Chapter 99: White Light

"Ouch!" A man wearing black jeans and polo with a brown vest jumped back holding onto his stomach hitting his back against the wall. The sudden noise sent in another guard from outside the small heavy duty door.

"What's going on in here?!" He shouted at the man against the wall.

"The little b**** kicked me...AGAIN! I'm over trying to feed her, you do it!" He yelled back before giving the small girl, who's legs were tucked into her chest and arms shackled above her head, a dirty look.

Instead of shouting back, the taller and quite frankly scarier man who entered in all bulletproof equipment grabbed the other man by the collar of his polo and pulled him up. Getting right in front of his face he lowly and violently said, "it's your job, get it done. She's tiny...man up and get your job done before boss doesn't let your debt free ride be so debt free."

Kaila, had tears streaming down her face. "STAY AWAY!" She yelled at him flinging her legs around the place, trying to kick him away from her helpless body bound to the wall. Similar to Lain's dilemma, Kaila had awoken to being confined within four dark closely bound walls. Unlike Lain, however to the men's frustration, they hadn't bound Kaila's ankles to the bed posts. She was freely able to throw her legs around and attack as she pleased.

"I swear kick me again..." he began to threaten as he walked right up to the end of the bed positioning his body right in place for one of Kaila's final blows. This time instead of simply sending him back, she sent him down to the floor on his knees as her foot impacted hard against his manhood. He screamed in agony, grabbing hold of himself whimpering at the pain.

He was breathing heavy as he waited for the pain to subside. Once it did, Kaila's face dropped when he stood up irritatedly with a red face, and devilish eyes. The way he looked at her, she screamed bloody murder like her life depended on it. The horrid screeching only aggravated the man more, taking one long step. He lunged half way across the tiny room putting one hand over Kaila's mouth, and the other holding her legs together in place.

He leaned his face too close for comfort towards Kaila's face. There foreheads were practically touching. There was a rush of sweat and rage hitting her face causing her nose to scrunch up at the stench. "Don't you...EVER...kick me again!" He slowly spoke. Giving each word there own emphasis.

He stayed leaning up against her body, until the poor girl underneath his large build nodded. Pulling away he harshly removed his hands from her mouth and marched over to her silver tray of fruits to the side of the room where he had laid them before. Grabbing a singular grape he held it in front of her mouth. Kaila looked at his eyes daring him to challenge his command to eat. She didn't even have time to respond before he shoved the grape into her mouth.

She coughed from the sudden force nearly spewing the grape all over herself. Replacing his hand back in front of her mouth she cried as he made her chew and swallow it before removing his hands. This painful process of being force fed continued for the next hour, until the entire plater of food was empty.

Slamming the door behind him, the man finally left Kaila alone to her thoughts. She was shaking in terror of the man returning. After having gone through the pain of losing both Lain and Mallix, she was giving up on everything. Being chained against the wall, she felt helpless and scared, unable to do anything about her current situation. Trying to help soothe herself, the small girl curled into a tight ball, hurdling against the padded wall of the room.

The room was silent, the padded walls silencing any noise that threatened to comprise the mute filled peace. Her eyes began drifting away, finally letting her tired body and mind get some rest. She focused on the one sound that made her feel most at ease, while not exactly the same, she listened intently to her own heartbeat. Listening as it's rushing rhythms beat out of her chest. After some time and effort, the poor girl drifted off into sleep.

That was until a sudden drop of metal startled her awake. Shooting her eyes open, she was blinded by a bright light staring down at her, making her entire vision one giant blur. She tried sitting up, but felt herself restrained down to a cold platform. The only thing covering her shivering body was a thin white sheet. "Beginning stage two," she heard a woman's voice say seeing a light shadow in the shape of a person come into view as they pushed away the bright light in her face.

The sound of drills and metal slamming against one another filled this noisy room. She shot her head around as far as she could manage, seeing multiple people in lab coats working and digging equipment into people unconscious body. Her eyes widen shooting them at her own body. She looked down at herself seeing black dotted lines surrounding her entire naked leg, exposed to a woman in a lab coat on one side of her and a man on the other side of her.

The man had on a pair of glasses that magnified three times out, with a bright light attached to the center of it. Meanwhile the woman held a syringe with a large needle attached to it, aimed directly at Kaila's upper thigh.

She began shaking in fear yelling out a series of no's. The nurses both looked up at her, before looking back down to the sides of the gurney she was laid on top of. They pressed a button strengthening the resistance of the restraints, making it impossible for Kaila to move a single muscle. She screamed and shouted at them, but it was almost as if they were completely deaf, not paying her a single thought or attention as a painfully sharp pinch left it's touch on her leg.

She cried hard as the pain didn't go away, it lingered in that spot for over a minute before the nurse removed the needle as long as her finger. Kaila, never was one for having a high pain tolerance or any tolerance for that matter. It was no doubt she cried her eyes out. In her haze Kaila was no longer paying any attention to what was going on, she was simply focusing on the terrible pain left in her leg, that she hadn't realized she let a single word slip. It was also the final thing she'd remember before blacking out on the cold table as the finally syllable left her lips. "Mommy..."

Lain's heart dropped having a strong feeling in her gut. She looked painfully at the door in front of her isolating room, tugging away at her chains. Her instincts we're driving her forwards, giving her the strength she needed to escape. She knew her baby girl needed her, and right now there was no stopping her. As if by a chance of luck, a single screw popped from the socket of the chain allowing enough slack to force the hook of the chains off the wall. Slipping her arms out of the metal bearings, she began her next task at hand, removing the ankle restraints.
——————————————————————————
A/N: Hey guys, guess what chapters next. That's right, the hundredth chapter of Perfect Preparation, so much drama has been going on. I swear they never seem to get enough of it. Thanks for making it so far into all the madness that bestowed the Colden family with me and voting and commenting along the way. Anyways I'll be concluding this book tomorrow with chapter 100, but now that leaves me with a question:

Do you...

a. Want the sequel for this book

b. Want a new book

c. Want the sequel for MLP

...after this book ends. I could really use the feedback❤️Thanks lovelies!

Anyways let me know what you think. Thanks Lexx signing off.