Chapter 60: I Miss You

Cameron's POV

I've been staring at the phone for the past 20 minutes. I was supposed to call my mother and tell her about the BMA modeling thing.

I don't think I have the courage to to tell her that I'm leaving. I don't want to but I know that it's best. I feel that maybe she might not be that angry at me because she moved to Chicago.
And I was okay with her moving to Chicago even though it hurt and I wanted to be close because family means a lot to me.

I slowly dialed her number. As I pressed each number, I started to get more and more nervous.

I was worried about her reaction. I was worried about what she may think. I was worried that she would not want me to be on my own in a foreign country.

"Cameron!" the voice said on the other line.

"Hi mom." I greeted.

"How are you Cameron?"

I hesitated.

"I need to talk to you about something very important that came up." I said.
"Sure what is it honey?" She asked.
"You know when I applied for BMA modeling a few years ago? I asked.

I had applied when I was sixteen. I got rejected though. I was beaten up about it for months.

"Yeah I remember." she said.

"You didn't get in." she continued.

"They just recently offered me a position."

My mom gasped.

"Congratulations!" she exclaimed.

"I am so proud of you!" she said.

"Thank you mom." I said with a smile on my face.

"Only thing is, it's based in London." I said. My mom didn't say anything for a few seconds. "Does that mean you have to move out there?" she asked. I couldn't really tell what the tone of her voice was. She didn't sound angry and she didn't sound sad either.

"Yes it would mean I would have to move out to London, as much as I don't want to leave you all here. I know that this is a very good opportunity for me and I should take it while I still have the chance." I said.

My mom sighed. "I knew this would happen. My little boy is growing up and as much as it pains me to hear that you're leaving, I know that you have to and that it will do very well for you and your career. I am very proud of you. Incredibly proud! I am so so proud of you, have no idea!"
I smiled to myself. "Thank you mom. I appreciate it, I really do."

"So when will you be leaving?" My mom asked. I could hear the sadness in her voice that was now only making itself apparent.

"Two weeks." I said.

I had recently just gotten back from emailing back-and-forth with BMA. They wanted me as soon as possible. I knew that it would take a while for me to gather my things and ship them to London. Plus I still needed to tell all the guys that I was leaving.

Luckily for me BMA has arranged accommodation for me. So I don't have to worry about that.

That still doesn't really make anything that much better right now. Telling my mother that I was leaving made me realize the harsh reality, that I'm actually leaving. Everything feels so real.

"I'm going to miss you." she said.

"I will make sure to fly to LA so I can see you off at the airport." She continued.

"I'd really appreciate that." I said with a smile.

"Have you told anybody else like Nash?" she asked.