Chapter 65:Coming Of Age (Part Two)

{Hayes' Birthday Part Two}
3rd Person POV

Nash rushed over to the front door and opened it immediately to find Cameron standing there. Nash felt himself getting twenty times happier than he already was.

He looked Cameron up and down. Cameron looked good. He looked really good.

Nash immediately pulled Cameron in for a hug. "I missed you." He whispered in Cameron's ear. Cameron pulled away and gave him a light smile.

Nash hesitated and then grabbed Cameron's hand and pulled him upstairs.

"Hey! It's my birthday!" Hayes shouted.

"Happy birthday!" Cameron yelled as he was being pulled up stairs.

"We'll be a minute okay." Nash yelled back. "Yeah right." Hayes said.

Once they got upstairs Nash pulled Cameron into his bedroom and shut the door behind him.

"What are you-" Nash cut Cameron off by grabbing his neck and pulling him in for a soft kiss.

Cameron didn't want to kiss back, but he did anyway.

Nash slowly pulled away. "I have a surprise for you." Nash said softly.
Cameron didn't say anything. He knew that this Nash would be short lived. But still he wondered about Nash's behavior. Why he was so open about everything. Cameron liked it though. Cameron liked it a lot.

Nash rummaged through his room and pulled out a rectangular shaped box.
Nash took a deep breath and handed the box to Cameron. Cameron gave Nash an odd look and took the box from him. "Nash you didn't have to." Cameron said while looking down at the box. Cameron was surprised. He didn't expect this of Nash. He didn't expect this at all.

"I wanted to. Now open it." Nash said with a smile. A blush appeared on Nash's face as Cameron opened the box. Nash wanted Cameron to like it. Cameron had to like it.

Cameron's eyes went wide in shock.

"Nash-"

"Do you like it?" Nash asked eagerly.

Cameron looked down at the contents of the box. In the box stood a white diamond silver Rolex. Nash knew that Cameron had a thing for Rolex's but never owned one. Cameron's eyes started to tear up as he looked at it more closely. In the center it had 'cash' engraved in it.

"I don't know what to say..." Cameron said softly. No one had ever gotten him something so extravagant before. He hasn't even gotten himself something like that before.

"Do you like it?" Nash asked again.

Nash was getting slightly worried that Cameron didn't like it. Nash could feel his stomach plummeting.

"If you don't like it-" Nash said in a whisper.

Cameron looked up. "No! I love it! I just. I just didn't expect you to get me something. It isn't my birthday after all you know." Cameron said in a whisper. Nash wondered why Cameron was so quiet.

Nash took Cameron's hand. "I know. But I love you."

Cameron's heart started beating incredibly fast. He wondered if fate was playing some cruel game with him. That as soon as he makes the decision to leave, Nash becomes more open minded and forward about how he feels.

"I love you too..." Cameron said slowly and barely audible. Nash raised an eyebrow.

He gripped Cameron by the waist and pulled him close. "Are you okay?" He asked softly. Cameron's breath started to hitch. Nash could feel Cameron tensing up.

"Y-yeah I'm okay." Cameron said while faking a smile. Cameron's worries began to increase. He didn't want to tell Nash. He didn't. And now he thought that he couldn't. He couldn't. Nash would be heartbroken.

Nash smiled and kissed Cameron again. Nash was surprised when Cameron didn't kiss back but he shook it off.

"Uh come on. Let's go downstairs. It is Hayes' birthday after all." Cameron said while walking out of the room. He tried to make an excuse to leave. Cameron put the box with the Rolex down on the drawer, leaving it behind him.

Nash looked down. He then looked at Cameron walking away. Nash felt something he had never felt before. Rejection. He felt like Cameron had rejected him. It felt like Cameron had lost feelings for him. Like he didn't want Nash anymore. Like he only said what he said out of pity.

He looked over to the tall drawer where Cameron had left the Rolex that he had given him.

And then Nash felt a small tear roll down his face.

\\

Cash book Recommendation: Just Best Friends? by @IloveNashCam