Chapter 75: Triple Threat

After the short ten minute ride down to a special new park Nina helped Kaila out of her car seat and stood the small girl out on the side of the car.

Unlike any normal park, this one had many other littles running and screaming all around the place. Kaila's eyes nervously scanned the large plastic structures and people around.

The playground itself consisted of three separate pieces of equipment. Each one painted a different pastel version of green, red, and orange.

The green one was lower to the ground than anything other set and was catered towards littles with younger head spaces. It had tunnels for people to crawl through and little rattling pieces scattered around it.

Meanwhile, the second one was painted pastel red. The playground was lifted up off the floor with stairs, small slides, and a rock climbing set.

Then finally off to the far side of the park being separated by a giant sandpit and swings was a playground that was massive. It had multiple layers to it, all of which were higher than the last. The slides were long and twisty, there was different ropes and climbing walls for them, along with jumping pads.

While the different sets seemed to be gaining Kaila's attention the poor girl hadn't even realized she was clung to Nina's side gripping on tightly to the bottom rim of the tall woman's shirt.

"You alright there darling?" Nina looked down side hugging Kaila before stretching her arm back into the car for the picnic basket she had packed earlier for the two of them.

"Cr-crowded" Kaila mumbled hiding her face into the side of Nina's abdomen.

Finally standing straight she looked around taking in the chaos around them. Littles were everywhere yelling and screaming at one another, and the different pieces of equipment had handful of people playing wildly.

"Hey you'll be fine, look over there at that red one. You want to go and play over there. Maybe you could even make some friends while your over there." Nina pulled Kaila off her and took a tight grip on her hand instead.

Kaila was squeezing on tightly, walking with her shoulder rubbing against Nina. The closer they got and the louder everyone's voices were only made Kaila more nervous. Nina took them over to a bench near the playground placing the picnic basket besides her.

"Go on and play," she tried to pry Kaila's hands off her but it was as if her hands had become superglued to the taller woman's shirt.

Sighing Nina lifted Kaila up and sat her down on her lap. "Is it too crowded and noisy?"

Kaila nodded resting her head on the woman's shoulder looking into her neck. "Well it's crowded because there's so many people here who would love to be your friend and play with you, and all that noise is just excitement. They're excited and want you to come and join them." Nina's voice vibrated into Kaila's ears.

Peaking out she did indeed see another little girl with a small group of two girls standing behind her waving her down. Kaila felt Nina shake as she laughed, "see they want you to play with them. Now hurry up and don't make them wait."

Nina stood Kaila up with some whining, but soon the small group of girls covered in sand took Kaila's hands leading her to the sandpit. It wasn't far away from where Nina was sitting, the entire time she kept a close eye on the girl.

She laughed seeing Kaila look back at her every minute making sure she hadn't left, but after twenty minutes of being in the pit with the other girls Nina could tell the she had loosened up. She had stopped looking back so regularly and it happened every once in a while before it disappeared all together. Nina quietly snapped pictures of Kaila and sent them to Lain and Mallix.

The couple were ecstatic to see Kaila happily enjoying quality time with some new friends.

"Let's build a snowman!" One of the girls sitting with her legs buried in the sand besides Kaila shouted to the group.

"No! Snowman for winter! Let's build a doggie!" Another girl protested from opposite of them.

"But I wanna build snowman too!" A third girl shyly yelled out from the other side of Kaila.

"No! Doggie!"

"Snowman!" One girl yelled before an additional "snowman!" was added in.

"Snowman for winter! What you pick?!" The girl opposite you Kaila looked at her with a pouting face and arms crossed.

"Uh..." she looked back and forth between the group of girls. "...d-...s-...uh...d-dog-doggie?" Kaila shrunk down hearing the two other girls gasp at her response.

"Fine! You guys build a doggie an we gonna make the bestest snowman ever!" One of them threw her hands up turning around to face away from Kaila. The other was quick to follow in suit.

Kaila cautiously met the gaze of the girl she had sided with. Her deep brown eyes complemented her pale complexion. "We're gonna build the best doggie! Let's go over there" she pointed off away from the other two girls.

Kaila sat besides her listening as she rambled on about the detail and lovable it was going to be. "I'm Bri" the other little girl extended her sand covered hand at Kaila forgetting she hadn't introduced herself yet.

Happily Kaila shook it, "I'm Kaila" she proudly introduced herself.

"Was that your mommy?" She gestured towards Nina who was now sat enjoying a book before looking up and waving Kaila's direction.

The small girl smiled and waved back before shaking her head at her new friend. "No, she my Aunty. Mommy and daddy can't come cause there busy" she muttered sadly.

"You got mommy and daddy too! That mines!" She pointed over to a bench besides the swing set to a couple looking at the daily newspaper.  "And they my sissy's!" She pointed towards the girls who were still building the base of the snowman.

Kaila's eyes widened with worry as the other two heard Bri shout out at them. They abandoned their creation and sat circling the half built dog. "Tera, Rae, this is Kaila" Bri looked over to the other girls.

The one with shining bright skin like honey with her grey eyes looked at Kaila before raising her hand in front of the small girl. "I'm Tera" she high fived Kaila and paused reaching to her side grabbing the hand of the little girl trying to walk away. "This is Rae...she's shy."

The small girl being held in the slightly taller ones hold began to squirm around trying to break free of her sisters arms. "Let me go Tera!" She whined.

"Tell her hi," Tera told her with an evil smirk.

Crossing her arms and muttering a quick hello she once again tried to get out of her grasp. Rolling her eyes Tera let go allowing Rae to sit behind them.

Inside Kaila's head was already filled with many worries. But as the newly introduced sisters involved Kaila in their games, most of her anxious nerves decided to go away.
——————————————————————————
Let me know what you think. Thanks Lexx signing off