Chapter 66: Coming Of Age (Part Three)

{Hayes' Birthday Part Three}
3rd person POV

Nash look a deep breath and started walking downstairs. He tried to ignore the pain in his chest, but it didn't work very well. Nash was on the verge of tears but he tried his best to hold them in. He didn't understand how he could go from being happy to being so sad so quickly.

He wondered to himself if he had taken his medication or not this morning.

"Nash!" a voice shouted as soon as he got downstairs. It was Carter. Carter pulled Nash into a big hug.

Nash softly hugged back. Carter pulled away and looked at Nash oddly. "Are you okay man?" Carter asked with concern.

Cameron looked up at Nash. Cameron was currently seated on the large couch with Hayes. They were discussing something random.

Nash looked at Cameron. "Um Yeah. I'm okay." He said shakily to Carter.

Nash took a seat on one of the couches. Trying to distance himself from Cameron. Cameron looked at him for a second and their eyes met. Cameron quickly pulled away.

Nash felt another small tear trickle down his face. He wondered why he was getting so upset about such a small thing. He was so happy a few minutes ago.

"Did you tell him?" Matthew whispered into Cameron's ear.
Cameron looked up in shock. He couldn't remember seeing Matt come in. He had seen Carter but not Matt.
Cameron looked back at Nash who looked rather upset. "No, and that's the worst part. I just walked away from him." Cameron said softly so that Nash couldn't hear.

"Hayes!" A voice said as the door suddenly burst open and Mahogany ran through. She had Jacob with her. Mahogany was wearing a plaid jacket with short shorts and ridiculously high shoes. Her beautiful curly hair was tied up in a high pony.

"Mahogany!" Hayes said while running and embracing her in a large hug. "Happy birthday little man!" She said while handing him a box. The box was wrapped in bright red wrapping paper. Hayes smiled.

"Thanks. I'll open it later." he said while setting it down on the table.
"Hayes man happy birthday bro." Jacob said while fist bumping Hayes. Jacob then went to go and sit next to Mahogany.

"Nashy!" Mahogany exclaimed. "I've missed you so much!" She said while getting up and going over to hug Nash.

"Me too." Nash said said softly.

Mahogany raised an eyebrow. "Nash? Are you okay?" Nash looked at Cameron. He felt like he was on the verge of tears.

He couldn't take it. He had no idea why. He really didn't. His chest was filled with dread and melancholy. He didn't understand why the slightest sense of rejection sent him feeling this horrible.

Nash shook his head and then ran upstairs to his room, locking himself in.

Mahogany stood up. "Guys what's going on?" She demanded.

"Guess who's in the house!" Jack Johnson shouted as he entered the house. Jack G followed.

Jack and Jack walked into the room where everyone was. "What's going on?" Jack G asked.

Cameron had his head in his hands and looked incredibly stressed. Mahogany lifted her arms up.

"Nash just ran off upstairs. He looked like he was going to cry. So can anybody please explain what the hell is going on?" Mahogany demanded. Mahogany was always protective of Nash.

"Did you tell Nash?" Jack G asked Cameron. Everyone in the room turned their attention to Jack and then back to Cameron.

"Tell him what?" Mahogany asked.
Cameron took a deep breath. "I got offered a position at BMA modeling." Cameron said softly.

Mahogany's eyes widened. "OH MY GOD! CONGRATULATIONS!" She said while running over and hugging him.

"Thanks..." Cameron said softly.
"Dude I am so proud of you!" Hayes said while hugging Cameron.

"I've always been proud of you. I'm glad you made the right decision." Matt said with a soft smile. "Yeah man. Good for you." Carter added.

"Bro that's amazing!" Jacob
exclaimed. "Yeah man, way to go!" Johnson added.

"Thank you guys so much for your support but... It's just. This means that I'll have to move... To London..." Cameron said softly.

Everyone was silent. The only sounds you could hear were the soft gasps coming from everyone.

Mahogany was the first to speak.

"You deserve this Cameron. You've worked very hard for this. And even though we don't want you to go, we support you. Right guys? We'll always be a family." she said while coming over to hug Cameron. One by one, each person joined the hug till they were practically squeezing the breath out of Cameron.

"I just don't see how this ties into Nash though." Mahogany said.
Matt and Carter exchanged nervous glances, Gilinsky let out a small cough and Cameron looked down.

Mahogany took a while to think. After a few seconds it clicked. "Wait. Were you two?" She asked slowly. Cameron slowly nodded his head. "Oh." She said softly.

There was silence.

"You need to go and talk to Nash though." Hayes said softly, breaking the silence.

Cameron shrugged.

"Cameron please..." Hayes begged.

Cameron reluctantly lugged himself up the stairs and prepared himself to go and talk to Nash. He didn't want to. But he knew he had too. He had to make things right before he left.

//

Meanwhile, everyone downstairs was trying to enjoy the festivities and forget about everything that just happened. Neither of them wanted their friend to leave.

Everyone was talking amongst themselves. Mahogany was making fun of the New Magcon, Jacob was teaching Hayes how to do some basic things on guitar, Matt and Carter were getting cozy and Jack and Jack were awkwardly holding hands, hoping it was discreet while intently listening to Mahogany speak.

Suddenly the door burst open, pulling everyone out of whatever conversation they were in. Hayes spilt his drink on the floor.

"Shawn?"