Chapter 91: Wedding Bells

3rd Person's POV

Taylor smiled to himself as he adjusted his tie and looked in the mirror. Today was the day. Today was the big day that he and Shawn tied the knot.

Taylor was beyond anxious. He hoped that nothing would go wrong especially considering the events that had taken place yesterday. But he didn't want to think about that.

"You look nice." Matthew said from the door. Taylor quickly turned around and looked at Matthew.

"Thanks Matt." He said softly. Matt took a deep breath and walked towards Taylor. He intertwined their fingers. "You know this means we can't see each other anymore right?" Matthew said. Taylor slowly nodded his head. "I understand, you have Carter and I have Shawn. This has gone on for long enough anyway." Taylor muttered. "I'll take it to my grave." Matthew said. Taylor aimlessly nodded.

He was glad that no one would find out. It would ruin everything between himself and Shawn.

"I'm going to go make sure Cameron is okay." Matthew said while walking out. "He better be okay, he is my best man!" Taylor exclaimed. "He just watched his boyfriend, well, ex-boyfriend get killed, I doubt he'll be 100% okay but I can work my magic!" Matthew said with a smile. Taylor nodded.

Taylor continued to stare at himself in the mirror, not in a vain way, just in a thinking way.

He felt guilty for seeing Matthew behind Shawn's back, but it was just something that had been going on for a while. Neither boys had feelings for each other; so honestly, Taylor had no idea why he did it. But he was glad he put an end to it before Shawn found out.

Taylor hadn't seen Shawn all day. They had been kept apart and would only be seeing each other at the altar. Taylor smiled; there was something so romantic about that.

Taylor knew where Shawn's room was and was hoping to catch a sneak peak and his husband to be.

Taylor quickly crept out of the room and managed to pass Matthew, Carter, Nash and Cameron without being seen.

Taylor then quickly opened the door and saw Shawn standing in front of the mirror, checking his face.

"Hey gorgeous." He said while wrapping his arms around Shawn. This caused Shawn to jump up with fright.

"Tay. It's bad luck to see the groom before the wedding. "Shawn stated. Taylor rolled his eyes. "It's not like you're wearing a dress or anything."

"Oh wouldn't you be so lucky." Shawn stated. Taylor giggled.

"Hey how's Cam?" Shawn asked. Taylor sighed. "I don't know, I just know that he's not doing well. Nash was holding him this morning and he was baling his eyes out." Taylor said with a shrug.

"Is he still going to be your best man?" Shawn asked.

"I don't think he's up for it to be honest. I think I'll ask Matt to take his place." Taylor said.

Shawn nodded. "As long as everything falls into place." Shawn said softly.

"Don't worry babe, it will. Now, I've got to go before they find me missing. Love you!" He said while walking out. Shawn shouted a soft 'love you' back while he continued to check his face for any blemishes.

Taylor quickly snuck back into his room only to be greeted with Matthew again. "Look bro I don't think Cam can do it. Cameron left and Nash went with him. He's in a state man." Matthew said softly.

Taylor nodded, he understood. "Okay then Matt. You're my new best man!" Taylor exclaimed. Matthew's eyes widened. "Really?" he asked.

"Hey guys, weddings about to start, better get to the alter." Shruthi, the wedding planner said. She spoke into a walkie talkie. "Groom number one is on way to alter." Taylor giggled.

Taylor stood at the altar, in front of a large crowd of people. Amongst the people in the crowd there was, Mahogany, Jacob, Aaaron, Sammy, Trevor, JC, Kian and their parents of course. Matthew and Carter stood next to him at the alter.

Soon Pachelbel - Canon In D Major began to play. Taylor began to grow nervous. The entire audience stood up as Shawn walked down the aisle.

Shawn looked amazing. Even though he had seen him a few minutes before. It didn't matter. Taylor was fixated on Shawn and couldn't help but shed a few tears as Shawn walked down the alter.

Shawn was also in tears as he could not believe he was about to marry the love of his life.

Eventually he reached Taylor and they joined hands.

A priest stood opposite them and mumbled the normal thing all priests say at a wedding. Taylor wasn't paying attention. All he cared about was Shawn. He couldn't take his eyes off Shawn. Everything felt so unreal.

Soon it was time to read vows. Shawn went first. He nervously took out a piece of paper and began to read, he tried to maintain eye contact with Taylor though.

"When I first met you, I knew that I was going to spend the rest of my life with you. I know pathetic. But I was just a kid back then and the idea of being with someone forever amazed me. I never in a million years thought you'd ever reciprocate my feelings. For months I drooled over you, like a love sick teenage girl." Shawn let out an exasperated chuckle. "I remember our first kiss. It was so simple and yet so unexpected. It was the second Magcon tour and it was about three in the morning. You told me you couldn't sleep because we had just watched Sinister with the guys. At the time I thought you were actually scared so I let you sleep in my bed, little did I know, you had ulterior motives." Shawn said with a smile. "It was my first kiss. And for months I was upset that you stole it from me. But now I can say that it was a pleasure to have my first kiss stolen by you. You were my first everything Taylor. And yes we did have fights but we resolved them, together. I promise you, to always be there for you, whether you have a cold or you have cancer. I'll love you forever Taylor. Till the day I take my last breath and even if you stop loving me. It'll always be you Taylor. And I promise to keep you by my side for as long as you'll let me." Shawn said, there were tears running down his face. Taylor was close to tears too.

It was then Taylors turn.

"Shawn. I never thought love existed. And I not saying that to sound all cool or whatever. I just genuinely never thought it existed. I never thought nor could I fathom how one person could be so fixated on one person, that was until I saw you. It was love at first sight. The minute I saw one of your vines I was gone. You had me forever Shawn. I love everything about you, the way you sing, the way you are, everything. I know I had denied it for so long and I am sorry for that. But I am glad I can stand here with you today. Because no matter what Shawn, I will always love you and I cannot stretch that enough. I love you Shawn. More than any car I own or more than any bandana. I promise to keep you by my side forever, and I'll never let you go." Taylor said with a shaky voice, the tears were now streaming from his face.

The rings were quickly brought forward.

"Do you, Shawn Mendes, take Taylor Caniff to be your lawful wedded husband, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do you part?" the priest said.

Shawn nodded. "I do."

"And do you Taylor Cannif, take Shawn Mendes to be your lawful wedded husband, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do you part?"

"I do."

"I then pronounce you husband and husband , you may kiss your groom!" the priest said enthusiastically. The entire crowd erupted in applause as Taylor lunged forward and placed his lips on Shawn's.

Shawn kissed back harder only to have Taylor pull away and whisper, 'steady there tiger, plenty of time later.'

Shawn smirked. Taylor grabbed onto his hand and intertwined their fingers as they walked out the church. Everyone threw confetti at them.

Taylor and Shawn smiled and waved as they got into the limo. Shawn immediately started kissing Taylor as they drove off to their new life, together.

//

QOTD: do you want kids if so what names?
- I do want kids, If it's a girl, Wednesday and it it's a boy, Bandit. I know weird names but don't like generic name so !

Nash in a suit will be the death of me holy fuck.