Chapter 178

You, Nya, Lloyd, and Garmadon was watching the palace from a distance. 

'' He knows I'm coming. But I can't just hide here and do nothing. '' Lloyd stated. 

'' We have to wait until nightfall. There's too many. '' Nya said pointing at the guards. 

'' And then what? Every minute we're out here, he grows more powerful and- '' Lloyd shouted, you wanted to say something, but Garmadon was faster. 

'' Son, Chen grows strong by taking from others. But real power does the opposite. It empowers those around you. Like the way, you've empowered me. We will get you to Chen, and you will destroy his staff. '' Garmadon told his son. 

You didn't say anything, you just took Lloyd's hand and gave it a tight squeeze. 

' We can do this. ' you thought to yourself. Then you felt Lloyd give your hand a tight squeeze as if he was saying,

' Yes, we can. '

TIMES SKIP: NIGHT TIME

'' Remember, destroy the staff and everyone's power returns. You came here to make your team a whole. Finish the job. '' Garmadon reminded Lloyd of the plan. 

'' Finally, I get to kick some butt. '' You smiled as you rubbed your hands together. 

Nya shot her grabbling hook and we all glided along the robe to get to the palace. We all landed safely and began knocking out the guards surrounding us. We found an unlocked window and sneaked inside. We all walked quietly along the wall, that was until Lloyd accidentally triggered one of the alarms. 

Cultists quickly came running and started attacking us all. At first, it was easy, but they just kept coming from all sides. 

'' There's too many of them! '' Lloyd shouted. 

'' I'll hold them. You three, find Chen. '' Nya insisted and began fighting the guards. You, Lloyd, and Garmadon ran off to find Chen, but you ran into more trouble. 

'' Lookout! '' Garmadon shouted as Clouse shot his dark magic at you, luckily you dodge it. 

'' Go, you two. Leave Clouse to me. '' Garmadon ordered. 

'' Good luck. '' Lloyd said to his father and you gave him a big smile. 

'' Your father doesn't believe in luck. '' Clouse hissed at us. 

'' I know. I wasn't talking to him. '' Lloyd mocked Clouse and you laughed a little, then you two quickly ran off to find Chen. 

You and Lloyd were running when suddenly a trapdoor opened beneath you both. 

'' Ugh, Chen and his trapdoors. '' Lloyd said and rubbed his head. 

'' You can say that again, '' you said as you rubbed your arm. Suddenly you heard something behind you, you turned around and saw a giant snake coming towards you both. 

'' Lloyd! y/n! This way! '' you heard a very familiar voice say you turned and saw Kai. You both quickly began running towards Kai. You barely made it before the snake's mouth slammed shut. 

'' Kai, you escaped. What happened? '' Lloyd asked while you were still trying to catch your breath. 

'' I managed to slip free, but Chen took all our powers. If we can find them- '' Kai explained, but Lloyd cut him off. 

'' There's no time. I have t stop Chen. Alone if I have to. '' Lloyd said and both you and Kai stopped you looked at Lloyd like he was insane, but you didn't see Kai looking sadly at Lloyd.