Chapter 36: Oh

Cameron's POV

Shawn had just told us everything. He was in tears and Nash looked incredibly upset.

Nash got up. "Where are you going?" I asked. "To have a chat with Taylor." He said sternly. Shawn jumped up. "No Nash please just leave it!"

Nash looked at Shawn. Shawn had tears running down his face and was shaking. I mouthed a 'sit' to Nash and he nodded and sat next to me.

"I guess it never really hit me till after a few hours." Shawn said. "Before you think or ask, no I wasn't going to kill myself... I just needed time to think." He said. "Couldn't you think in a park or something! Dude you could've fallen off or something!" Nash exclaimed. Shawn let out a soft laugh. "Not as extravagant." He said. I shook my head. This wasn't like Shawn. Shawn was a sweet innocent soul.

He didn't deserve this. "Look Shawn... We're really sorry. But we'll try to help where we can okay. We also promise not to get involved with you and Taylor okay." I said. I specifically looked at Nash when I said that. Nash reluctantly nodded.

Shawn got up. "Thank you so much guys. You're the best. But I should be going. Can you take me home? I cant remember where I put my car." He said while rubbing his head. "Cam you take him. I'm going to stay here and cook for you okay?" he said. I blushed. I nodded and grabbed my car keys and walked Shawn out. Shawn hugged Nash one last time and thanked him. We then walked out.

"I'm really happy for you Cameron." He said while smiling. "Thank you Shawn... That means a lot. You'll find that happiness to. I promise." I said while rubbing his back. "I don't know if that's true but thank you Cam." He said.

Once we got to my car we both got in. I turned up the radio.

'The Weight' was playing on the radio. I looked over to Shawn. "I didn't know this song was getting radio play." he said while shrugging. "It's an amazing song Shawn..." I said slowly. "I wrote it after the first fight Taylor and I had..." he said slowly. He had tears in his eyes.

"Has he ever heard it?" I asked. Shawn laughed. "No. He kept saying he never had time to listen to my music..." he said slowly. "Well then he must've heard it live right?" I asked. Shawn shook his head. "He's never showed up to one of my shows ." he said softly. Wait. That can't be right. Surely Taylors showed up at least once.

"Dude. Are you sure?" I asked. "Yeah. Everytime I'd invite him he'd say he was busy or somthing." Shawn shrugged. "Shawn I'm so-"

"Don't worry about it Cameron. I was stupid to believe he ever loved me." he said softly. "He did love you Shawn." I said. I was certain of it. I saw the way he looked at Shawn. "He told me he didn't." he said softly. I sighed. "Sometimes people say things when they're angry and don't mean it. You don't get to choose if you get hurt in this world, but you do have some say in who hurts you... Wise words from John Green. Think about it okay?" I asked.

Shawn nodded.

"Are you and Nash busy on Wednesday?" Shawn asked. I just finished filming my movie so I wasn't particularly busy for the next few days till I start on my new project. "No why?" I asked. Shawn shrugged. "My album went triple platinum and the lable wants to throw a party and stuff." Shawn said softly. "DUDE congrats !Oh my god!" I shouted. I was so proud of Shawn. His album was amazing, he has some serious talent.

Shawn smiled softly. "Thanks... would you and Nash like to come?" he asked. "We would love to Shawn! Invite the Jacks, they'll be so happy for you !" I exclaimed. I nodded. "I will." he said softly. "I'll email you the invitation." he said. I nodded.

Eventually we got to Shawn's house. I pulled up in his driveway. "Want to come in?" Shawn asked. I shook my head. "Nash has something planned." I said while looking down and blushing. Shawn smiled. "You guys are like the cutest honestly." he said. "Thanks Shawn." I said. Shawn flashed me one last smile and got out of the car. "Thanks for the ride Cam... Thanks for everything." he said. "No problem. Stay safe okay?" I said. Shawn nodded and went inside.

I sighed. I was still worried about him. As much as I wanted to talk to Taylor, I knew that this would sort itself out. Taylor just needs to show that he cares and I know that he does.

//

I opened my apartment door and the apartment smelled amazing. I saw Nash stirring something in a pot. I went up behind him and put my arms around his waist. "Hey babe, I didn't hear you come in." he said while turning around and pecking my lips. "How's Shawn?" he asked. I sighed. "I don't know. I'm just worried. I've never seen him like this before." I said. "I know..." Nash said slowly.

"Oh! Shawn invited us to his Record Lable's party because his album went triple platinum!" I said. "Oh My Gosh! I am so happy for him! We can't miss out!" Nash said. "When is it?" he asked. "Wednesday." I replied. "Aren't you working?" he asked. I shook my head. "No we're done for now anyway. If they need to reshoot anything they'll let us know." I said. Nash nodded.

My attention was drawn back to the food. It smelt amazing. "Nash this smells amazing." I said. He looked down and blushed.

"It's not done yet, it wont be for a while though. Want to watch a movie in the mean time?" he asked.

I nodded my head. He smiled and grabbed my hand and led me to the living room. He pulled me down on the couch so that we were laying and somewhat spooning. "What do you want to watch babe?" he whispered in my ear. "What about Annabelle?" he asked. I nodded. I heard about it and apparently it was made by the same people who made The Conjuring and that movie was not for the faint hearted so I knew I was not in for a good time.

"You look scared." Nash said while pulling me close to him. He started the movie.

After about a half and hour, I couldn't take it. "It's not that bad Cameron." Nash said. "Says you." I retorted. He turned me over so we were laying face to face. We laid like that for a while, just staring at eachother. It wasnt creepy though. I could faintly hear the movie in the background, but I didn't really care.

"I love you Cam." Nash said while placing a soft kiss on my forehead. "I love you too Nash." I said back.

"Not that I don't like this, but you haven't been home in a while Nash..." I said softly. "You've been here for the last week... not that I'm complaining." I said softly. "Don't you miss your family?" I continued.

Nash has been staying here for the past week. Ever since the Lia thing he kinda just ended up at my apartment all the time.

"I want to move in." he said. Well this caught me off gaurd.

"I mean we used to talk about it all the time right? We can split the rent and I can move in." He continued.

I wasn't sure about this. Nash is so unpredictable. What if shit hits the fan again. But I wanted to be with him all the time.

"Okay." I said softly.

He smiled and kissed me firmly on the lips.

This was happiness.