Chapter 29: Misery

Cameron's POV

*Three Months Later*

The last three months have been utterly horrible. I haven't seen or heard from Nash. But this is partially my fault. I've stayed clear of social media, except for posting things regarding my work and meet and greets.

My movie was postponed due to my injuries. I had gotten much better. It took me a few weeks to recover from the pneumonia and my broken arm. I just got off my crutches and could now walk by myself again.

Also, Matt and I aren't talking. Let me explain why.

*Flashback 2months ago*

I was finally getting released from hospital. Matt promised to stay with me and help me around my apartment.

I laid in my hospital bed, anxiously awaiting the doctor.

Eventually, the door swung open and the doctor walked in. He held a clipboard and pen. "Alright Mr Dallas. I can already see you're doing better!" He exclaimed while scribbling down on his clip board. "I see that today is the day you're leaving yes?" he asked. I nodded. "Well, you're good to go! We can get you a set of crutches and do you need a nurse to stay with you and help you? Because we can arrange that for you." he said. "Oh don't worry about it, my friend Matt will stay with me and help me." I said. The doctor nodded. "The one that's visits you everyday?" he asked. "Yeah." I said. The doctor nodded. "Well you're good to go then Mr Dallas. I'll send for a nurse to bring your crutches and have a nice day." he said while walking out.

It was a few minutes till Matt arrived. He attacked me with a hug. "Best Friend Evvvverrrrrrrrrrr." he said while squeezing me tightly. I let out a loud laugh. "Best friends halll of fammeee.... There is no best friends hall of fammmee." I said back through a laugh.

"Are you ready to leave?" he asked. "Yeah, I can't wait to get out of here." I said. "I already dropped my stuff off at your apartment so we can go straight there. Oh and I brought you some clothes so that you can change out of that... robe." he said while snickering. He handed me the clothes. I got up and Matt helped me. "So this is pretty awkward but I need you to help me get dressed." I said. Matt looked at me and laughed. "Sure." he said.

After A LOT of awkwardness, I was finally dressed.

The nurse brought in my crutches and I thanked her for all her help over the past month.

Matt and I got to the car. Matt helped me the entire way. "Have you heard anything?" I asked as we got seated in the car. Matt sighed, knowing what and who I was referring to. "Nope." he said. I could tell he was lying but I decided to ignore it.

Once we got back to my apartment, Matt helped me out of the car and inside. He even carried all my stuff. "I feel like a fucking cripple." I said with a sigh. Matt shrugged. "You're a temporary cripple. And I'll help you till you're no longer of cripple status." he said while sitting down on the couch next to me. "How are you and Carter?" I asked. Matt smiled. "We're really, really good." he said while blushing. "That's good man." I said while nodding.

There was an awkward silence. Then I did something incredibly stupid. I lunged forward and placed my lips on Matt's. Matt immediately pulled back and looked at me with wide eyes. He paused, he then lunged at me and pressed his lips hard against mine. His hand gripped my waist. Our lips moved in sync for awhile. He then pulled apart and got up immediatly. "I'm sorry im sorry." I kept repeating over and over again. Matt just stood there not really knowing what to do. "I have to go." he said while quickly running out of my apartment. "Matt come back!" I screamed. It was at times like these I wished I could run after him.

Why am I so stupid? I shouldn't have kissed Matt. He was with Carter and he was my best friend. I'm so stupid. I don't have any real feelings for him other than friendship. I guess I was just so grateful for all he has done for me and ... fuck. I am so stupid. I probably just ruined Carter and Matt's relationship and mine and his.

About and hour passed by. It was very difficult for me to get around the apartment.

Then someone knocked on the door. "It's open!" I shouted. I hoped it was Matt.

"Cameron! Where are you?" A voice said. I suddenly realized it was Jack Johnson. "Oh hi Jack." I said while Jack walked in my room. "You sound so enthusiastic to see me." he said with a giggle. "Sorry. Why are you here by the way." I asked. "Matt called me and said he had an emergency and couldn't look after you so he asked me to come by and make sure you're okay." He said. Oh.

"So we're going to be roommates yo' " he said. I laughed. "Hey... how's Nash?" I asked. Jack looked at me weirdly. "Haven't you guys spoken?" he asked while sitting down next to me. "No..." I said softly. "I actually just saw him this morning. He got the lead roll in some movie." he said. This made my heartbeat increase. I was happy for him, he always wanted the lead in something. He was living his dream. "Good for him." I said with a nod. Jack sighed. "He asked about you too. Maybe you guys should talk. Should I invite him over?" he asked. "No no. It's okay, i'll text him." I said. I was not going to text him. Jack nodded. "I'm going to go watch TV. Shout if you need anything." Jack said while walking out.

*END OF FLASHBACK*

//

Question Of The Day: Where In The World Are You?

-South Africa