Chapter 17: A Chat With Matt

Cameron's POV

I was sitting in my trailer, doing absolutely nothing. I had tried my best to forget but it had not worked. Nash had tried to call me last night but I ignored it. I couldn't speak to him. I was probably taking this way to hard, but I could't help it.

There was a knock at my trailer door. What if it was Nash? Oh god. I don't want to see him, I don't want to talk to him and I definitely don't want him to be in here again.

The knocking got louder.

"Cam! It's me!" a voice said. It was Matt. Thank god. I rushed over to the door and opened it. Matt stood there. He looked really good for someone who just came out of hospital. I pulled him into a hug.

"Woah bro, you got a lot of beanbag chairs in here." he said while walking in. There was something different about him, but I just couldn't put my finger on it.

"Dude, there is something different about you." I remarked. Matt looked at me weirdly. He then turned his head to show off his newly pierced ears. What.

"Woah." I said while moving in closer.

"Dude when did you get this done?" I asked while sitting down on a beanbag chair next to him.

"About thirty minutes ago." he said while flashing his 'Matthew Espinosa Smile'. It actually looked really good.

"It looks good bro." I said. Matt smiled again.

"So, how are you, why did they let you out early?" I asked. "Well, you see I refused to go to therapy or whatever and my mom said I couldn't leave. So once I sucked it up and agreed to go, they let me out." he said.

"Oh, well that's great Matt." I said with a smile.

There was a silence.

"Cam. Would you be able to explain to me why Nash called me 12 times yesterday?" he said.

"Twelve. A dozen. In the middle of the god damned night, blubbering on and asking me questions about you." he continued. That made no sense. Why would he call Matt 12 times and me only once.

"What did he ask you?" I asked.

"I will answer that question after you tell me what happened?" he asked. I took a deep breath in. "I caught Nash and Lia having sex, it's no big deal okay." I said, trying to make it sound like I did not care. Matt made a throwing up sound.

"That is so gay!" he exclaimed. I bursted out laughing.

After our laughs died down, Matt looked at me with a look of sympathy.

"Are you okay Cam?" he asked me.

"I don't know." I said truthfully.

"You know, he is so confusing. He tells me he loves me during sex but then goes off with Lia the next day and it makes me feel like I don't matter." I said. Matt was about to interject but I kept talking, "He asked me to come with him to New York for the weekend, you know before I caught them. Now I don't know if that's still happening or if he'll just take Lia instead."

Matt looked at me for a split second. "Ask him." he said simply. Ask him? "I can't just go up and ask him!" I said. "It's the best way to get what you want. Don't settle for that uncomfortable silence bullshit." he said. Should I ask him? I mean I could end up making a gigantic fool of myself.

"When was this New York thing supposed to happen?" Matt asked.

"He was supposed to pick me up tonight." I said while sighing. Matt nodded. "Look, I think, if you're not going to ask him, which you probably wont. Just be prepared in case he actually comes." Matt said. I nodded.

"Hey bro I gotta run." Matt said while getting up.

"Yeah bro it's cool my break is almost over anyway." I said while letting him out. Matt walked out but turned around and looked at me. "If he doesn't show up to pick you up, you and me can hang out this weekend. Cause some havoc." he said.

"I'd like that." I said while hugging him. Matt flashed me his smile and left.

//

I just got home from the studios. I quickly packed my bad with whatever was laying around. I checked the clock , 6:30. Things had run a bit late at the studios today. Lia wasn't in today and that made work so much easier. I checked my phone, no messages. I sighed. I sat on my bed with my bag next to me.

I was waiting for a while till I saw lights in my driveway and a few moments later someone rang my door bell. I took a deep breath in and walked over to open it.

It was Nash. He looked at me with a slight smile.

"I didn't think you'd come." I said while looking down.

"I didn't think you wanted to still go. I almost didn't come here." he said truthfully.

"I'm glad you did though." I said.

"Me too." he said while grabbing my hand. I looked at our hands for a second and pulled mine away.

"Let me go get my bag." I said while running up the stairs.

After I retrieved my bag Nash escorted me to the car. I sat down in the back. Nash sat up in front and Bryant was driving.

"Hey Cam!" he said while waving his hand.

"Hey Bryant. Are you coming with us?" I asked while buckling up my seat-belt.

"No, just driving you two to the airport." he said. I nodded. Nash smirked at me. I pulled out my phone and started texting Matt.

To Matt:

He picked me up

I waited a few minutes till he replied.

From Matt:

Are you happy?

I wondered what he meant. Am I happy? I don't know, I feel a sense of relief I guess. I look up at Nash. He was on his phone, the screen illuminated his face. He was beautiful. I felt my heart do back flips. I sighed.

To Matt:

I don't know

Matt didn't reply this time, he read it though. I sighed and turned off my phone.

It was a while till we reached the airport. Bryant and Nash were having an in depth conversation about some band I never heard of before.

Once we got to the airport we said goodbye to Bryant and went to go check in. I suddenly started to get really nervous. Four and a half hours on a plane with Nash. Nash looked at me.

"You okay?" he asked. I didn't know how to answer that question truthfully.

"Yeah." I said. He looked at me weirdly and then continued to walk.

It took us forever to check in because we were ambushed by fans. We only just made our flight on time.

I got a window seat and Nash was kind of upset about it.

"But I want a window seat!" he complained. I sighed and got up.

"There." I said. Nash looked at me and hesitated for a second.

"No, I was joking dude. You'd seriously give up your seat just because I asked?" he asked. I shrugged and sat down. Nash took my hand and intertwined my fingers.

"I don't care on what seat I seat I sit, as long as I get to sit next to you." he said casually. This angered me for some reason. Nash is so fucking confusing.

"When are your meetings?" I asked trying to strike up conversation. A guilty look washed on Nash's face.

"There are none." he said simply.

"What? Dude if you have no meetings then why are we going to New York?" I said a bit loudly than I should have.

"I lied." he said simply.

"You lied? Great." I said back.

"I lied because I wanted you to myself for an entire weekend. No distractions."