Chapter 46: Diamond Jewel

Once at home Lain carried in a screaming and still crying Kaila into the corner of the dreaded bland room setting the small girl down in the chair.

"Don't move until I come back to get you." Lain's voice was harsh and full of authority as she marched out of the room and back downstairs.

It seemed like every time a second passed the little girl cried her eyes out harder and harder. Her eyes were filled with tears and the room was quick to look like a big blur of light and color.

As she managed to subside her cries on her own, she wiped away her stray tears with her fists before remembering to look up. She stared with her big pouty eyes and wobbly lip pleading with the camera to let her go.

Luckily her plan was working as she heard a pair of footsteps walking up the stairs towards the room. Soon Mallix appeared in the doorway with his arms crossed staring at her. "Come here Kaila," he pointed to the spot in front of him.

She slowly made her way over to him looking down the entire time before he guided her chin up to lock eyes with her.

"What you did at the restaurant wasn't very nice, next time we ask you to eat your food you listen alright."

She muttered a, "yes daddy," before he kissed her head and lifted her up off the ground and onto his lap. "Let's go downstairs and you can see what your Aunt Nina got you."

While he walked down the steps Kaila could hear Lain and Nina laughing around. But the second Mallix shut the baby gate their heads flung their way and Lain's gaze darkened.

She waited til Mallix passed her over into her arms before looking down seriously at the poor girl. But the second Lain caught a glance of how red and swollen Kaila's eyes were, her stare softened.

"You spoil her too much babe," Lain brought the small girl in for a hug holding her tightly against her.

Mallix chuckled, "oh come on even Nina said she'd let the poor thing out. You saw the camera feed babe she looked so sad, my heart couldn't take it anymore."

"It's true L, she looked so cute. Can I hold her now?" Nina asked from the couch patting her lap.

Lain kissed the back of Kaila's head nodding as she bent down lowering the small girl into the tall beauties lap. At first Kaila began to whine and look sadly over to Lain and Mallix, but once Nina began to bounce her legs and brush the little hairs out of Kaila's face, she began to relax in her hold.

"See I'm not so scary darling," Nina began to lay Kaila down in her arms so she was cradling the tiny girl, "would you like to open your present now honey. Your daddy told me I could give it to you after you finished your time out."

Kaila excitedly nodded smiling up wide at the woman as she reached down into her purse grabbing the small box out again. "Here you go" she placed the box in Kaila's hands.

Eagerly opening it she was surprised to see a diamond necklace with a small heart charm on the bottom. Lain and Mallix's eyes opened wide, "what do you say Kaila?" Lain told her getting closer to see the piece of jewelry.

"Thank you!" She warped her arms tightly around Nina's neck squeezing tightly not even thinking about what it would do to the tall woman.

The second Kaila released her, Nina gasped loudly trying to catch her breathe again. "That's quite a grip you've got small fry," she laughed taking the necklace out of the box and putting it on Kaila.

"Lookie!" the small girl hopped off Nina's lap and over to Lain and Mallix showing off her new accessory.

"Don't you look pretty in your fancy dress and necklace." Mallix smiled ruffling her hair a little as she yawned.

Looking at the time Mallix lifted her up again, "alright let's get you down for your nap." He began walking away before he turned to ask Lain to get a bottle.

She nodded going to get the item, "can I tag along?" Nina asked standing up from her seat.

He nodded his head and it wasn't long before all three of them were walking up the stairs to put the small girl to bed.

"Would you like to pick her an outfit to sleep in?" Mallix asked Nina seeing her eyes sparkle as she began looking through all of Kaila's drawers and closet.

"Here you go," she handed over a full body onesie decorated to look like a ladybug. "Ok bug, let's get you changed." He stood her up helping her out of her dress and into the onesie.

Lain picked up the small girl and laid her in the crib handing the warm bottle over. Everyone watched gingerly as she latched on quickly. "Sleep tight cutie," Lain kissed her head as Mallix followed behind.

They finished putting the bars up and putting on the mobile before leaving the room shutting the door to a crack.

Back downstairs all the friends sat around the dining room table. "You gave her a diamond necklace!" Lain's face was a mixture between shock and joy.

"Yeah, all you told me was that I would get to meet your little girl. You didn't tell me what she liked or didn't like so I just went with something I would want."

"But a diamond necklace, N, really?"

"Did you see how happy she was about it?! I'm more upset I didn't get her a pair of diamond earrings to match it." All of them broke down laughing.

"Your going to spoil her even more than we do," Mallix added.

Nina was quick to nod her head, "and who's going to be the fun aunt," she pointed her thumbs towards herself, "this gal!" At this point tears were falling from how hard they were laughing.
———————————————————————————
Let me know what you think. Thanks Lexx signing off