Chapter 51: Light My Fire

Cameron's POV

I looked up in horror as Carter stood above me. "Carter what the fuck?" I shouted. I quickly got to my feet.

I'll never forget the look on Carter's face. Pure rage. I had never seen him so upset in my entire life. And quite frankly, it terrified me.

"You slept with Matthew." he said simply. Oh god here we go. I thought Matt took care of this.

"It was a mistake Carter." I said simply. "NO." Carter shouted. His eyes were watery. "Having sex with someone is a conscious decision Cameron." he said while shaking his head and pointing at me.

"And so? What are you going to do Carter? Beat me up? Will it make you feel better?!? I shouted. I spread my arms out. "Go ahead." I was three hundred percent done.

There was a long silence.

Carter didn't do anything, he just burst out into tears. "Why would he cheat on me Cameron. I thought he loved me. I thought I was good enough." he said in muffled sobs. Well, this was unexpected.

I pulled him into a hug and took him over to the couch. He cried harder in my chest. "He loves you Carter. It was a mistake okay. We both regretted it immediately." I said.

Carter continued to cry. I suddenly felt really bad for him. I could tell that it hurt Carter. A lot.

I felt a sharp pain on my face. I touched my face and it hurt even more. I guess Carter was pretty angry. I wasn't mad at him though. I would be pretty upset myself if the same thing happened to me.

"He loves you okay. I'm three hundred percent sure he is just as upset okay." I reassured him. Carter looked up. "I need him Cameron. I love him so much." he said softly. "I'm so sorry Carter..." I said while stroking his back. "You need to go talk to him. Properly. Explain to him how you feel." I said. "I know..." Carter said in a whisper.

"Did you tell Nash?" Carter suddenly asked. I sighed. "Yeah." I said softly. "Did he take it well?" he asked. "He forgave me." I said, relinquishing in the memory.

Carter smiled sheepishly. "So you're together now?" Carter asked with a smile. I shook my head. "We were but then he had to go to some stupid thing to do with his wedding and I told him that if he left, we're done. And he left." I said. I could feel my stomach plummeting just at the memory.

"You know he's just doing this to protect you right." Carter said. "I know but I can't live like that Carter." I said honestly. There is no way that i'm going to live like that. Seeing Nash in the shadows. Granted, I love him more than anything, but I can't. For once, I needed to think about myself for once and my life.

Carter shook his head. "He loves you Cameron." he said. "I know that. And I love him. But I cannot continue this Carter. I will not be his fucking mistress. Whether he loves me or not." I said. Carter looked down. I suddenly felt bad. God, I'm a horrible person.
"You've been through too much to just throw it away Cam." he said while rubbing his face. It was true. We had been through a lot. But honestly, I just wanted all this drama to end.

"I know that Carter. But I can't do this anymore."

"Then you two need to leave. Go somewhere they'll never find you." he suggested.

"I already asked Nash. He said that they'll find us." I said. "No, not if it's done properly." he said. I didn't respond. I couldn't tell if Carter was being serious or not.

"Look Cameron I know people. I can sort this out for you. Passports, ID's everything. It's least I can do..." he said softly. "Just go talk to him on Saturday okay." he said. I wasn't sure about this. I could almost guarantee Nash would turn it down. And I wasn't fond of the idea of attending his stupid wedding.

Carter got up. "Look, I've got to go. i'm sorry for." he said while pointing to my face. "that. I'll text you okay." he said. I nodded and got up to let him out. "Just talk to him okay." he said as I shut the door.

I thought about it for a bit. Am I really willing to give up my life? To be with Nash. I'm not completely sure.
I'm in love with Nash. But if he wasn't willing to give up everything for me, then why should I?

All I wanted was for us to be together. No complications. No drama. No stupid psychotic father. Nothing. Just us. Me and him. No distractions.

Is that so much to ask for? To be happy.

I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. Please be Nash. Please be Nash. Please be Nash. Please be Nash.

I looked at my phone, it was Matt.

I quickly answered it. "Hey." I said into the phone. "We need to talk." Matt said, he sounded like he was in panic. "Yeah I agree." I said back, referring to my encounter with Carter.

"I'll be over in ten okay." Matt said. "Sure man... Is this about you and Carter because I have some news for you." I said. The other end was silent for a bit.

"No, this is about me and you."