Chapter 96: And I Swear I Don't Have A Gun

3rd person POV

Cameron and Nash hastily got in the cab that Nash had called for a few moments earlier.

Cameron was very confused about what was happening. He wondered why Nash wanted to leave so suddenly when he had been anticipating this party before. Nash on the other hand just wanted to get as far away from this place as possible. He was scared and also proud of himself for not giving in to the peer pressure.

Nash felt around in his pocket. it was still there. He had to get rid of it, he really did. If Cameron found out, then shit would hit the wall.

Nash took a deep breath.

Cameron looked at him oddly.

"Nash?" Cameron asked while squeezing their intertwined hands.

Nash looked down and then faced Cameron.

"Yeah?" he asked with a smile.

Cameron bit his lip. "Are you okay?" he asked.

Nash shrugged. "Yeah I guess so why?" Nash asked.

"It's just I don't understand what happened. You were so amped for this and then you suddenly want to leave. I don't understand. Did something happen?" Cameron asked cautiously. Cameron was aware of Nash's mental state and didnt want to trigger anything. Cameron felt like he was walking on eggshells around Nash. It was something that bothered Cameron. You're not supposed to feel that way in a relationship. Cameron had debated this many times in his mind. There were many times where he wanted to break up with Nash, but he couldn't. He was afraid that if he did so, Nash would fall into another depression. Especially if Nash found out that Cameron had been screwing a model from Victoria's Secret for a while.

Nash shrugged. "I just hate crowds you know." Nash said absently.

Cameron raised an eyebrow. "No you don't. You love people, Nash."

Nash shrugged. He didn't want to fight with Cameron right now, he really didn't.

"Well maybe I just wanted to be with you." Nash said softly.

"Then why did we come here?" Cameron asked.

"Well, I thought it would be a good networking opportunity you know? But mostly the only people there were models and actors, and they seemed kind of pretentious. Plus, you look really really good and it would be difficult for me to keep my hands off you so I thought why don't we just head home." Nash said, hoping he sounded convincing enough.

Cameron paused for a brief second.

"Oh." he said softly.

Nash took a deep breath. "I love you Cameron okay. You shouldn't worry so much."

"I worry about you Nash. I always will."

The car stopped outside their apartment. Cameron quickly paid the driver and they both got out of the car.

They walked up to their apartment in silence.

Cameron opened the front door and walked into the apartment only to be pushed back against the door by Nash. Nash hastily attached his lips to Cameron's. Cameron quickly kissed back.

Cameron was hesitant though. Something felt off.

They kissed for a while until Nash pulled Cameron towards the bedroom.

Cameron muttered a hasty, 'Jump.' into Nash's mouth. Nash hummed something inaudible and jumped.

Cameron held Nash by the butt only to stop imediatly when he felt it.