Chapter 77: Flights And Goodbyes

Cameron's POV

I stare aimlessly out of the car window. I started to count the number of trees that passed.

45, 46, 47...

We have been driving for a while now and Clayton hasn't uttered a word to me. I knew that he didn't want me to go, but I didn't think he'd handle it like this.

"Babe. I'm only going for a few days." I start quietly.

I know he heard what I said due to the slight clench in his jaw and the tightening of his hands on the steering wheel, he doesn't respond though. I turn my head, attempting to make eye contact. He hasn't looked at me either and it's making me feel guilty.

Clayton sighs softly and I know it's because he saw me staring.

"We could FaceTime everyday if you wanted to!"

I look at him again and he's nice enough to avert his eyes to glance at me briefly before before staring back ahead at the long stretch of road.

He looks almost... guilty.

"Are you okay?" I ask him, already knowing what his answer will be.

"I'm fine." He says softly. I hate it when he gets like this.

"You know you can come with me if you really want to." I said.

Clayton sighs. "You know I can't. I have work." he said simply.

I rolled my eyes. So this is what it's about. The fact that I could get off work and he couldn't. Petty.

After a few minutes we arrived at the airport drop off.

"Clayton."

He didn't say anything.

"Clay, babe, look at me." I demanded.

"I have a shoot in an hour, I have to go. Have a safe flight okay." He said coldly with a small smile.

"Why do you have to be so difficult..." I murmured. "Do you really want me to leave like this. You know how important it is for me to be at that wedding to support my friends. I was going to text to you all the time but now you-"

"I get it." He interrupts. "I'm sorry for being upset that my boyfriend is leaving." He said. I wasn't complete convinced.

"Is this about Nash?" I asked. "Because if you think that-"

"You're going to miss your flight." Clayton interrupted.

I sighed and looked on my watch. He was right. If I didn't leave now I would miss my flight.

I leaned over and placed a soft kiss on his lips. "I'll never leave you for Nash." I said softly. Clayton sighed. I could tell he didn't believe me, hell, I didn't even believe me.

He nodded slowly. "You should go okay."

"Bye." I said softly. I gave him a small smile.

He didn't say anything.

I sighed and got out the car. I walked over to the trunk and pulled out my bag. I walked back over to the side where Clayton was but just before I could make it he drove away.

'Shit' I muttered under my breath.

Our relationship wasn't as perfect as people think. He gets overly jealous. And he'd get all salty if I ever mentioned Nash. I also don't think he was that fond of Matthew either.

I sighed and walked in the airport. I tried to push Clayton out of my mind, which was surprisingly easy.

And, like clockwork, Nash found his way back into my mind once again.

And I couldn't help the smile that formed on my face.