Chapter 26: Matt Is A Bit Upset

Matthew's POV

I had just returned home from my fourth session with Mrs Flowers. I hated to admit this but she was helping, she really was.

She helped me understand myself and my emotions better. Hell, she even understood myself for than I did.

I heard a knock on my bedroom door. I got up and opened it. It was my mom. I sighed and walked back to my bed.

"Why do you hate me Matthew?" she asked. I was slightly taken back by this. "What are you talking about?" I asked, it sounded harsher than it should have. "The way you talk to me. The lack of respect. Matthew you don't understand what went through my head when your friend Taylor found you in a pool of your own blood. I was in the house the entire time! I could've prevented it from ever even happening. I almost lost you Matthew. Do you have any idea how much it breaks my heart." she said. I could see the tears well up in her eyes.

Great, now I feel like shit.

I didn't really know what to say back to her. She got up. "Matthew, please just do me a favor." she said. I nodded. "Say hi once in a while. Don't lock yourself up in this room the whole day. All I want, all I've ever wanted was for this house to feel like a home and for us to be a family again." she said while wiping away a tear. "Okay mom." I said softly. I felt a tear roll down my face. Had I really been so horrible to my mom ever since the incident? I feel like utter shit now.

Suddenly, my mom's phone rang. She quickly took it out of her back pocket and answered. "Hello Mr's Dallas." she said. I wonder why Cam's mom was calling my mom.

My mom's eyes widened. "Yes yes we can. We're leaving right now and no problem." she said quickly. "Matthew get up we're leaving now." she said. "Why? what did Cam's mom say?" I asked, now a bit worried. Fear and panic ran through my body when my mom didn't respond to me immediately. "Matthew, Cameron is in hospital... and Mrs Dallas is in Chicago and can't make it till the weekend so she asked us to go check on him." she said. I didn't even comprehend the last bit of the sentence. I was out of that room so quickly. I literally ran down the stairs. My heart was beating incredibly fast. My mom trailed behind me. I turned around and grabbed her keys. "Matthew!" she exclaimed. "Get in mom! I'm driving!" I said while getting in the car. "Just don't get me any speeding tickets please." she said while putting her seat-belt on. "No promises." I said while starting the car and pulling out of the driveway.

______________________________________________________________

I anxiously walked into the hospital. My mom started talking to the ssecretary asking in what room Cameron was. I was shaking at this point. I didn't know what to expect. I also felt bad for ignoring him for the past week or so. I just wasn't feeling well and didn't want any human contact. I was selfish. What if he had put himself here? My stomach dropped at the thought.

My mom quickly grabbed me and we started walking towards the elevator. We waited a few seconds till it opened. My mom pressed the 4th floor button. "He's on the 4th floor, they say he is still in an unstable condition." she said. My breathing started to increase. "Shhh don't worry Matthew, he'll be okay. I promise." she said while pulling me in for a hug. This made me feel a little bit better.

Eventually the elevator doors opened. I looked down the long hallway and saw someone familiar. He had blonde hair and was quite good looking. He, however looked very stressed. Then I suddenly remembered who it was. Clayton!

I quickly ran up to him. "Clayton! What happened?" I asked. His eyes were red. He looked like he had just been crying. I sat on the seat next to him and my mom sat on the sat opposite us.