

Shivers spread throughout my body as a breeze hit me. I scolded myself for not bringing a jacket. It was cold. It was very cold. Or maybe that was just my body going through withdrawal symptoms. If so, I needed the stuff now. I know that I had a problem. But I didn't think it was as serious as everyone else did.

I saw a silhouette of a person, leaning against the brick wall of the alleyway.

It was him.

I quickly walked over to him. He was wearing a hoody so I couldn't see his face.

"Hi." I softly said.

"You back again Grier?" he said in a raspy voice.

I sighed. "I guess I am. You got the stuff?" I asked desperately. For the past months, I could only think about one person. And there was nothing I could do to make myself forget. I needed to forget.

He let out a soft chuckle. "I always have the stuff." He said while digging in his back pocket and pulling out a small bag. I checked the contents to make sure if it's the amount I want.

I took the bag and nodded.

"Are you forgetting something Grier?" He asked a bit too loudly.

"Oh um." I said quickly while pulling out the cash from my back pocket. I quickly counted it to make sure it was the right amount. I handed it to him.

He took it and counted it again. "It's the right amount." I said while rolling my eyes. He shrugged. "You gotta check you know. Can never trust you people." He said while shrugging. I wondered what he meant when he said 'you people'.

I turned around to walk away. "Hey Grier. I have a question." He said. I turned around and faced him.

"What happened to you?" he asked.

I shrugged. "What do you mean?" I asked, trying to act oblivious. I knew that I had not showed up here in a while.

He sighed and pulled out a box of cigarettes. He pulled one out and lit it up. He took a drag. He offered me one. I nodded and pulled one out of the box. He then handed me the lighter and I lit it up. I felt a sense of relief as the smoke burned my lungs.

"Well, normally when folks like you stop buying, it either means two things. You found a new dealer or you were sent to rehab. So which one is it Grier?" he asked in a smooth voice.

"The second one." I said firmly. I hated to admit it, but I knew that if I told him I had another dealer, he wouldn't be very happy.

"Well I'm glad that you're not dead. You're a vital source of income for me you know. Business was low without you." He said.

I didn't say anything.

He let out a laugh. "If that's the case then why are you here again?" he continued.

I shrugged. "I needed to forget." I said simply. It was true. It was the only way I could forget about him. The only way.

He nodded. "That's usually the reason. But may I ask. Forget what?"

I laughed. "You sure do ask a lot of questions." I wasn't fond of the chit chat. I just wanted to get home and forget.

"I like to know what my customer's reasons are. If it's stupid, I don't sell to them. I do have a conscious you know. Sometimes I need to remind myself that I am ruining peoples lives." He said while taking another drag. I raised an eyebrow. Who knew he had feelings.

I shrugged. "I just miss someone." I said simply.

"Then why not tell them that?" he asked.

"That person doesn't miss me. In fact, he hates me."

"He?" he asked slowly.

"Yeah, he." I said.

He nodded. "Ah I see. I'm sorry." He said.

"It's just one of those things I guess." I said with a shrug.

"Well, I gotta go. Got another customer around the corner. See you same time next week Grier?" he asked.

I nodded and took one last drag. I threw it on the floor and crushed it beneath my shoe.

"Same time next week."