Chapter 39: Hope

Cameron's POV

I sat in a lone coffee shop. The smell of freshly baked bread and cake filled the air. It was currently five in the morning. The sun was just rising. I had got no sleep and my eyes felt heavy. It was as if just the aroma of coffee was keeping me from falling into a deep sleep.

A figure sat down next to me, I didn't need to look to know who it was.

"Any luck?" I asked. There was silence. I took that as a no. I sighed. He had been missing for three weeks now. Every night we'd go out and look for him. If anything, he had just run away. Actually, I was certain he had. As I had contact with him. Every few days he'd send me a letter, telling me of his whereabouts.

I only joined everyone in searching for him so they would not be suspicious that I knew of his whereabouts. He had asked me not to tell them, he wouldn't give me a valid reason as to why though. Well, in my opinion his reason wasn't valid.

But the lack of sleep and worry that everyone was experiencing was a bit too much for me to handle.

"What if he's dead?" the voice asked. I turned around to face Taylor. This is what I was talking about. Taylor was distraught over the last three weeks. He blamed himself for Shawn's disappearance. In fact, so did everyone else. News had gotten out about their falling out. Taylor had been blamed for it. Although, no-one was aware of the gross details that went with their falling out. All everyone else knew was that they had a fight, that's it.

I gripped on the stack of envelopes that I had collected in the past three weeks. There were precisely seven of them.

It upset me that he didn't tell anyone else where he was. I think he purposely wants people to worry. It's as if he faked his own death.

The last three weeks have been hell on earth. The day after Shawn went missing, his parents had contacted the police and filed him as a missing person.

Three days after he had gone missing, the fans were notified. Twitter was chaos, the hash-tag '#findshawn' has been trending for the past few days, and is still trending to this day.

Five days after he had gone missing, Nash had tweeted about Taylor.

@NashGrier: @TaylorCaniff this is your fault.

In my opinion, It wasn't completely fair to blame Taylor for this. Nash took it too far.

Speaking of Nash, we haven't spoken either, It's not like I hadn't tried, I had tried. I had phoned and texted him numerous times but all for nothing. To be honest I had given up on him. He hurt me so much that I wasn't phased by his silence.

"What's in your hand?" Taylor asked while sipping a cup of coffee he had just received from a waiter. I sighed and looked down.

I took out the first letter I had received from Shawn. I carefully reopened the already torn envelope and slipped out a folded piece of paper. I opened it and I began to quickly read through it again, just to make sure I wanted Taylor to read it.

'Dear Cameron,

You will be the only one receiving these letters. I've chosen to only write to you because I feel that you can understand what I'm feeling and why I left.

I need time, Cameron. I need time away from everyone. I am currently staying in London. I am under a different name so no-one can find me. I need to stay here and rethink the last two years. I can't stand to be there anymore. Everything reminds me of him, every place brings back memories of when we had been together and of when we were there together. It's too much for me to handle. Especially knowing he never loved me. It hurts too much Cameron.