Chapter 61: Until Dusk

Lunch was smooth, and much to Kaila's delight many of the staff members and even other guest commented on how beautiful she looked in her fairy get up.

Once Mallix paid, they walked out of the restaurant immediately being met with the beginning of a song playing from the lobby. The large balcony this floor had gave them perfect access to see that the show was starting soon.

So they rushed back to the elevator and hurried to the lobby, once the doors opened they made it just in time for Kaila to see the show from the very beginning.

She got up close to the show while Lain and Mallix sat back letting her have her space. However, they did keep a close eye on her. They didn't even notice what the show was about by how focused they were watching Kaila and never even looked up to see the play.

Before they knew it Kaila was running back to them after the men dressed as knights and the ladies dressed as princesses took a bow. "How was the show?" Lain asked.

"Didn't you see it mommy! The knights tried to get to the castle cause all the princesses were trapped but then they got stuck and they..." she trailed off and the couple glanced at each other realizing how often Kaila could ramble on about something, "...but then they found it and they went back to the castle and they saved all the princess! Then they lived happy ever after!" She excitedly finished as Lain and Mallix clapped their hands by how well she remembered the entire thing.

Seeing as the show lasted an hour the couple decided they had enough time to rest and began walking to the entrance of the park.

The sunlight twinkled around Kaila reflecting off all of her sparkles. "Where to first?" Lain asked pulling a new map from the entrance and looked at the little rides.

"How about the train ride?" Mallix suggested seeing Kaila too busy trying out her wand at a nearby pigeon. She got close to it waving her wand around until it flew away and she started giggling, "look I made it disappear!" She proudly stated.

Lain chuckled grabbing Kaila's hand. "You did, nice trick cutie, now let's hurry before we miss our train ride."

Upon arriving at the station the happy family were relieved to see that they had made it on time. They quickly climbed into an empty cart. It wasn't long before the conductor started the slow ride allowing them to enjoy their time together.

The entire ride was themed around the medieval times. At every corner was a new set of statues both of humans and creatures of the forest. The ride itself had different reoccurring characters during its story telling process. The entire time Lain and Mallix sat back watching Kaila waving at the statues they passed, while Kaila was too interested in the conductor who was explaining the story line over the intercom.

As soon as they came onto the final set where the prince in gold armor held his helmet in his arms, holding his mighty sword high above his head signally his victory, the ride came to an end.

"Yay!" Kaila was clapping her hands as the doors opened and the family got out.

"No I wanna see the goblin again!" She whined realizing they weren't going back into the cue again. The ride lasted nearly an hour, one of the longer rides of the park.

"But what about all the other fun rides we haven't even looked at yet? Don't you want to go ride the ponies?" Mallix smiled holding her hand and almost in an instant Kaila forgot all about the train ride and was now screaming for excitement going over to the merry-go-round.

"This one!" She giggled violently throwing her leg over the back of the horse trying to get up, but her height was proving to make it a challenge.

"Hey hey hey," Lain rushed over before Kaila could fall from her journey up "wait next time for one of us to help you baby. You could've gotten hurt." She sat the girl onto her horse strapping the seat beat around her waist while she happily held on tightly to the silver bar.

"Thank you!" She grined at Lain before petting the cement mane on her horses head and telling it the fun their going to have together while Lain and Mallix hopped on two other horses right besides Kaila.

"Don't you get dizzy always going round and round?" Mallix shot his head over to Kaila who was talking into the horses ear.

He chuckled to himself when her head shot up, "what! Ew! You throw up candy! But I love candy! Now imma think bout that when I have some! I don't like candy no more..." she giggled to herself realizing what she just said, "no I won't, it's too yummy!"

As other guest all gathered around filling up the empty horses around them the rhythmic melody began to play as the horses began to spin around while bobbing up and down slowly.

"Faster! Faster!" She laughed throwing her pointer finger far in front of them.

Kaila peaked her head to the sides of her seeing Lain and Mallix staring at her. She blushed turning around slightly while the couple broke out into laughter.

Once the ride was over Kaila waved goodbye to her trusty stallion. For the next few hours they spent bouncing from ride to ride allowing Kaila to smile and laugh to her hearts content.

They ended their night riding the Ferris wheel getting a high view of the entire resort and park. The sun had recently decided to retire casting their sky into a frenzy of pink and orange.

The lights on all the rides began to illuminate filling the empty spaces below. Lain and Mallix were on the sides of Kaila. They wrapped their arms around her waist letting her rest her head on Lain's shoulder.

"What about me?" Mallix retracted his hands sounding hurt as he smirked looking away before peaking back.

"Sorry daddy," Kaila grabbed his hands and held them in her own. He smiled leaning back into the seat again.

"She's definitely a mommy's girl, hate to break it to you babe. But she is," Lain laughed in his face as she held Kaila's head on her shoulder kissing her head.

"Mommy!" Kaila blusher turning to hide her flushed face.

Lain was laughing even harder now while Mallix started laughing himself. "It was clear babe. From day one I knew she was going to be a mommy's girl."

His comment only made her more flustered and dig her head further into the taller woman's shoulder. "As long as she doesn't forget about me," he cleared his throat and she peaked out seeing him eye her down, "then we'll be fine."

"I not gonna forget ya daddy" she looked at him with sweet eyes. He awed at her leaning in to press a kiss onto her forehead.

"Well then I'm settled," he chuckled sitting back rubbing his thumb against Kaila's cheek the rest of the ride while Lain held her close.
——————————————————————————
Let me know what you think. Thanks Lexx signing off