Chapter 6: Rejected

"Kaila?" Mallix asked looking down seeing the small girl anxiously shaking a little. It was scaring the couple seeing her so overwhelmed.

He went to move his hand over to her shoulder for some support but before he could even get to her she jumped up out of her seat.

"No! I'm not a baby! And you can't keep me here! I'm leaving!" She stormed off out of the room fast trying to find the exit.

She didn't care at this point that she was still in the onesie, all she wanted was to get out of this place and far away from the duo.

"Kaila stop!" They yelled after her, as much as she didn't look like it, Kaila's little legs could carry her fast. She was sprinting all over the house like a flash of lightning as she frantically searched for the exit. The house was like a maze, she couldn't help but feel like she was running in circles.

And finally—her golden opportunity arrived seeing the door at the end of the hall. Making the fastest bolt to the door she grabbed hold of the handle and momentarily she froze.

Looking back, time seemed to play slower. She could see the couple running as fast as they could, trying to catch up with the small girl. She could see just how scared and terrified they themselves looked. Not scared of Kaila getting out and telling of their actions, but the idea of losing her made them terrified.

As time caught back up with her she twisted the knob and as the door pulled open she stepped out dropping her jaw as she looked around. Their entire estate was placed within a secure surrounding of walls. They were small enough to be hidden behind all the tall trees, but far too tall for Kaila to be able to get over.

Her moments of pausing betrayed her as the duo caught up. Mallix lifted the small girl up from the porch and back into the house not caring about her squirms or pleads to be set down.

Returning tiredly to the living room, Lain sat down on the couch as he placed Kaila down into her lap, and he kneeled down in front of them.

"Kaila look at me." He said so firm and commanding.

But the small girl didn't want to give him the satisfaction of obeying, so instead she continued looking around at her surroundings trying to come up with another plan out.

"Kaila don't make me ask you again." This time his voice more firm than the last, and even from behind her, she could hear Lain whisper, "you'd better listen baby."

That only made Kaila more upset, she wasn't going to give in. She was struggling trying to pry herself out of the tall woman's arms but her strength was deceiving. The woman looked toned, and she was proving to be insanely strong.

In her panic, she stopped immediately in place feeling a sharp pain on her thigh. "Kaila I warned you twice. Look at me now. Do you want another spanking?" He was serious.

The pain made Kaila whine, she didn't want to be hit again. It hurt. Slowly her eyes darted his way.

He was intensely looking at her, the heat coming off him would be enough to light a candle.

"You do not run away from us, and most certainly do not try to leave the house without permission! We really wanted to be able to go easy on you, but you've done this upon yourself. And now," he took a deep breathe, "now we're going to have to do things the hard way. I will not have a disobedient little girl." He said with finality.

He lifted the shaking girl up from Lain's lap and walked up the long flight of stairs with her. This time stopping on the second floor, having to pass through yet another large baby gate.

Unlike the first floor that had the kitchen, dining room, and living space. The second floor had a much more open space that seemed like an entire floor dedicated to a common area. In one corner was two beanbags places in front of a tv mounted on the wall in front and a gaming console set up. In another was a table lowered down closer to the ground with a tea set neatly placed on top of it. Scattered all around the room were other toys and entertainments, all clearly meant for kids.

Away from the open space we're three doors down a long hallway. Two of which were large arch way doors that were left open. Mallix carried Kaila past them, and peaking in she could see there were conjoined offices. One had large bookshelves with books stacked on them, a large red leather chair behind a prestige wooden table and a laptop placed center stage. The other had mannequins dressed in different colorful attires, racks of all kinds of fabrics in all different patterns, and large sketchbooks thrown around the place.

Kaila was trying her hardest to be released from Mallix's grasp but he just held on tighter to her. They came onto the final door in the hall, one that wasn't as large.

Inside Kaila found herself looking at a blank and empty room that had a chair in one corner, small desk with paper and pencils in another, and a tall rocking chair in the far side of the room with a little table next to it, and on top of the table sat a baby monitor.

Nervously Kaila tensed up, she turned to face Mallix seeing him not even bat her a glance. Instead he marched the small girl over to the lonely chair sat in the corner of the room and set her down in it.

Before Kaila even had a chance to stand up he spoke, "Kaila you will not move from the timeout chair. If you even dare move from this spot before I come back to get you, you will be in so much more trouble missy. After that little stunt earlier, you should be happy I didn't pull you over my knee right there and then."

She gulped as a tear ran down her cheek. That was only the first of many more to come.

"I want you to sit in that chair and think about why it was not right to run away from us for one, and secondly why it is dangerous to leave the house without having permission." His voice was very hard, Kaila shuddered just thinking about what would happen if she made a wrong move.

Without another word he left the room, leaving the door wide open. This was a testimony to how much Kaila wanted to test her limits.

All she had to do was sneak out of the room and downstairs to the door. But at the cost of being discovered, she was fearful.

And the chair wasn't helping either. It was the most uncomfortable chair Kaila had ever sat in.

It felt like she had been sitting there for an eternity crying her eyes out and her bottom was starting to get sore. 'Kaila what are you doing?! Your an adult, you make your own choices! Get up out of this chair and get out!' Her mind kept scolding her.

And before she knew it, she was standing on the boundaries of leaving the room.
———————————————————————
Let me know what you think about Kaila's behavior. Thanks Lexx signing off