Chapter 45: Misconception

Cameron's POV

"Hayes. Get out." Nash said sternly. Hayes looked at Nash and didn't budge. "Hayes. NOW!" Nash screamed. My heart started to beat faster and faster. I had never seen Nash this angry before.

Hayes looked like he was going to protest but instead he just ran out of the bathroom.

Nash stood there, staring at me. He closed the door behind him. He started walking closer and closer to me. I kept backing up till my back was against the wall. Nash came really close to me. I could see he had tears in his eyes. I didn't like being this close to him. It made me nervous. But also looking into his eyes. I never realized how much power he had over me. Those eyes. That face. That everything.

Nash took my hand and lifted my arm. He ran his fingers over my cuts. "Why...." He said slowly. I felt a tear drop on my arm. It stung slightly as they were fresh.

"You know why." I said slowly. "You keep hurting me..." I said while looking down. Nash started to shake his head. "You can't...."

"Yes I can. I can do whatever I want. It's my body." I said, trying to sound confident. "No Cameron you can't! For god's sake why are you making this so difficult!" he yelled. "What Nash! What exactly am I making difficult here?" I shouted. Tears were pouring out my eyes. "Do you think I want this Cameron?" He said slowly. "Do you really think I want to marry Lia. Really. Because if that's what you think. You're so goddamned wrong." He said, while not breaking eye contact with me. "Then why the fuck are you Nash! Why! To hurt me? After our stupid fight about coming out. If you don't want to come out Nash fine. Fucking whatever. But you can't expect me to not come out." I said. Nash took a deep breath in and let out a small laugh. "You don't get it Cameron. You'll never get it." He said while shaking his head. He started to walk out. I ran up behind him and spun him around. "Make me understand. I don't know what the problem is here Nash. But the one thing I know is that I want to be with you." I said pleadingly.

Nash looked at me with sad eyes. His lip started to tremble. "It all started when I went home."

FLASH BACK

NASH'S POV

I arrived home to Skylynn attack hugging me. "Hey there princess!" I said while bringing here in for another hug. "You look so beautiful today!" I exclaimed. She was wearing a very pink tutu and her hair was tied up in a bun. "Nashy you haven't been home in forever!" she exclaimed. Guilt swept through my body. I shouldn't have stayed away for so long. Even though it was only a week, my parents don't take kindly on this kind of thing. Especially because I didn't tell them where I was going.

I know that I should have but I was with Cameron and when I'm Cameron I forget about everything else. I didn't even care about that stupid fight. I however felt so shit for bringing up his dad. I regretted it the minute I said it. I would somehow have to make it up to him. A grand gesture. He deserves that.

I felt a blush creep upon my cheeks. "Ooooooo Nash is blushing!" Skylynn exclaimed. "Why is Nash blushing?" Hayes asked as he walked in the living room. "Nash was blushing. Probably thinking of his girly friend!" Skylynn said while playing with her pink pony plush toy. "Hey man." Hayes said while bringing me in for a hug. "Where have you been man." He asked. "Ummm..." I said not really sure of how to answer that question. Hayes shook his head. "Dude don't worry. But however you should worry about mom and dad. They're so pissed you didn't come home. I think dad might have a fit. You've got some explaining to do. Better get your story straight now." Hayes said. I quickly nodded.

I was going upstairs to go to my room when I heard a voice. "Nash." The voice said. I recognized it immediately. It was my father. "Come here." He said sternly. "Where are you?" I questioned. "The study." He answered. I slowly made my way over to the study. I steadily opened the door to reveal my father sitting at the desk and my mother cleaning around the shelves. My father looked up at me. "Where have you been Hamilton." He asked. I could hear he was upset. "Ummm." My voice stuttered. "You were with him weren't you." My mother asked. "noo." I said very unconvincingly.

"LIAR!" My mom suddenly shouted. "Hamilton. I don't want you around that boy ever again. If I ever see you around him or hear that you've been with him, I personally take care of him myself." My father said simply. "What do you mean..." I asked slowly. "Do you really need to ask that question Hamilton? Do you really want me to answer it? Because you know what I'll do to him. And I'll get away with it because it wouldn't be the first time." My father said.

I started to shake. I knew he wasn't kidding. I knew he'd hurt him. I just want him to be okay that's all I want. "I won't see him again." I said quickly. "That's what I thought." My father said. My father looked up at me and smiled. "Darling show Hamilton his present." My father said. I was still in shock. My mother nodded and left the room for a minute.

"You know Hamilton. No son of mine will be one of those. You need to carry on the Grier line. You know how much family means to me. And I will not let you ruin it, do you understand me Hamilton?" he asked. I quickly nodded. I learnt at a young age not to fight or protest against him. It would just earn me a slap or even worst.

But I was angry. He's taking away the one thing, the only thing that makes me happy.

My mom quickly reappeared in the room with a small box in her hand. She handed it to me. She had a big smile on her face. I opened it and there stood two engagement rings. My heart started to beat incredibly fast. This was not happening. They couldn't make me. It would destroy him. He'd never talk to me again. He'd never look at me again. I can't hurt him like that. I can't.

"What is this for?" I slowly asked while closing the box. My dad laughed. "You and your lovely girlfriend of course! Invite her over and ask her then." He said with a smile. I started to shake my head. I couldn't do this. "Nash. Invite her over." He said sternly. He looked angry and I could see him clench his fists. "Now. You know what will happen to you if you don't."

END OF FLASHBACK