Chapter 34: Mr Mendes (Part 2)

Shawn's POV

"Honey what happened?" my mom asked as I walked through the front door. I was surprised my mom was even up, it was like three am. "He didn't show up mom." I said softly. My mom walked over and engulfed me in a large hug. "Aww sweety it's okay, one day he'll realize what a big mistake he made okay?" she said while kissing my forehead. My mom knew I was gay and that I was secretly dating Taylor. She was really supportive and it really helped in the long run. "Thanks mom." I said softly. My mom nodded. "Now get some sleep sweetie."

I nodded and walked upstairs to my room.

I quickly changed into pajamas and got in bed.

I suddenly realized that I had not cried. It wasn't that I wasn't upset, I was, I just feel like I saw this coming.

Now that I think about it Taylor never really cared that much to be honest. He never came to any of my shows, or showed any support for my album or anything. I always showed up to his things, I always supported him. It wasn't fair.

I pulled out my phone and scrolled through Instagram. A photo that Nash just posted came up. It was a selfie with himself and Cam and they were doing the classic and I quote 'Shawn Mendes Peace Sign.' I chuckled lightly and liked the photo. I was happy they were together. Even though it was a bit harsh how Nash treated Lia, I mean she shouldn't have been surprised though. We could hear Nash and Cam go at it from the house that day. I was happy for them though, they deserved it, especially Cam.

I continued scrolling and then I saw something that did not surprise me in the least.

It was a photo of Taylor and Anastasia. He was gripping her waist and they were looking at each other and smiling.

Ouch.

It hasn't even been a week. It hasnt even been one fucking week.

The caption was 'hung out with my favorite person today ;)' he also tagged her. I know I shouldn't stalk but I couldn't resist the urge. I tapped on her username. Her most recent post was a similar photo except her caption was 'No longer in the fan-zone'

That's it.

I felt anger growing and growing inside of me. How could he? It hasn't even been a week. Did those two years mean nothing to him? Did I mean nothing to him?

I got up and ran out and to my car. I didn't care that I was in my pajamas and I didn't care that it was like half past three in the morning. I will speak to him.

I got in my car and started it immediately.

I sped like I've never sped before. I was angry, I was so angry.

Once I got to his house I got out of my car and slammed the door. I walked up to the front door and rang the doorbell. No answer. I rang it again. No answer. Again. No answer. I rang it one more time and the front door swung open.

"Shawn?" Taylor asked while yawning. "Two years Taylor, we've been together for two years and you throw it all away for WHAT?" I yelled. Taylor looked taken back. "Shawn I don't have time for this." he said simply. "I just want to know why. Why do these last two years mean nothing to you? Why do I mean nothing to you?" I asked, I could feel the tears running down my cheeks. He was the last person I wanted to cry in front of. "I just can't anymore Shawn..." he said slowly, not making eye contact with me. "So this is how we end. This is how our story ends, because you 'can't anymore'." I said with a bitter laugh. "I've been seeing someone Shawn." he said quickly.

I can pinpoint that that is the the exact moment my heart broke. "Anastasia?" I asked slowly. "Yes and no. But I've been seeing ... people... over the past year and-"

"You've been cheating on me for the last year Taylor....?" I said slowly. I started to shake my head and move backwards. "How could you....?" I asked. "Do you hate me that much?" I screamed. "Why didn't you just break up with me huh? Why? Why did you cheat?" I asked slowly. "Because Shawn! I didn't have the heart to tell that I don't love you." he said. "But Matt told me that you said at your party-"

"It was a moment of weakness Shawn, I didn't mean it." he said simply. I shook my head and turned around to walk back to my car. "Shawn just-"

I ran to my car, took the small box and threw it on the floor. Tears were streaming out my eyes. The box bounced and the ring flew out landing near Taylor's feet. His eyes had never gone wider before. "Happy Anniversary Taylor. Don't worry about the stupid ring, it's not a big loss. I sell out stadiums every week but you wouldn't know anything about that seen as you never bothered showing up to one of my shows." I yelled.

His entire face changed ever since he saw the ring fly out of the box. He looked almost.... guilty.

I shook my head and turned to get in my car.

"Happy Anniversary Shawn." Taylor croaked out.

And then I left.