Chapter 88: The Girls Are Back

As soon as the call with Hellen ended, Lain walked upstairs seeing Kaila laying on top of Mallix in their bed fast asleep. Her tiny arm dangled off the side of his strong body. Chuckling to herself Lain walked into the bathroom getting herself ready for bed.

When she came out she noticed Kaila was twisting slightly on Mallix, nearly getting ready to fall off the bed. She scooped the little girl up and placed her down besides him instead. Just as she was about to lay down to sleep, she heard a small whisper from behind her.

Standing in their doorway was Nina, once Lain met eyes with Nina she waved her over.

"What is it?" Lain asked stepping outside of her bedroom shutting the door slightly as to not disrupt Kaila and Mallix.

"I was just going to tell you about the plans for tomorrow." Nina grabbed her hand and led Lain to her bedroom down the hall so they could talk more freely.

"Alright, so I've booked us reservations at Amor Love for dinner and then I looked there's a bowling alley not too far from there so we can do that before dinner." She explained.

"Sounds nice N, I've already called and scheduled for Kaila to have a play date for tomorrow...wait! N, did you know who they were?"

Knowing they were complete strangers she shook her head, looking in confusion at Lain.

"You gave me John and Hellen Davenport's numbed!" She excitedly said taking Nina's hands and shaking them midair.

"Davenport! Like PortFilms Davenport's!"

"Yes! This is going to be great having connections to the movie industry. We were talking a little on working together for a project so I'm excited. Thanks for not being such an introvert N." Lain bursted into laughter, while Nina rolled her eyes playfully.

"Ok enough about the past. I swear I wasn't even that bad."

"Sure you weren't N, but I'm going to get some sleep now. I'm taking Kaila over to their place tomorrow and I would like to not have such dark bags under my eyes." She picked at herself to even the playing field for Nina.

"Alright night L." Nina waved her off. Inside their room again, Lain finally rested her head against her pillow and found herself deep into sleep faster than ever.

Morning was chaotic. Mallix and Nina we're running around like headless chickens trying to get ready for their night. Kaila was jumping all around the place being too excited to be able to see her friends to sit still. And Lain was anxiously making sure everything Kaila needed for her play date was packed into a little bag.

Once everyone was ready to go Lain grabbed Kaila's hand and took her outside to the car. She helped her little girl in before calling Hellen to check the address she was going to.

"Goin to see Tera...goin to see Bri...goin to see Rae..." Kaila sung over and over in the backseat not being able to think about anything else.

The entire ride was filled with excitement and joy, but the second their mansion of a house came into view Kaila could contain herself anymore. The small girl screamed with joy, laughing when Lain made a sharp move of the car from being startled by the noice.

"Kaila! Don't do that!" She scolded.

Instantly her poor girl in the back sunk down into her car seat knowing she had done something wrong.

Lain wanted her to be excited but screaming randomly in the car was another thing. After getting up their long driveway, Lain grabbed Kaila out of the back seeing a small pout still on her face.

"Hey smile baby, we're about to see your friends." When the pout still didn't disappear an idea suddenly struck. "Do you want to go and knock on the door?"

Suddenly her face lit up, their door had a fancy dragon knocker in the front. Running up to it excitedly Kaila took the knocker in her hand, and began to knock viciously on the door.

After twenty or so knocks Lain grabbed Kaila's hand off the knocker and held it in place. It wasn't long before very loud screaming could be heard inside the mansion.

When the door answered Lain was greeted by a a woman nearly her height with hazel eyes. "Lain! It's so nice to meet you, I'm Hellen."

"It's so nice to meet you." Lain's smiled.

"Hey Kaila how have you been?" Hellen bent down to Kaila's level seeing her eyes wander off behind her.

Checking to see what there was, she could see Bri and Tera's head sticking out from behind a wall giggling hysterically to themselves. "Alright well come in," Hellen opened the door for them to enter.

As soon as Kaila was in the house both girls hiding behind the wall immediately came out taking Kaila's hand and were about to whisk her away before Hellen stopped them. "Girls leave Kaila alone, she can walk perfectly fine without you tugging on her arms."

Lain laughed seeing the girls let go of Kaila's arms. "Want to see my room?" Tera asked instead waiting for Kaila to answer.

When she nodded the girls looked up hopeful at Hellen, before running in front of Kaila to show her their rooms. Seeing Kaila happily run off with the other girls was a sight for Lain to see.

The two women sat down took a seat in their large dinning room and began talking to one another about their different businesses and all their challenges to get to where they are today.

Meanwhile upstairs Kaila was being shown around the house by her new friends. "This is my room!" Tera said excitedly opening the door to her room. Inside was a small bed with flowers all over the sheet and toys scattered everywhere.

One step in and Kaila was pushed to the side harshly by Bri. Shocked she looked at Bri for an explanation. The girl pointed down by her feet, following her hand Kaila noticed a small pile of legos right where her foot was about to land.

"I saved you!" Bri squealed happily at her achievement. "Tera all messy."

"Hey! I not messy!" She defended. But a simple look around the room and she was quickly proved wrong. Looking at Kaila she walked over hugging her, "sorry you amost got hurt." She said.

Returning the hug all four girls were swiftly back to being happy again. They all rushed between rooms grabbing different items and toys before rushing into their guest room, which at this point was completely empty besides the few lingering toys.

They were excited to finally be able to spend some quality time with one another. And most excitedly to construct the worlds finest home build of pillows.
——————————————————————————
Let me know what you think. Thanks Lexx signing off