Chapter 174

You were all sitting around the table eating, but to be honest you had lost your appetite from just looking at some of the food. 

You were sitting next to Lloyd when a kabuki came over to him and offered him something. 

'' Try the horned wasp eggs. Delicious! '' Chen said and rubbed his belly. 

'' Uh, I think I'll pass. '' Lloyd spoke. 

'' What about you miss? '' Chen asked you. You looked at the wasp eggs and almost threw up but kept a neutral face. 

'' No thank you,'' you answered with a smile trying not to be suspicious.

'' Oh, lighten up Green ninja. This isn't a trick. This is a feast to celebrate the eight of you making it to the second round. '' Chen cheered. 

'' And I must congratulate the Master of Shadow's defeat over Master of Poison. She was a bit hard to swallow, am I right? '' Chen joked, and the kabuki laughed with him. 

'' Laugh harder! Hahahaha! '' Chen demanded and they laughed harder. You looked at Lloyd and saw his concerned look on his face so you grabbed his hand over the table and have it a little squeeze and you felt him squeeze your hand back. 

'' You can relax, Lloyd. Even if there was a fight, now that we told the others about Chen's dirty plot to steal our Powers, we're safe in our secret alliance. '' Kai whispered. 

'' I tried to enlist Shadow, but that dude's throwing some serious shade. '' Griffin whispered back. 

'' Well, if you plan to stop Chen, you'll need everyone on board. Each fighter that loses gives him strength. Soon he'll be too powerful for even all of you combined to overcome. '' Garmadon told us. You snuck a glance at Shadow who was eating away. 

TIME SKIP

You ate some of the most normal-looking food as did the others. 

'' Ooh, fortune cookies! Bring them to me! '' Chen beamed when a kabuki brought some fortune cookies. 

'' But they are for your captured—I mean, honored guests. '' Clouse said but quickly corrected himself, sadly you heard him but pretended not to. 

'' I'm not gonna eat them, Clousey Clouse. Just read the fortunes. They're my favorite part. '' Chen said but Clouse cut him off. 

'' might I warn you our guests are fond of whispering, and I don't think it's about your food. I've heard word they have allied themselves. The Ninja have told them about our secret ceremony. And Lloyd and this mysterious girl seem to be very close to each other. '' Clouse whispered to his master. Chen looked over at you and Lloyd and saw you two laughing together and looking at each other in a very special way. 

'' Do they know about the spell? '' hen then asked. 

'' Not yet, but we must get ahead of this. '' Clouse told him. Chen laid the fortune cookie he took back and the kabuki offered them to the guests. 

'' It has come to my attention that there are rumors floating about that I am stealing everyone's power. I am. '' Chen confessed, you were all shocked. You didn't actually think he would be this honest. 

'' But it's all for this staff. '' Chen said and the kabuki whipped out their fans. 

'' No, no. Not you, staff. I mean my real staff. '' Chen said and the real staff appeared. 

'' The Staff of Elements. It holds the power of your fallen foes, and soon it'll hold all but one. For the last standing in my tournament will win this prize and be the greatest fighter ever in the history in Ninjago! '' Chen announced and everyone began whispering. 

'' You lied. What about the spell? '' Lloyd asked angrily. 

'' Spell? What spell? '' Clouse played dumb.

'' Don't believe him, it's just another trick. Neuro read Clouse's mind and saw it. Tell them what you saw, Neuro. '' Lloyd explained and told Neuro to tell everyone what he saw. You looked between Clouse and Neuro and saw Clouse glaring at him like he was going to kill him. 

'' I-I don't remember. Truthfully, I'm a bit more interested in knowing more about that staff. '' Neuro said which shocked Lloyd. 

'' And why should we be so quick to believe everything you say? How do we know you're not lying to get the staff for yourself? '' Griffin added. You looked at Clouse and Chen and saw they were laughing silently. 

' This is all part of their plan. ' You thought. 

'' It worked. Their alliance s crumbling. '' Clouse whispered. 

'' So much for the alliance. '' Garmadon said. 

'' They believe him over us? '' Lloyd questioned. 

'' If we're gonna convince anyone, argh, we need proof. Ugh. We need too, oh, find that spell. Would you cut it out!? '' Jay whispered yelled. 

'' Jay, it's me. '' It was Nya. 

'' Nya?! '' we all said unison. 

'' Lower your voices. I'm undercover. And to be completely honest, a bit out of my element. And I heard what happened to Cole. That was big of you both. '' Nya whispered and patted Jay on the shoulder. 

'' Love is like war, Nya. Everybody gets hurt. '' Jay whispered back. you wanted to facepalm but fought back the feeling. 

'' Is it just you, sis? '' Kai asked. 

'' Dareth's also on the island. '' Nya whispered. 

'' What up, Ninja? '' We heard Dareth's voice from Nya's communication device. 

'' And in contact with Wu via mobile base. '' Nya explained. 

'' If you're undercover, that means you can get close to Clouse's spellbook. All we know is that it's on page 149. I think he might have it in his quarters. '' Kai whispered to his sister. 

'' I'll look into it. And it sounds like you have your work cut out for you too. '' Nya whispered. 

'' How so? '' Jay asked. 

'' How do you think they found out about your little alliance? Someone in your circle of trust is a spy. '' Nya explained. 

'' A spy? '' The guys said unison. You looked at Clouse in the corner of your eye and saw him glaring. When you looked away, Nya was gone. Just then, Skylor came over. 

'' Do you know that servant girl? '' She asked. 

'' Uh- Know that girl? Uh, of course not. Why? Jealous? '' Kai asked her. 

''  My fortune tells me Cole and your friend Zane will be breaking out. You're lucky this didn't end up in the wrong hands,'' she tells him and walks away. You couldn't but have a bad feeling about her. 

'' He found Zane, I can't believe it. Thanks, Skylor. It's good to know there are some people here we can trust. '' Kai whispered looking at Skylor. 

'' A spy? Who do you think it is? '' Jay asked. 

'' I have my suspicions. '' Lloyd muttered and looked at Shade. 

What you didn't know was Chen was looking at you and Lloyd making up a little plan of his own.