Chapter 80: Love Is A Laserquest

Jack G's POV

"Why the fuck does it matter that he knows?!" I yelled at Jack. Jack let out a sigh and shook his head.

"You don't get it!" He snapped.

"What don't I get here? Explain to me!"

"When your dad walks in on his son and his best friend making out, that's a problem!" He yelled.

"He didn't even have a problem with it! He was okay with it! The only one that has a problem with it is you!" I counted.

"He gave me that goddamed condescending parent look!" He shouted.

Jack stopped. "Maybe I do have a problem with it."

Not this again. Not this. Not a-fucking-gain.

"I don't understand you. For the last six months things have been great! They've been better than great. I don't see the issue!" I yelled.

That was a lie. Things haven't been great. But I like to tell myself that they are so that I don't fall into a pit of insanity.

"No one knew! No one was supposed to know!" Jack stated.

Did he seriously expect everyone to be completely oblivious?

"Oh please. All the guys knew we had a thing. It was so fucking obvious."

"There's no way they knew."

"Are you stupid?"

Jack didn't say anything. I was done. I was so sick and tired of him making me feel like this meant nothing. He made me feel like he was doing me a favor.

"You know what Jack? You and me? Whatever the fuck this is, is over." I said while walking away.

"What the fuck Jack?" He yelled. His blue eyes were shimmering with tears.

"Don't play the victim here. It's not like you wanted to be in this relationship anyway." I said, trying to hold back tears.

"What do you mean?" Jack said slowly.

I sighed. "Remember when we were supposed to go on a double date with Shawn and Taylor for my birthday and you never fucking showed up?"

*F L A S H B A C K*

(Jack G's POV)

I sat opposite Shawn and Taylor at a restaurant. It had just opened so we all decided that it'd be the best place to celebrate my birthday.

So far it was only the three of us. Jack had not showed up yet.

There were tons of birthday presents spread out on the table that Taylor and Shawn had got for me.

"What time did you say that Jack would be coming?" Shawn asked.

I shrugged. "He hasn't returned any of my texts. Maybe he's caught up or something." I said, trying to make up an excuse.

Taylor gave me a sympathetic smile.

The waiter came over. She was rather beautiful. Even I had to admit that. She had long red hair, like Ariel. She was quite small.

"May I take your order luvs." She said in a British accent. Oh god I love British accents.

"Um we're actually waiting for someon-"

"But Taylor I'm hungry. We've been waiting for an hour." Shawn interrupted Taylor.

"It's fine, you guys can go ahead." I said, feeling bad that Jack was keeping us waiting.

Shawn mouthed a 'thanks' and ordered his food. So does Taylor.

"Excuse me guys I'll be right back." I say as I get up. I walk out of the restaurant to get some air.

I let out a shaky sigh. He always does this.

I take out my phone and try to call him again. No answer. "God dammit!" I yell as I let out a deep breath.

I waited for a half an hour before Shawn came out looking for me.

"Jack." He said as he tuned me around.

"Taylor and I are finished eating, we're gonna head home. Taylor got you something to go alright." Shawn said with a soft smile.

"He's not coming is he." I said slowly.

Shawn gave me a sympathetic smile.

"God I know this feeling all too well. I'm sorry Jack."

*E N D O F F L A S H B A C K*

"God I said I was sorry!" Jack yelled.

"Don't lie to yourself Jack. You know that you just couldn't be bothered!" I yelled.

"I don't see why you're overreacting! We were never actually dating in the first place!" He yelled. Ouch.

"God. Of course. That's not my fucking fault. You're the one that doesn't like labels!" I said while rolling my eyes.

"I don't see why we can't just be together!" I yelled.

"Maybe because I don't want to be a faggot!" Jack mumbles softly.

"Grow a fucking pair. What are you going to do about it?"

"Well, I don't have to be a fag, do I?" Jack says.

I turn away.

"No, I guess not."

//

QOTD: What is your fav Wattpad books?

-A Splitting Of The Mind (Frerard)
-Testing The Tension by LooseCanonWallFlower (cash)
-Just Friends (the book that inspired this book) by Larraymeanslove (cash)
- Determined by @cashorstfu (cash)
- Chasing Cars by ShhImATurtle (Catthew)