Chapter 86: I Would Do Anything For You

3rd Person POV

"You're going to tell me everything." Cameron states.

Hayes takes a deep breath in.

"Where do you want me to start?" He asked, not really knowing how to bring everything up.

"Nash's depression." Cameron said.

Hayes scoffed. "Nash isn't depressed. He's bipolar. Big difference." Hayes stated, as if it were the most obvious thing in the world.

"Whatever. Just please Hayes. Help me understand."

"It all started with Will...."

*FLASH BACK*

Seven year old Hayes and ten year old Nash were playing around the house.

They were playing tag.

"Tag you're it!" Nash screamed as he ran away from Hayes.

Hayes ran after Nash only to stop at his big brother Will's bedroom. There were voices in the room.

Hayes put his ear to the door so he could listen properly.

"Will, listen to us, you need to get up." It was their mothers voice. Hayes didn't understand, he thought that maybe Will was really tired and didn't want to get up. He never really understood why old people like to sleep so much.

"Honey what are we going to do here?" His fathers voice said.

"Look Chad, I don't know. I feel like this is all my fault." She said.

"You know that you can't help this. And you can't help that you gave it to them either. Okay. You need to understand that this is not your fault okay." He said.

Hayes raised an eyebrow. He didn't understand anything.

"He'll come back to us okay." His father said.

Hayes could hear the stifled cried from his mother.

"What if the boys have it too? Hayes? Nash? We can't let them live like this!" She exclaimed.

Hayes started to pay more in depth attention when he heard his name.

"The boys are too young. We can't tell yet. But I think we should put them both on medication to avoid a situation like this." His father said in a low murmur.

"Hayes is only seven! We cannot put a seven year old on medication!" His mother yelled.

"What about Nash then? He's ten, plus the boy is worrying. Sometimes he just starts crying for reason, his mood swings..."

"Fine then. We take Nash to the psychiatrist. See if they can find anything wrong, if they can, medication for him. Same with Hayes, we'll take him when he's older" his mother said in a hush tone.

"Hayes!" Gets quickly turned around to see Nash.

"I said you're it!" He yelled as he ran away.

Hayes immediately ran after his brother but couldn't help to think of what his parents meant by that.

*END OF FLASHBACK*

"Will was amazing. He was the best brother I could ever ask for. Despite the fact that he was a teenager he'd always hang out with Nash and I.... And eventually he just stopped. He never came out of his room. I didn't understand it at the time. And then one night there was a really loud bang and..." Hayes lost his composure. The tears were flowing out freely. Cameron moved closer to Hayes to comfort him.

After a while Hayes tried to gain his composure again.

"A few months after that, Nash started to act weird. He'd get really happy and then get really sad again and sometimes really angry. I never really noticed it before but it started to become apparent. It was terrifying."

*FLASHBACK*

"DONT FUCKING TOUCH MY STUFF!" Nash yelled. Hayes gasped and slowly moved away from Nash.

"Hamilton! Don't you dare use that word again!" His mother shouted.

"HE TOUCHED MY STUFF!!!!" Nash yelled.

Hayes was terrified. He had never seen his brother like this before.

"Nash. To your room now! We'll deal with you later." His father said sternly.

"You ever touch my stuff again, I will kill you."

Nash let out a loud moan and stormed off to his room, banging the door as he shut it.

Hayes was shaking.

"You see! Nash obviously has a problem. I don't see why we haven't taken him yet!" His father yelled.

"Have you forgotten about..." His mother trailed off.

"We will deal with this. Today. Go get Nash. We're taking him to Dr Stein now."

*END OF FLASHBACK*

"Nash was then put on medication. And he was okay. But sometimes he'd forget to take it or something and he'd end up having issues. Also if he is experiencing strong feelings, he tends to loose his shit. He didn't want to tell you. He didn't want to tell anyone. He thought people would treat him differently. Hell, he didn't even want to admit it to himself. But Cameron. You mean so much to him. I've never seen my brother this in love with one person. For gods sake I didn't even think he was capable of loving anyone this much. But he does. And when you left. Or said whatever you said to him, it broke him. Nash was on the verge of a manic episode, meaning he'd get really happy. And whatever you said turned his emotions in the other direction." Hayes said in a low whisper.

Cameron could stand it anymore. He had kept his tears in for so long. He just let them flow freely from his eyes.

"When you left... He went into this ... Depression. He was like that for weeks. He hardly ate, he didn't speak and he didn't leave his room. It was all so similar to what happened to Will before he... And what's even worse is that this isn't the first time Nash has gone into a depression like that." Hayes stated.

"Eventually we got Nash to talk, it took a lot. And for a while, we thought he was okay. Until I caught him injecting himself with goddamed heroin. I immediately told dad. We all had this big family meeting. Decided to send Nash to rehab. It obviously didn't work because the minute he came home he started using again." Hayes said while shaking his head.

"Maybe you can somehow convince him to go back. To get better." Hayes said to cameron. Cameron was just about to speak when he was interrupted.

"I'm not going back."

Everyone looked up to see Nash staring at the door frame.

Cameron's heart started to beat really fast. He hadn't seen Nash in so long. All his feelings resurfaced and almost tripled in quantity. Just seeing him there was almost enough for Cameron to go up and kiss him right there and then.

"Nash you don't understand!" Hayes exclaimed.

"I'm not fucking going back." Nash stated as he sped upstairs.

On instinct Cameron ran up after him. Cameron burst into Nash's bedroom door.

"I swear to god. If you're going to try to convince me to go to rehab then get the fuck out." Nash screamed.

Cameron just stood there. He then took a deep breath. His heart was racing.

"Maybe I can be your rehab."