Chapter 1: Eerie Feeling

"What do you mean you won't let me in!" The small girl with blond wavy hair and brown eyes complained after being denied access to the club. All her friends had gotten in. It wasn't fair!

"Miss I don't need to look at your ID, I can see your way too young to be here." The bouncer at the front door said. Was it a fake one, yes, but nonetheless she had gotten away with it before. Gently he pushed her out of the way to help the next people in line.

But he wasn't wrong, sure she was turning eighteen in a day but her tiny build made her look the size of a young child.

Frustrated and annoyed at this, Kaila pulled out her phone and rung up one of her girlfriends inside. No answer. She figured—they were all probably in there having fun drinking and dancing away. Out of curiosity she tried calling up the rest of her friends here with her tonight, and got no answer.

She felt more embarrassed than ever, here she was walking down the street late at night in a small skin tight red dress, the day prior to her eighteenth birthday.

This wasn't the night she had planned for. She was meant to be hanging out with her girlfriends Lauren, Alia, and Rose while they partied the night away til midnight.

Sure the exciting party life wasn't for her, and she didn't care for them all that much, but she did enjoy getting to have fun with her friends.

The street was dark except for the occasional street light every here and there. It was eerie, but this wasn't the first time she was walking down it late at night back to her apartment.

It was just usually she was either too drunk or tired from work by now and didn't care that it was a dark and scary journey home.

Although tonight didn't feel like any other night. She felt shivers down her spine, it was as if someone else's presence was there with her. Anxious at the thought she looked around making sure that wasn't case, in fact the street was empty, the only one walking down it was her. Like an abandoned town with a tumbleweed rolling across the empty street.

She got into the darkest part of the street where no lights were and only a shadow of an alleyway was clear. Using her phone she turned the flashlight on trying to see better.

Although it didn't help in time, a combination of heels and the dark only led to one thing—a recipe for disaster. Before the light on her phone turned on, she fell right there in the streets scrapping open her leg. Blood was dripping down her knee to her foot.

She whimpered and cried, it hurt so bad. She just wanted to hurry and get home, but now every time she took a step she whimpered limping one step at a time.

By the time she was a few houses away from her house, that same feeling of someone else's presence bothered her. She didn't want to be paranoid but it felt so right.

Finally seeing her house in the distance she felt safer knowing whoever was out here with her, couldn't get her inside her home. As fast as she could, she sped all the way up to the door, tear streaks all over her face, and the wind blowing her hair everywhere.

She reached into her purse and fumbled around with the keys, she was anxious. She tried to hurry and pick her house key out of the hundred she had.

However, she was moving so fast she dropped the keys and the feeling of someone behind her increased. Her heart would've bursted out of her chest if it kept beating that hard.

Lightly splashing her a little, a car drove by over a puddle. That annoyed Kaila, first she was denied access to have fun with her friends, then she falls and scraps open her knee, and now she's got street water along the backside of her legs.

As terrible as the night was, she did feel a little better knowing the reason she thought someone was behind her. "It was just a car Kaila. Calm down your working yourself up too much." She spoke to herself easing the key into the house door.

Inside she locked her front door, and turned all her lights on. One thing she hated most was the dark, and if she could help it—she would.

Trudging upstairs she went to shower off this terrible night. The warm water that ran over her body helped calm her down, but the moment it hit her cut she tensed up. She was hurrying to clean herself so she could get out fast.

Before she put her pjs on she put a bandaid over her cut, making sure she didn't bleed out.

Once in bed she opened her laptop and started up a movie. Sure she would have loved to be at the club partying away with her friends, but this was more her style of a night.

Not even making it half way through the movie she fell asleep sprawled out all across her bed.

The shining sun that shined through her window hit her eyes sending the girl awake.

She loved being out of high school, not having to wake up anymore at the brink of dawn, and only having to work in the evenings meant she could sleep as long as she wanted.

Her stomach growled out to her, but she just ignored it and fell back to sleep.

Another few hours passed and her phone besides her went off, looking at the caller she had seen it was her good friend Lauren.

L: Hey boo! Happy eighteenth birthday!! Me and the girls missed you last night, where were you, you missed the best time ever!

K: Thanks but don't rub it in the mean bouncer wouldn't let me in

L: What! Didn't he look at your ID, we got you one saying your old enough. And technically now you are!

K: He didn't even bother, he took one look at me and said no

L: I'm sorry about that Kay, next time I'll make sure you're in before me

K: Thanks Laur, so did anything happen last night without me

L: Oh My God so much. So Rose went to go grab us our drinks while Alia and I were...

Lauren rambled on for an hour reminding Kaila of all the fun the other three had without her.

It was a little sad seeing as it was her birthday present to go to the club yesterday, but she did enjoy the latter part of the night.

Ending the call with Lauren, Kaila decided to finally get up and get ready for her day. Throwing on some jeans and a plain muscle tee that showed her tiny arms, she went downstairs and grabbed a cup of water.

Her days were typically boring, she had nothing better to do besides go around her small apartment until it was time for work.

Speaking of she looked at the clock, she had another five hours before she had to leave for her job down at a local cafe.

Not knowing what else to do, she sat down on the couch and pulled her phone out playing a game.

Another half hour in and that same feeling of being watched came back. This had been going on for months now. She could be out and about or at home and still feel the creepy tingles that consumed her body.

Getting too paranoid, she shut the windows to her house. The feeling subsided but still lingered throughout her day.
—————————————————————————
A/N: So here y'all go! Perfect Preparation! I've been preparing this book for a while now and I hope you guys enjoy it.

Let me know what you think about this new story so far. Thanks Lexx signing off